Anybody ready to get naughty?

laxlove6

Just curious. Do the same folks who bring their own liquor on board, bring their own liquor to land based bars and restaurants?

No, it wouldn't occur to me to "smuggle" anything into a restaurant! Good point!

But I have brought my favorite candy to the movie's (because they didn't sell it on site and because they practice mob prices).

And I got caught with Tequila on Carnival once, they took it away until the end of the cruise. After that I realized they allow one bottle of wine or champagne per passenger so I just brought one small box of nice wine and once didn't even finish it.

But RCCL hard rules are a mighty temptation for me to try something. Stick it to the man I guess.

We also just got off the Independence and had no alchohol, irons etc in our luggage but one of our bags took 4 hours longer than the others to arrive. When we opened the bag after it was finally delivered it had two notes inside one saying they had suspected alchohol and the second saying they had not found anything and had not removed anything. The only thing in the bag was clothing and some inflatable rings (round rafts) for the beach for the kids. Maybe they looked like rum runners? They are apparently VERY thorough on the Indy!

We cruised Indy 2 weeks ago and two 32 ounce rum runners made it through without issue.

I heard they denied boarding recently to some people that were caught doing this. :D

:D You're a naughty boy! I sort of wish they would, though. It would force all these people who b&m about the rules to put up or shut up. If it's that important to you, and you don't like RCI's rules, and hotels allow this and resorts allow that and Disney allows the other . . . choose an option you are happy with, rather than whining about an option you're unhappy with. Go to those hotels and resorts and other cruise lines that treat you the way you want to be treated. ;)

I agree, the "Naughty Room " is not a good name. I would be happier if I was called to Smugglers Cove. Just sounds more nautical. If they take your booze or iron or curling iron you should be given a pirates cap for compensation. I am a smuggler and I don't care, if we want to enjoy a drink or glass of wine getting ready for dinner that is my choice to smuggle. This will be my virgin smuggling attempt with RCCL ( I am a successful vetran on Carnival )and I have no doubt my rum runners will get thru and I will be enjoying my efforts on my balcony. Thanks in advance to all the high and mighty, never btreak a rule people who will teel me the " RULES ".:):):)

Smugglers Cove - LOVE IT!!!!

For the smugglers out there - have any of you tried to bring your rum runners in your carry on? I usually bring my shampoo, lotions, make-up with me in a hand-held carry on shoulder bag. Just wondering if the bag would be manually checked with all those other items in there.

Smugglers Cove - LOVE IT!!!!

For the smugglers out there - have any of you tried to bring your rum runners in your carry on? I usually bring my shampoo, lotions, make-up with me in a hand-held carry on shoulder bag. Just wondering if the bag would be manually checked with all those other items in there.

I think you could get away with it on a carry-on as long as it is in a 3 oz container. Shouldn't be a problem. Might have to try it next time. I think RR sells containers similar to size.

Just got off the Navigator and did not smuggle anything, LOL but 2 recent stories. My neighbors just got off the Oasis; they are in their early 60's and brought liquor in their baggage. It never made it to their room and they had to go wait in a huge line with other "smugglers" to retreive it. The luggage is xrayed and then gone through if anything is found. My son and his spring break friends went on the Majesty 2 weeks ago and none of their liquor made it. They had put it in Listerine and shampoo bottles. They waited in line for several hours to get their luggage. Dogs were sniffing for drugs and police were waiting in the rooms of guests who had brought any drugs on board. Is it really worth it??

I agree, the "Naughty Room " is not a good name. I would be happier if I was called to Smugglers Cove. Just sounds more nautical. If they take your booze or iron or curling iron you should be given a pirates cap for compensation. I am a smuggler and I don't care, if we want to enjoy a drink or glass of wine getting ready for dinner that is my choice to smuggle. This will be my virgin smuggling attempt with RCCL ( I am a successful vetran on Carnival )and I have no doubt my rum runners will get thru and I will be enjoying my efforts on my balcony. Thanks in advance to all the high and mighty, never btreak a rule people who will teel me the " RULES ".:):):)

I would like to have my own as well. First time with RCCL this year second week of Dec. My second cruise was with CC Dec. 08 and this is what we brought on board. Everything was secured and made it to our room safely. No time no effort. Since it was off-season, maybe they're less strict.I had a great time knowing I had my own stash. We had some at the hotel pre-cruise and then probably 1/3 on the cruise so we ended up having to take some back home with us. We went crazy when we discovered Total wine giving we didn't have one in our area at the time. Didn't know how much we bought until we came back to the hotel room.We just simply had to bring it. 043-vi.jpg.9a312f4cadcd54add02c51059e05c9cf.jpg043jpg.html

We cruised Indy 2 weeks ago and two 32 ounce rum runners made it through without issue.

Same cruise - 1 suitcase with a Rum Runner made it through. Husband's suitcase with (2) 8 oz. Rum Runners was delivered around 4 hours after the other suitcases with an orange card in it stating that our suitcase was searched and our alcohol seized and destroyed. This is the first time we cruised during Spring Break, first cruise on Indy and first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have never had problems with the RRs out of Miami.

It didn't bother me that they took it, we know it's a gamble. I just wish they would have called us down to the "naughty room" so we could open the locked suitcase for them instead of them going through it without us present. We did have TSA locks on all our luggage.

My sister was on the same cruise with us and got called to the "naughty room". She doesn't even drink. I'm not sure what they think they saw but at least they went through her suitcase with her present.

Just curious. Do the same folks who bring their own liquor on board, bring their own liquor to land based bars and restaurants?

Yeah they all live in antiquated town that don't have liquor by the drink but still do the old brown bag system. LMAO

I think you're right!

RCI wouldn't have to deny boarding to many smugglers before word got out and the practice stopped. Problem solved...

I am confused where did you read that quote...I missed looked back to find it nope it aint there??????

They went through our bag last year on Independence without our permission and never asked us to come down.

My dive bag had a two inch dive knife on my BC and my bag did not get delivered. At 7:00pm, we had a voice mail message asking me to go to security. They let me have my bag and kept the knife until I got off the ship for home. They asked me to open the bag and remove the knife. However, it was apparent that they had already gone through the bag prior to my arrival.

Sincerely hope the OP gets caught and everything is confiscated.

Equally I hope he/she has an adult with her/him on the cruise because clearly the age is somewhere under 16.

Either that or the thread is a wind up which is what I suspect.

Yeah, if your booze gets confiscated, it's fair play. You took your chances. At the same time, the markup that is being applied for alcohol on cruise lines exceeds any other place of sale I can think of.

My brother in law drank four digits worth of light beer on last year's cruise. I believe the per unit cost was between $5.50 and $6.50. It was a seven day cruise. The closest pricing example I can compare that to is a professional sporting event, and for six and a half bucks there, I can expect to buy a 14 ounce draft beer of good quality, not a can of Coors Light.

I'm really a certifiable capitalist. I fully respect the right of Royal Caribbean or any other business to make a buck. As a consumer, I would really be more comfortable paying more for a stateroom, and not getting raped for the same beer, wine, and liquor that I paid 1/5th the price for the preceeding week at Costco. I feel like I am being taken advantage of, and while it seems so many may be comfortable with it, I don't expect I ever will be.

i think this is funny how everyone gets so up tight about this topic. unfortunately I can't drink due to a medical condition so it affects me none. for those of you who want to smuggle feel free to smuggle. worst case they confiscate it and you are out. for those of you that feel it is wrong then don't smuggle simple as that.

i think this is funny how everyone gets so up tight about this topic. unfortunately I can't drink due to a medical condition so it affects me none. for those of you who want to smuggle feel free to smuggle. worst case they confiscate it and you are out. for those of you that feel it is wrong then don't smuggle simple as that.

Amen to that!

BINGO, well said! ...and for those who insist on foisting their values where they dont' belong, go out and get a parking ticket or something!

In under 2 weeks I'm going to be naughty by smuggle as much alcohol as I can. Is there any good new stories about people getting caught and having to go to the naughty room?

Just off Radiance 10 night Mex. Riv. - We knew the no alcohol rule (in fact had 3 bottles of wine sent to our stateroom before boarding) but were in port the night before getting on the ship. We had a bottle of wine that we had not opened and was not going to leave it in the hotel room & decided to take a chance that it would not be sent to the "naughty room"! Well, it was delivered to our stateroom & we thought that everything was okay until I opened our luggage & it had a note stating that they had found the bottle of wine & it was just removed. Didn't get it back & didn't have to go to the "naughty room"!;)

• 2 months later...

No, but I also don't go to the bars or restaurants that are overpriced. At least where I live I have a choice of many different establishments to choose from. On the ship it is all the same. So I cannot walk down the street to a cheaper bar. If the drink prices were reasonable it would be one thing. But they are so heavily overpriced for most of us. I guess if you live in New York or LA it seems fine to pay $10 a drink. But around where I live for a drink the size they serve on the ship is $2.5 -3 bucks. So on the ship I am paying 2 or 3 time normal rate. Plus a mandatory 15% tip. I'll take my chance on losing $15 worth of alcohol. Last cruise I didn't even put it in my checked bag, I had a liter of rum in my carry on and walk right on with it. A rum and soda were around $7.50 each. So 3 drinks and your out $20+ already. So if you and the wife each have just 2 drinks a day you are looking at close to $280 for a 7 day cruise, for 28 drinks. Some of us value money more than others.

Denied boarding. Geez. I'm sure RCCL wants to argue with credit card companies over people doing charge backs after being denied boarding!!!!! I'm thinking of bringing three handles of vodka and 3 cases of beer! I'm not going to the naughty room. If people were being denied boarding then the famous naughty room wouldn't exist stocked with booze. Don't be fooled people and don't be scared.

Out of interest, how are you going to try and 'smuggle' 3 cases of beer? I mean, it is not exactly small or subtle!

Out of interest, how are you going to try and 'smuggle' 3 cases of beer? I mean, it is not exactly small or subtle!

Doubt you will get an answer as this thread and that post are months old....but who knows...ya might! :p

No, but I also don't go to the bars or restaurants that are overpriced. At least where I live I have a choice of many different establishments to choose from. On the ship it is all the same. So I cannot walk down the street to a cheaper bar. If the drink prices were reasonable it would be one thing. But they are so heavily overpriced for most of us. I guess if you live in New York or LA it seems fine to pay $10 a drink. But around where I live for a drink the size they serve on the ship is $2.5 -3 bucks. So on the ship I am paying 2 or 3 time normal rate. Plus a mandatory 15% tip. I'll take my chance on losing $15 worth of alcohol. Last cruise I didn't even put it in my checked bag, I had a liter of rum in my carry on and walk right on with it. A rum and soda were around $7.50 each. So 3 drinks and your out $20+ already. So if you and the wife each have just 2 drinks a day you are looking at close to $280 for a 7 day cruise, for 28 drinks. Some of us value money more than others.

Maybe you can't afford to cruise after all or need to give up drinking! :p

You may pay 2 or 3 bucks for a drink in Wisconsin but when you are drinking it you are STILL sitting on some local dive bar in Wisconsin, not on a cruise ship headed towards wherever so its hardly a valid comparison.

Edited...just a note I smuggle booze for my cabin use as well BUT my bar tab is still 7 or 8 bills for a 7 day cruise and I don't mind paying $9 for a nice drink in a nice lounge on the ship.

Archived