Help me pick an aft room on Legend!

turtlegirl2

Dilemma!! I have a courtesy hold on suite 5266, the last aft-wrap suite on the upcoming Legend cruise we will be booking. I have read good and bad about this suite (one big room vs seperate room) so that is one consideration. the other is my fair-skinned DH; he won't love the open sky balcony during the day but we'd love it at night & early morning.

After reading about the aft extended balcony rooms on the Main level (deck 4) I notice we'd get a more typical balcony, still keep the aft view, but have full cover from the deck above. This room is pricing about $200 less than the suite - so price-wise, the suite is ahead for me.

Any thoughts?? Covered view or full sun?!? If anyone has pictures of an extended balcony on the main deck of Legend, that would be great to see.

TIA! :D :D

For $200 you should tell your DH to get some high SPF sunscreen! :D

I had an aft wrap on the Miracle in Feb and an aft balcony on the Spirit in Nov. For that price difference it's no contest. Keep the VS.

I do like deck four, both these cabins were on the Main deck. I like it for the privacy of the overhang though.

This isn't the view you were wanting I don't think. But it does give one perspective on the difference in balcony size.

2550894190102836559S600x600Q85.jpg

WOW! Keep the aft wrap! That is a "sweet" deal! I have had aft wraps on the main deck and the panorama, and I will have a regular aft on the main in 33 days. Your DH should be able to find shade on the side where the balcony wraps...we were always able to find a little protection even on the panorama deck.

Dilemma!! I have a courtesy hold on suite 5266, the last aft-wrap suite on the upcoming Legend cruise we will be booking...... This room is pricing about $200 less than the suite - so price-wise, the suite is ahead for me.

TIA! :D :D

The Main deck is directly above the dining room - so you may get some noise from below. Deck 5 is between cabins, which is always my preferred choice, just to reduce noise from public places.

I'll never be able to afford an aft wrap, so can't comment (although I did peak around the divider and look, longingly, at that huge balcony).

4230 on Miracle...

2773882790102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2345478020102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

When in port, we were often docked where the balcony still got full sun, which made it very hot. Plus, you don't get the wind when moving, unless you stand at the rail.

But the overhang came in very handy on the 2nd sea day, when we had rather rough seas and intermittent rain. I wasn't feeling well, and was able to put my chair lengthwise along the cabin window and bundled up in my bathrobe and beach towel so I could stay out there and read and get lots of fresh air.

But if I could afford it, I'd have the wrap balcony, even one on Deck 5. I would hate to pay the price for a Vista Suite and not get the "usual" large cabin, though. Still, I would probably spend a lot more time on the balcony than I would in the cabin anyway.

The Main deck is directly above the dining room - so you may get some noise from below.

The only time we heard anything from the dining room was 1 hour and 15 minutes after the start of each fixed seating. That's when they do the song and dance thingy. :cool:

I'll never be able to afford an aft wrap, so can't comment (although I did peak around the divider and look, longingly, at that huge balcony).

4230 on Miracle...

2773882790102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2345478020102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

When in port, we were often docked where the balcony still got full sun, which made it very hot. Plus, you don't get the wind when moving, unless you stand at the rail.

But the overhang came in very handy on the 2nd sea day, when we had rather rough seas and intermittent rain. I wasn't feeling well, and was able to put my chair lengthwise along the cabin window and bundled up in my bathrobe and beach towel so I could stay out there and read and get lots of fresh air.

But if I could afford it, I'd have the wrap balcony, even one on Deck 5. I would hate to pay the price for a Vista Suite and not get the "usual" large cabin, though. Still, I would probably spend a lot more time on the balcony than I would in the cabin anyway.

My cabin in 33 days...thanks again for the pictures!

Has anyone had a deck 8 aft extended balcony on Legend?? I was wondering about the deck 9 aft pool above and if there is an overhang, or if passengers can see that balcony from deck 9.

We had 8268 on our last cruise. The only time people can see you is when you are standing at the railing. If you're back a bit you're out of view. It really wasn't a big issue. The big room and huge balcony was well worth it! Bill.

We had 8268 on our last cruise. The only time people can see you is when you are standing at the railing. If you're back a bit you're out of view. It really wasn't a big issue. The big room and huge balcony was well worth it! Bill.

Thanks, Bill. This is our first aft balcony, and hope the ship doesn't have too much movement. That is a vista suite, but ours is 8N category, so not as large cabin or balcony.

Has anyone had a deck 8 aft extended balcony on Legend?? I was wondering about the deck 9 aft pool above and if there is an overhang, or if passengers can see that balcony from deck 9.

This is the view from deck 9 aft:

349940657zkWMkw_th.jpg

click to enlarge

Mr. Pete:

Please help a technologically disadvantaged person. How do you view the pictures you posted? I click on the link and just see a tiny thumbnail in the upper left corner of the screen.

If it's opening in a new window, click the box to the left of the X in the top of that window.

Thanks for all of your tips and pics! We went for it and booked the aft-wrap room!! So excited! Telling DH to pack extra sunscreen now!! :cool:

Less than 6 weeks to go!! :D

Beware! You will be forever spoiled and no other cabin location on any ship will compare! We're cruising on the Legend on feb.7th. We had to book a cat 9b(7301). We wanted to have the wraparound aft suite again; but we are traveling with 2 kids this time and they won't allow 4 in these cabins, only up to 3. Our youngest will be in a crib; but you have to have a cabin that accommodates 4 to be able to wheel a crib in there---even if you will never use the 4th bunk! We booked the cat 9 because it's about the size of a cat 11 suite; but less dineros. Have a blast and enjoy the balcony! Bill.

Thanks for all of your tips and pics! We went for it and booked the aft-wrap room!! So excited! Telling DH to pack extra sunscreen now!! :cool:

Less than 6 weeks to go!! :D

Make sure you let them know that you don't want to be "upgraded " to a "higher level" suite. Sometimes they surprise you with an upgrade when you check in. This has happened to us a couple of times on fantasy class ships. We got a suite instead of a regular outside cabin; which was great! In your case, you definitely want to keep what you have! Bill.

Archived