Anybody ready to get naughty?

laxlove6

I heard they denied boarding recently to some people that were caught doing this. :D
Actually, one fellow claimed he was not allowed to board. The biggest -- though not the only -- problem with his story was that IF the cruise line had started disembarking people for bringing alcohol, they wouldn't have chosen to kick off ONE PASSENGER out of all their ships.

Remember, everyone doesn't come here to share information and be helpful. Some people get a perverted thrill from lying and seeing other people get upset.

Yeah, if your booze gets confiscated, it's fair play. You took your chances. At the same time, the markup that is being applied for alcohol on cruise lines exceeds any other place of sale I can think of.
Now that sounds about right. We all know that you're taking your chances when you bring alcohol onboard. So it only makes sense not to bring more than you're willing to lose.

Denied boarding. Geez. I'm sure RCCL wants to argue with credit card companies over people doing charge backs after being denied boarding!!!!! I'm thinking of bringing three handles of vodka and 3 cases of beer! I'm not going to the naughty room. If people were being denied boarding then the famous naughty room wouldn't exist stocked with booze. Don't be fooled people and don't be scared.

I worked in credit card disputes and I can tell you for sure, the merchant gets a chance to show the charge is valid before its charged back to them. Just because you choose to break the rules, doesnt mean the charge isnt valid if you are denied boarding.

I used to do hotels, and we had lots of drunks thrown out of their hotel room who demanded their money back when they had to find another hotel .. we rebilled them at the end of the dispute. Once the hotel showed they called the police who said they were intoxicated. I was always amazed someone would want to show the police were called on them for being drunk.

My favorite was a meth lab, where they got arrested, and claimed double billing after staying there almost two weeks and getting billed for the two weeks ....or the guy who peed on the carpet and got his room changed 3 times, kept peeing, (some old guy obviously) and was disputing the charge to clean the carpet. ....i loved the stories, I got 100s.

People assume if they dispute a charge, the credit card company just removes the charge ... forever.

would be careful... I hear they are getting harder on those bringing in alcohol... It states in our agreement with RCI that we understand that

alcohol cannt be brought on board...

not trying to judge anyone... but why would anyone want to attempt to break the rules when you know them ahead of time?

what will happen is that RCI will start to govern harder and harder and it will affect those of us that cruise more often...

don t mean to judge....

:confused:

Dont man to judge?, say it a few more times, still not believing you

Not getting into the liquor debate but just an FYI for anyone interested: We brought a small $6 plastic fan for "white noise" at bedtime and had to go to the naughty room. The fan was confiscated and returned when we got off the ship at the end of the cruise. Not a big deal to us at all but thought I'd save someone else the hassle if they were thinking of bringing one. I guess I didn't read these boards and the cruise contract close enough. We seriously weren't trying to sneak, didn't know it wasn't allowed. This was in May on Enchantment. The Cruise however ROCKED!! Good times with great friends. :D

I'm a booze smuggler and am not embarrassed to admit it. I don't take an exorbitant amount; usually just a single 32. oz rum runner. I buy plenty of overpriced drinks on the ship and my rum runner is simply for keeping in my stateroom, where I can mix it with my overpriced soft drink while I'm getting ready for dinner in the evening. Sometimes I'll have a night cap right before bed. I don't want to go to a bar to find a drink because I'm in the process of getting ready for dinner or going to bed. As others have said, if you could purchase a bottle on board, I would do that. It's not so much a means of escaping expensive drinks as it is as matter of convenience.

One other thing I've done is to find a local liquor store (not a duty free) in port (there's one in Georgetown that I've visited a couple times), buy a small bottle there and take it back on board in the pocket of my cargo shorts.

I'll still have a $300-$400 bar tab at the end of the cruise. And the cruise line isn't losing any money because if I didn't have the alcohol in the convenience of my stateroom, I wouldn't be drinking it at that time anyway.

Bottom's up.

Archived