Just opened the mail - Oceania Marina Brochure

FinelyCruising

Having done the "old " Oceania, my dh and I are pleasantly surprised and anxious to try the new ship. Waiting for new itinerarys for spring and summer months. Now if they do something to liven up the entertainment, it will be a jewel!!!

I received my brochure last week and was blown away at how beautiful and refined the Marina looked. I absolutely loved the colours - the brown, taupe and blues and so classic. Sometimes I wonder why ships have such bold colours, but this new Marina is fabulous. I also loved the fact that they will have gourmet cooking classes on board. I'm pretty certain that their cruises will not be as reasonably priced as Celebrity. I love Celebrity but I sure did enjoy my Med. cruise with Oceania and I still dream about how wonderful their food was!

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Canada.

I'm still waiting for the brochure to arrive. Snail mail is so slow!

We thought about booking its 1st transAtlantic, but changed our minds. Its yet unnamed sister is due out in July 2011, and we think we will book that. Perhaps all the design bugs will be tweaked.

We were leaning towards Celebrity for 2011 until we saw Marina. She's beautiful!! Can't wait for her schedules to come out past April.

Did you guys see the sales figures for her? 50% sell out in 12 hours on all 5 sailings. That's incredible seeing it was only open to past guests.

I saw that too! Yes, what a magnificent ship and I also want to see what happens with scheduling but I could make do with the Carribean in the early spring that they have listed to get me out of the north and ready for the summer:cool:

Pricey?...what are the usual prices...the brochure has rates; are the actual booking prices the same as what is printed?

Have to agree. The suites are incredible. Celebrity should note the ingenuity used to make a dining area in the Penthouse Suites. The lack of a dining area in the Solstice Class Celebrity Suites is one of the reasons that we are unlikely to try them.

Yes the brochure could be a coffee table book. It in itself is amazing.

Just got off the Regatta and it was wonderful. They sure have a loyal following over on Oceania. Food was outstanding and tons of their crew are ex-Celebrity people. We got a pretty good deal on this cruise, but dollar for dollar, I will stick with Celebrity.

If another "deal" comes along we would cruise Oceania in a heart beat. Can't beat their port intensive itineraries! Azamara is very similar (by the way, Az needs a new ship or two).:)

Kel

Archived