What are you allowed to do?

Johnthed0g

Booked to go on Eclipse, did it online & have no brochure but have looked online, but get the impression there are places we can & can't go, ie Aqua class only, can anyone give me an idea of what goes on. What is not included that would be on P&O as well. Have been on Celebrity (Constellation) & loved it, as we live near Southampton UK & don't like flying, the new schedules from this port will be great.

If you are not booked in Aqua Class you will not be able to eat in Blu, the specialty restaurant for Aqua Class rooms only. If you are not an elite CC member you will not be able to go to Michael's Club for morning or evening receptions. Other than that, you will be able to go anywhere you please.

I do not believe that you will have access to the Persian Gardens or the Relaxation Room unless your are in AQ.

Persian Gardens is free if you are in Aqua Class. Others may access the Gardens, but have to purchase a pass.

The Relaxation Room is the waiting area for those receiving spa treatments. People in Aqua Class can use it even if they do not have a spa treatment, however there was never any staff checking people in at the Relaxation Room, so in reality anyone who wants to relax there likely could.

Booked to go on Eclipse, did it online & have no brochure but have looked online, but get the impression there are places we can & can't go, ie Aqua class only, can anyone give me an idea of what goes on. What is not included that would be on P&O as well. Have been on Celebrity (Constellation) & loved it, as we live near Southampton UK & don't like flying, the new schedules from this port will be great.

John - the only place we simply weren't able to use when we were on Solstice in the Autumn was (as others have said) Blu. That said, we were able to have a look into it - they don't have guards armed with Uzis at the door - but we didn't eat there. Didn't even ask, to be truthful - we thoroughly enjoyed our large table in the MDR.

We're not spa people at all so the Persian Garden, etc, were just never on our radar. I don't think Michael's Club was yet being used for Elite passengers in the way described above, but to be honest I don't think we actually went in there other than for the Celebrity Connections meeting on the first morning.

I can't remember if I posted the link to my blog entries about this cruise over in P&O Land. Here's the link.

Thanks for all the replies, people seem REALLY nice here! We are going on Eclipse, just a taster 4 night to Cork, we like to, if possible, to take a shortish cruise in April/May & hopefully a longer one later, time & finance permitting. I think Celebrity are just that bit better than P&O.

Hmmm, yes indeed! Don't know if it's people who favour a particular cruise line or just the site/s.

Or a particular nation. I read an interesting comment on John Heald's blog last summer some time. He was temporarily on a Carnival ship operating out of the UK (can't remember which port or which ship). He is himself British, of course, but he's been working with Carnival itself for years, almost exclusively on ships cruising out of Miami, so this was the first time that he'd been exposed to massed Brits for a long time.

He said in the blog that he was truly *astonished* at the number of complaints that were raised. There was in truth nothing especially wrong with the ship or the crew, but the list of complaints was much longer than on previous cruises. As the CD he spoke to many of the complainers and discovered that in most cases there wasn't a substantive issue to resolve. He came to the sad conclusion that an awful lot of Brits simply like to whinge.

That would make an Eclipse cruise different from our cruises on Galaxy & Solstice!

Archived