Oasis has Hairspray so what about Allure?

I could see them go after Mama Mia since the Abbacadabra group is so popular on the ships.

I think it will be a different show as well from Oasis. It would be more on the family entertainment side and I too vote and would love for it to be Mama Mia just like you Gordon.... single digits till sailaway for you now:D

I think it will be a different show as well from Oasis. It would be more on the family entertainment side and I too vote and would love for it to be Mama Mia just like you Gordon.... single digits till sailaway for you now:D

Can't wait for Thursday to get here and jump a plane to FLL. :)

The Allure will have a different show, but I am not sure that it is wise to have any one show on a ship for 5 years, which is what we were told about Hairspray, yes it was a good show, but why would anyone rush back to a ship if the entertainment was going to be the same for such a long time. I am sure that Royal will go for another similar style of show, Mamma Mia would get many votes, as would Jersey Boys.

• 1 month later...

I was told that it would def be another show (along the lines of hairspray) but couldnt reveal what yet, but it wuld def NOT be hairspray. Also all the other shows will be different but along the same lines.

My vote would be for mama mia too.

Donna

Hey Gordon,

I finally got to view your photos. Very nice!

So where are you off to next weekend?

Ernie

Thanks Ernie.

I wish that I were going next weekend. That post was actually just before I left for the Oasis last month. I now have to wait until May to travel down to FLL again for the Oasis. Not as lucky as you getting to move to Miami next weekend. That will be me in ten years or so.:)

I'm nost sure when they'll announce it. My bet would be somewhere around the 6 months mark of June. I don't have anything to go on other than just my gut feeling about such things.

Five years is a very long time for a show to run on a cruise ship IMHO. We've never been big on the shows while cruising. In the past it's been more about the ports than the ship. With Oasis and Allure being all about the ship for us, keeping shows that long will keep us off these ships until the shows change. Hairspray, as were all the shows, was great. But I've seen them once and I'd just as soon see something else.

While I enjoy relaxing I still need a little something as far as entertainment to keep me interested. Seeing the same shows doesn't do that for me. We have Allure booked but, if they were to announce the same shows will be on Allure as are now on Oasis, we might have to revist those vacation plans in favor of something else.

I'm nost sure when they'll announce it. My bet would be somewhere around the 6 months mark of June. I don't have anything to go on other than just my gut feeling about such things.

Five years is a very long time for a show to run on a cruise ship IMHO. We've never been big on the shows while cruising. In the past it's been more about the ports than the ship. With Oasis and Allure being all about the ship for us, keeping shows that long will keep us off these ships until the shows change. Hairspray, as were all the shows, was great. But I've seen them once and I'd just as soon see something else.

While I enjoy relaxing I still need a little something as far as entertainment to keep me interested. Seeing the same shows doesn't do that for me. We have Allure booked but, if they were to announce the same shows will be on Allure as are now on Oasis, we might have to revist those vacation plans in favor of something else.

I heard they ordered an entire new set of wigs from the company that did their costuming, but that could be just replacements for the show on the Oasis.

Not that my vote matters, but Wicked is an amazing, current, fun for all ages musical (and it's not Disney). I loved Mamamia, but my feeling is that younger audiences won't really understand the underpinnings of the musical and what it's really about.

Not that my vote matters, but Wicked is an amazing, current, fun for all ages musical (and it's not Disney). I loved Mamamia, but my feeling is that younger audiences won't really understand the underpinnings of the musical and what it's really about.

Ah ... one of my favorite all time shows! I think Wicked would be over their heads however. The book requires really great acting. I think Hairspray on the Oasis is excellent because it's the perfect fit for their production company. They are great at musical numbers ... song and dance ... but not so much so with the direction of dialogue. Hairspray's book is very sophomoric so it doesn't need great actors to pull it off (or a great director for that matter). Wicked, however, does need great actors and cruise lines don't pay the kind of money that would attract that level of talent. Boy...it sure is a great show though! :)

I heard they ordered an entire new set of wigs from the company that did their costuming, but that could be just replacements for the show on the Oasis.

Hopefully it's for Oasis. It would be a HUGE disappointment if they have the exact same shows on Allure. I would give very serious consideration to cancelling Allure if that's the case. We were looking at land based vacations before booking Allure and, since I don't know for a fact that the shows will be different, am keeping those plans as a back-up just in case.

I loved Oasis but, floating on a huge ship with the same entertainment that I've aleardy seen makes the cruise less attractive to me. I don't know it would have that effect on most cruisers but, I normally sail for the ports. Oasis provided so much entertainment that I was willing to book Allure and sail for the entertianment one more time. Of course, that assumes that it will be new entertainment.

RCI is keeping the shows under wraps till an anouncement is made..I was told while on board on the 1/30 sailing that ALL shows will be different on the Allure and that she heard Mamma Mia may be the front runner for the production show....I asked because I also was interested in booking the Allure or Oasis next year and didn't want the same shows as well......Hi Donna....

Big Al

Archived