Ruby or Brilliance?

islandmandan

Ruby Princess or RCL's Brilliance of the Seas?

I know this is an all Princess site but I wanted to know if there was a difference between the two or if one was better than the other. Has anyone been on both or has heard of any differences. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks:)

I have cruised on Brilliance's sister ship Jewel of the Seas, and she's a beautiful ship. I haven't cruised on Ruby, but she is larger than Brilliance (113,000 tons vs. 90,090 tons).

Which ship has the better itinerary? My personal preference would be to choose the itinerary first. If both are equally desirable, I would choose the less expensive ship. If the price is comparable, I'd choose the smaller ship!

You can read the reviews here:

Brilliance of the Seas: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=261

Ruby Princess: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=443

Having been on both, I would say ship wise I much prefer the Brilliance. Very open with lots of glass, and the layout is one I prefer. Also, in terms of cabins, if you were going for a balcony, Brilliances D1 balcony would be almost equivalent to a minisuite on Princess, minus the bathtub. But I usually go by itinerary, so that should be a big factor in your selection.

We've been on the Brilliance and on the Crown (a sister to the Ruby). We really enjoyed both ships. The atrium area on the Brilliance is truly lovely, and the elevators open to the sea are spectacular!

If it is a warm weather cruise that you are contemplating, however, I'd give the edge to the Ruby, just because of the numerous pools that are available. Spaces everyone out much better on sea days!

But all things considered we did enjoy both very much. We've been pretty faithful to Princess as we've never had a bad cruise on them, but we'd definitely go on RCCL again if the itinerary/price was right.

Archived