Anybody ready to get naughty?

laxlove6

would be careful... I hear they are getting harder on those bringing in alcohol... It states in our agreement with RCI that we understand that

alcohol cannt be brought on board...

not trying to judge anyone... but why would anyone want to attempt to break the rules when you know them ahead of time?

what will happen is that RCI will start to govern harder and harder and it will affect those of us that cruise more often...

don t mean to judge....

:confused:

We were worried for friends of ours who were going on their first cruise with us and they said they were bringing booze. I explained to them when they asked me, that if found , it would be taken away from them. My concern, they were the type who would argue the point, so I warned them, they could be denied boarding. I was visualizing my DH & I leving for Hawaii and seeing them standing on the docks.

Denied boarding. Geez. I'm sure RCCL wants to argue with credit card companies over people doing charge backs after being denied boarding!!!!! I'm thinking of bringing three handles of vodka and 3 cases of beer! I'm not going to the naughty room. If people were being denied boarding then the famous naughty room wouldn't exist stocked with booze. Don't be fooled people and don't be scared.

Denied boarding. Geez. I'm sure RCCL wants to argue with credit card companies over people doing charge backs after being denied boarding!!!!! I'm thinking of bringing three handles of vodka and 3 cases of beer! I'm not going to the naughty room. If people were being denied boarding then the famous naughty room wouldn't exist stocked with booze. Don't be fooled people and don't be scared.

Thank goodness winter break is almost over, and all of the kids will be back in school soon, unable to post on Cruise Critic!

we were only cought once, it was last march on the Indy and they opened my suitcase and removed everything and left an orange card in my suitcase. Nope I was never called to the naughty room and they opened my suitcase out of my presence.Then they had it delivered to my room.

Thank goodness winter break is almost over, and all of the kids will be back in school soon, unable to post on Cruise Critic!

Yeah, and Spring Break is just around the corner. :rolleyes:

not trying to judge anyone... but why would anyone want to attempt to break the rules when you know them ahead of time?

I don't understand why some of you insist on breaking the rules, either. :(

If you sign a contract that says alcohol is prohibited and you understand you could be denied boarding for bringing it on, no credit card company will reimburse you if you are denied boarding.

WE got sent to the "naughty room" in November on the Mariner. We did NOT bring any booze on board..however..I have my small little fan that I HAVE to have in able to sleep! It's very small. They didn't want me to bring it on board!

A friend of mine went with us to the Naughty room to see what it was all about. He told the guys..."Is that to say we can't bring blow dryers..curling irons..etc?"

Anyway..to make a long story short..they ended up letting us bring in on.

So..they do check bags with x-ray..We had to open the bag ourselves once in the "naughty room"

so RCCL is going through people's bags without their permission? thats a sure way to turn people off RCCL

Yes, they absolutely do go through bags. I would of much rather been called to the naughty room though.I know I was wrong but I still felt so violated because I have never heard of them searching bags without the presence of the bag owner.But it hasn't stoped us from cruising with them because I really enjoy RCI. So we will be back on in a few weeks. see how that goes!

YEARS and YEARS ago when we went on Sovereign of the Seas we hid a couple of beers in our luggage (this is when we were much younger and we thought it would be cool) We never got caught bringing the beer in the luggage BUT... a few of the beers busted some how and our clothes got soaked and smelt like beer :( We learned our lesson and WILL NOT be sneaking any alcohol on board ;)

In under 2 weeks I'm going to be naughty by smuggle as much alcohol as I can. Is there any good new stories about people getting caught and having to go to the naughty room?

Just off the Monarch last week and didn't have any problem with bringing an eighteen pack of Bud in my checked luggage. Unfortunately my wife was caught for the first time with an iron in her checked suitcase. Went to the "naughty room" - which isn't actually a room, just a little security area - to retrieve her suitcase. Didn't see any alcohol there, but there were several irons there.

Also, I don't see how RCI can deny boarding because of bringing alcohol - you are already on the ship sailing by the time they check your luggage. I'm sure they wouldn't dump you off at the next port.

FYI - I also bought plenty of drinks onboard.

Laxlove6 is making an attempt to earn the label troll...

I'll bite...you give the same permission to inspect luggage to a cruise line that you give to an airline...

You sign the contract, so if you drag your 3 cases of beer and it gets caught (love to see how shaken up it will be by the time it gets onboard, if it gets onboard), you suffer the consequences.

You think your CC billing has not cleared 75 days before your cruise and you think you can protest the charge for the cruise?

I think you're right!

RCI wouldn't have to deny boarding to many smugglers before word got out and the practice stopped. Problem solved...

IMHO, if I want to have a few cocktails in my cabin while getting ready to go spend my money at the bars etc on board I should be able to do so. Not trying to be nasty at all, we should be able to have a bottle of liquor in the cabin. :D

Just curious. Do the same folks who bring their own liquor on board, bring their own liquor to land based bars and restaurants?

I've never stayed at a land based bar or restaurant for 6 days & 7 nights???

I probably would if I had to. :D

so RCCL is going through people's bags without their permission? thats a sure way to turn people off RCCL

They don't go through your bag without you being there in person. The bags are xray'd and if a bag looks suspicious, they will mark it and request the owner come down.

IMHO, if I want to have a few cocktails in my cabin while getting ready to go spend my money at the bars etc on board I should be able to do so. Not trying to be nasty at all, we should be able to have a bottle of liquor in the cabin. :D

Exactly how I feel.

Just curious. Do the same folks who bring their own liquor on board, bring their own liquor to land based bars and restaurants?

Well, I have stayed in hotels that have lounges & restaurants but I didn't think it was in poor taste to bring alcohol to my room.

I think RCCI could relax their policy a bit to allow a very modest amount of alcohol in baggage. Not enough for a party, but enough not to make rule breakers out of otherwise honest folks.

Well, I have stayed in hotels that have lounges & restaurants but I didn't think it was in poor taste to bring alcohol to my room.

I think RCCI could relax their policy a bit to allow a very modest amount of alcohol in baggage. Not enough for a party, but enough not to make rule breakers out of otherwise honest folks.

I couldn't agree more. Carnival's very reasonable policy doesn't seem to be hurting their bottom line... and I don't hear of alot of people complaining about that policy either. The people who try to sneak on WAY more than is allowed and get caught just say 'oh well', and the rest of us can carry on a bottle of wine if we want and not feel like criminals.

RCCL's policy was probably thought up by accountants and is doing them more harm than good in my opinion.

Absolutely not………I do however bring alcohol to my room at hotels and resorts!:D

Archived