Difference between aft balcony and the other side?

kirchubel

Pardon me for not knowing the different terms but we are booked on Carnival Victory ... room 8237. I keep hearing how great the aft balconies are and I don't think that is what we have. Can anyone tell us what the difference is between the two sides? Thanks!:)

The big deal about aft balconies is that they are larger than the side balconies. Look at the deck plans of your ship (available on the Carnival website) and you can see the difference in size. Most of the time the difference in view is that from the aft balconies you can see the wake of the ship. From the sides you mostly see the sea.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an aft balcony on the Victory, loved having the bigger balcony, but it was not as private since the sides of the balcony are slanted. However do not stay in the aft balcony directly above the lounge if you plan to sleep. Our floor was vibrating, we were in 6440. I will say it DID NOT ruin our vacation and Carnival satisfied us with compensation. We had a great time!

I just had my 1st aft balcony on the Pride last week and loved it! The back of the ship is my favorite view and will only book that type of balcony from here on out!

Welcome home.

Just wondering what your cabin number was? This is will be my first aft on a carnival ship (Pride) and was just curious. We've loved aft on Princess and RCI. Since we sail out of Baltimore (cold) I was wondering if you found the aft balcony warmer.

Thanks everyone for the nautical term help! Does anyone have experience in starboard rooms at the bow? Are they not as nice as aft balconies? What kinds of views do you have from them? Thanks in advance!

Modern ships are slab-sided so all cabins along the side are about the same. Some like the Spirit class have a "Coke Bottle" shape [narrow at the waist] [midships] Those can have some blockage of the view but aren't bad. Aft balconies are desirable because the back of the ship slopes from the higher decks stern-ward down to the lower decks. This makes the balconies from a little to a lot longer from the cabin door to the rail. But you can only see where you've been, not where you're going!

Archived