Excursion needed for Stingray City?

-ClevelandRocks-

We booked it through their website and then got a confirmation emailed back. They do not require advance payment, so you just submit the booking form and they email back a confirmation. I printed it out and had it with me, but when we go off the tender, Elron was waiting there with a sign and a clip board with our names on it. We waited for the others who were signed up, walked to his van, and headed to the marina. They collected money toward the end of the tour. Here is the contact info:

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com

nativway@candw.ky

Ditto!!! :d

we booked it through their website and then got a confirmation emailed back. They do not require advance payment, so you just submit the booking form and they email back a confirmation. I printed it out and had it with me, but when we go off the tender, elron was waiting there with a sign and a clip board with our names on it. We waited for the others who were signed up, walked to his van, and headed to the marina. They collected money toward the end of the tour. Here is the contact info:

nativway@candw.ky

Great review .

We are also looking at buying a waterproof camera. Which one do you have and would you recommend it?

I was wanting to get one before we left but forgot. They were selling on the ship right as we were exiting to port and got it there. It was OK. The pictures while snorkeling that had some depth didn't turn out too good but the rest were fine. It was like $18. It is a cheap film camera that had a water proof casing. It is reusable but not sure if we will use it again. Amazon has some with reviews, you might check there.

We booked it through their website and then got a confirmation emailed back. They do not require advance payment, so you just submit the booking form and they email back a confirmation. I printed it out and had it with me, but when we go off the tender, Elron was waiting there with a sign and a clip board with our names on it. We waited for the others who were signed up, walked to his van, and headed to the marina. They collected money toward the end of the tour. Here is the contact info:

nativway@candw.ky

Hmmm...that's where I sent in the form....I have not gotten a confirmation and it's been about a week....wonder if I should email them or just re-submit???:cool:

I was wanting to get one before we left but forgot. They were selling on the ship right as we were exiting to port and got it there. It was OK. The pictures while snorkeling that had some depth didn't turn out too good but the rest were fine. It was like $18. It is a cheap film camera that had a water proof casing. It is reusable but not sure if we will use it again. Amazon has some with reviews, you might check there.

We brought the disposable WP cameras, they are not too good, but they do not leak. Most of our pics came out too blue also, but they can be fixed a little. Sorry I have not had the chance to scan our snorkel pics yet. So, I had borrow one of yours.Bluewater.jpg

Bluewater-Copy-1.jpg

At depth you loose red faster than other colors. If you change the saturation and temperature of the pics you can get a little more detail, and get rid of the extreme blue look.

Great review .

We are also looking at buying a waterproof camera. Which one do you have and would you recommend it?

If you're looking for a digital camera....fuji makes one that is around $150 or so and I've seen it on sale at places like best buy/meijer for as cheap as $130...it takes really good underwater pictures! Also olympus has a few different models...I got the 600 sereis/model last summer although I have not used it underwater I have a friend that has and the pictures are excellent as well...that one is around $250! They're definately well worth the money!

What follows is a link to a long, detailed review with photos of our tour with Nativeways Watersports. We did the Reef, Rays, and Rumpoint tour, which includes a visit to stingray city, snorkeling over a reef, and a visit to Rumpoint, with lunch included. We loved this tour and have booked it again for this March.

The tour review starts on post 52:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1229217&page=3

GREAT Review! I emailed them the booking form for the Rays, Reef & Rum Point beach about a week ago though and have not heard back.

Hmmm...that's where I sent in the form....I have not gotten a confirmation and it's been about a week....wonder if I should email them or just re-submit???:cool:

We just booked Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Native Ways. (Thanks again Bucknut316 for your input in all of this). We are so excited! I know we still have 6 months to go, but with three ships in port that day, we figured we may as well book early to assure a spot.

I filled out the Native Ways booking form yesterday afternoon and received a confirmation back this morning. So 1artsymomoof3, if you still have not heard back from Native Ways, I would try resubmitting your booking request again as it is likely your form was not received.

We will be in Grand Cayman on Feb 29. We really want t do the stingray & snorkeling. Native way & Franks are both booked :confused:

What should we do? Is the excursion thru carnival any good??

I did the carnival one and my Brother in law and his family got off the ship and booked a tour for $25 on the pier, on some old green school bus without A/C. We swam next to each other at the Stingrays. He paid over $100 less per person than I did.

I'm now researching which company to use for our trip next month.

When I was looking at Native Ways website, (I know I want to do the Rays, Reef and Rum Point after seeing these pictures), it didn't mention anything about lunch on there. I wonder why.

Also, I've checked out all of the companies on here mentioned: Native Way, Moby Dick, Captain Marvins, Franks, and Stingray sailing. For some reason, most of these do not charge a fee for a 3 year old for this excursion...with the exception of Stingray sailing and Native way both say a child price (like 10 and "under" is $50). The others state they do not charge for a 3 or 4 year old and they are free.

Anyone taken a 3 year old on this excursion and know if they do in fact charge for sure? I just don't want to pay $50 for a 3 year old and that will influence who I will book with.

Thanks for any info. :)

I'm now researching which company to use for our trip next month.

When I was looking at Native Ways website, (I know I want to do the Rays, Reef and Rum Point after seeing these pictures), it didn't mention anything about lunch on there. I wonder why.

Also, I've checked out all of the companies on here mentioned: Native Way, Moby Dick, Captain Marvins, Franks, and Stingray sailing. For some reason, most of these do not charge a fee for a 3 year old for this excursion...with the exception of Stingray sailing and Native way both say a child price (like 10 and "under" is $50). The others state they do not charge for a 3 or 4 year old and they are free.

Anyone taken a 3 year old on this excursion and know if they do in fact charge for sure? I just don't want to pay $50 for a 3 year old and that will influence who I will book with.

Thanks for any info. :)

I would email them and see what you can work out. Let them know this will most likely sway your decision. I'd bet they would work with ya!!

I would email them and see what you can work out. Let them know this will most likely sway your decision. I'd bet they would work with ya!!

Thanks. I decided to do just that and their response was if she ate the lunch, they would charge her $15 to cover the expense. :)

Ok, I just filled out the tour request form for Nativeways...keeping my fingers crossed that we are all able to get in. (5 of us there in March). There are 4 ships there that day.

Is there anyone else that does an excursion to Rum Point if they are booked? :confused: I really want to go here. It looks beautiful and so relaxing.

Also, I assume that if you have your own snorkeling equipment you are welcome to bring it instead of using theirs??

Also, I was trying to find a link with the menu for Rum Point.

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but it looks like it. If anyone is interested:

http://www.rumpointclub.com/bar-and-grill

It shows the prices of the different menus, soda and alcoholic drinks. There is a tab at the top, so I'm not sure if what Nativeways offers is the Bar and Grill menu or the Beach BBQ menu. Looks like there's something for everyone though whether it be seafood or regular food. :)

We went through Stingray Sailing and it was absolutely amazing. For only $50pp we had 4 hours (although only 3.5 was advertised) and there were about 15 of us with them. The boat ride on their catamaran was super relaxing and there wasn't any horrible loud music that lots of other boats have. We passed many other boats that had probably 30-50 people on them, and there was only one other catamaran. All others were large motor boats or house boats. I've done those before, and they aren't exactly relaxing when you have a bunch of others around you and it's LOUD so you can't even hear the beautiful water. Chip (who owned the boat) saw how many people were at the Stingray bar (like 10+ boats) so went to the snorkeling area first where only 2 other boats were. Amazing!

Highly highly recommend them if you want a more relaxing and private tour! :)

WOW, within a half hour, Sharon has already confirmed our reservation for 5 of us next month. That was QUICK! Super excited now. :D

I too had a really quick response from Sharon at Nativeways.

We are doing the Starfish and not Rumpoint:(. Grandson is not much of a beach person.

Enjoy your day.

Archived