Excursion needed for Stingray City?

-ClevelandRocks-

I too had a really quick response from Sharon at Nativeways.

We are doing the Starfish and not Rumpoint:(. Grandson is not much of a beach person.

Enjoy your day.

Yea, I was really worried when I read someone else was trying to get in and they were completely booked. Then read someone say they have waited over 2 weeks and hadn't heard anything. I went into panic mode. :o

So excited when she answered me back via email on 3 different occasions right away. They are already making an excellent impression on me. :D

If you're looking for a digital camera....fuji makes one that is around $150 or so and I've seen it on sale at places like best buy/meijer for as cheap as $130...it takes really good underwater pictures! Also olympus has a few different models...I got the 600 sereis/model last summer although I have not used it underwater I have a friend that has and the pictures are excellent as well...that one is around $250! They're definately well worth the money!

I got a Kodak Playsport last year for our trip to Turks and Caicos. The pictures came out amazing, in and out of the water. It shoots video in HD also. The software that comes with it will automatically correct your underwater balances. I got it for around $120. It is a little cheaper now because the next generation is out.

I got a Kodak Playsport last year for our trip to Turks and Caicos. The pictures came out amazing, in and out of the water. It shoots video in HD also. The software that comes with it will automatically correct your underwater balances. I got it for around $120. It is a little cheaper now because the next generation is out.

I googled Kodak Playsport and it looks like its just a camcorder. What model do you have? I'm looking for something good & inexpensive for snorkling. Don't want to spend too much since I got a new, more expensive camera for Christmas...:D

I googled Kodak Playsport and it looks like its just a camcorder. What model do you have? I'm looking for something good & inexpensive for snorkling. Don't want to spend too much since I got a new, more expensive camera for Christmas...:D

I believe mine is the Playsport Zx3. It is waterproof up to 3 meters. It takes video in 1080p. It also has a 5 megapixel digital camera. I used it for snorkeling, in the pool, going down the waterslide and for everything on land. I think the videos and pictures come out great. The good thing is, if you want to save money, you can get this model for a lot less, since there is a newer version out.

I just got back from GC, i used Nativeways, did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point, had a great time, and they take your lunch order as you leave the snorkling site, and lunch is waiting on a beach picninc table when you arrive at Rum Point, they are very conscientious about getting you back to the Pier on time.

I just got back from GC, i used Nativeways, did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point, had a great time, and they take your lunch order as you leave the snorkling site, and lunch is waiting on a beach picninc table when you arrive at Rum Point, they are very conscientious about getting you back to the Pier on time.

Care to share pictures? :D

I believe mine is the Playsport Zx3. It is waterproof up to 3 meters. It takes video in 1080p. It also has a 5 megapixel digital camera. I used it for snorkeling, in the pool, going down the waterslide and for everything on land. I think the videos and pictures come out great. The good thing is, if you want to save money, you can get this model for a lot less, since there is a newer version out.

Thank you for the info. I'll definately check it out.

We just got back from a 7 day cruise with a WONDERFUL stop in Grand Cayman and did the Sting Ray City which was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip! Well - that an the food on the ship... anyways I just wanted to say that for anyone that has an iDevice, there is a real handy app named SpotCayman. All of the tour operators are on it, beaches, restaurants, taxi companies, wifi. It might be helpful...

Thank you very much for the great pictures. We are leaving in a few days and I might "upgrade" our trip with Nativeway. Your pictures captured more of the essence of Rum Point - especially a hammock!!

L.A.S.T.

I definitely recommend Nativeway's Reef, Rays and Rumpoint tour. We are booked again for this March!! Nativeways is definitely a first class operation...no complaints at all!!!

After Stingrays, snorkeling and lunch, they have beach chairs and hammocks...no need for wifi!! ;)

I am leaving my kids at home, this will be the only way to contact them. It make me feel good to sign on and see an email from them telling me everything is ok.

Also silly question......is there a bathroom on the boat?

I am leaving my kids at home, this will be the only way to contact them. It make me feel good to sign on and see an email from them telling me everything is ok.

Also silly question......is there a bathroom on the boat?

I know with the wifi...my sense of humor is a little warped! I hit the chair and actually dozed off a little.

I do believe there was a bathroom on the boat although I didn't go down below. Not 100% sure though. They do have a couple boats also so you might be on another one. The bathrooms at Rum Point were very clean and nice.

Thank you very much for the great pictures. We are leaving in a few days and I might "upgrade" our trip with Nativeway. Your pictures captured more of the essence of Rum Point - especially a hammock!!

L.A.S.T.

Small world, aren't you on the Pearl leaving feb 26th? I think I saw you on the roll call. We are doing the shorter snorkel trip through nativeways. I was told their other snorkel tour was full. Are you on that one too? I believe it is called stingray, coral garadens and starfish.

Small world, aren't you on the Pearl leaving feb 26th? I think I saw you on the roll call. We are doing the shorter snorkel trip through nativeways. I was told their other snorkel tour was full. Are you on that one too? I believe it is called stingray, coral garadens and starfish.

We are doing that tour..rays reef and starfish..have you heard anything abvout that one?

Rum Point sounds awesome but with our grandson..not so much..he is not really a beach kid.

We are doing that tour..rays reef and starfish..have you heard anything abvout that one?

Rum Point sounds awesome but with our grandson..not so much..he is not really a beach kid.

When we went on January, we had 4 in our group (doing rays, reef and rum point) and they teamed us up with 4 others that were doing the rays, reef, starfish. We went to Stingray City, snorkeled and stopped over another reef where the guide dove in and brought up some starfish for us to see and hold. They did offer to let us snorkel in the area and see them for ourselves but we had just got back in the boat from snorkeling and all passed. Since the other group did not do the rum point (which they offered to them again as were were finishing up with the starfish) there was another boat that pulled up beside us and they got off (their excursion was over). We went on and ordered our lunch and headed to Rum Point. We were there for a couple hours (I fell asleep and did not have a watch so time kind of got away from me).

Hope ya'll have as good of a time as we did!!!!!

Just received my reservation conformation from Native Way. She said there is a bathroom on the boat. Also there is no wifi at the beach :mad:. We will just stop at the coffee shop on the way back to the ship. They seem really organized, we are really looking forward to this excursion. I am weird about germs so I will bring my own snorkel and mask. We leave in 2 weeks so I will report back with a review. I am sure its going to be great!

Also for anyone who has already been, what would be a good tip for them? If there is more than 1 guide do I tip all of them? Or just the ones that helps us?

I did get a confirmation from Nativeway....looks like for some reason the 1st email they sent me didn't come through so when I resent yesterday, she just forwarded me the one they had sent me a couple of weeks ago. I have heard nothing but good things and am so excited to do this excursion! :)

Archived