A question for Walt

cruiselover53

If seems to me that occasionally some very good ideas emanate from this board.I often wonder if you ever get any feedback from the cruise lines that they pay any attention to our views.Particularly in our case P&O and to a lesser extent RCCL.Would be interested to hear your answer.

Hope you don’t mind me committing on this,

but to what I understand I don’t think P&O Australia cares much for Cruise Critic, I think RCCL & HAL pay some attention to CC (or it could be the other way around),

but reason why I say that is because a while back a group of Cruise Critic members wanted to do a official CC Meet & Great on P&O Australia ships & they could not do it for one reason or another & those members have now set-up their own cruise forum & have meet & greats all the time.

My 5 cents :)

Hope you don’t mind me committing on this,

but to what I understand I don’t think P&O Australia cares much for Cruise Critic, I think RCCL & HAL pay some attention to CC (or it could be the other way around),

but reason why I say that is because a while back a group of Cruise Critic members wanted to do a official CC Meet & Great on P&O Australia ships & they could not do it for one reason or another & those members have now set-up their own cruise forum & have meet & greats all the time.

My 5 cents :)

I think you would be quite surprised just how much notice cruiselines do take with the postings on here....for them it's one of the best forms of feedback....

As for P.O Australia meet and greets i have been to two that were organized by our rollcall... not as fancy as RCCL but great, one of the problems we have locally is the rollcalls are very small so you can hardly expect P.O to go all out and organize an official event....our recent Diamond Princess cruise had a fantastic meet and greet for our enormous rollcall it was organized by CC members and the ship did come to the party so's to speak.....on our second CC meetup they even organized tea and coffee and CREW....yay.......well done Princess.I was of the opinion the others left because they felt they were subjected to too much redtape here as far as what they could post....but now they have a secret place for financial members ...so much for freedom of speech.......shiona

First off, none of us will ever know if the cruise lines read these boards or not.

However I for one would be very surprised if,

someone, in the office , somewhere, does not scan the postings

just to make sure that nothing scandalous

or libelous has been posted.

They may even employ an agency

to scan the internet,

and report anything of interest.

I am sure if anything untoward was posted ,

CC themselves would delete anything very quickly.

Sometimes on the other boards, HAL, Princess, you see threads along the lines of "cruise line" please read this or take note.

Staff on board certainly read CC.

A live from thread on last years world cruise, resulted in one poster

being recognised by the Captain and staff on board.

So upshot of this?

If you have any ideas that will improve the quality of cruising

and the service we get down here...

keep posting.

You never know who may read it.

First off, none of us will ever know if the cruise lines read these boards or not.

However I for one would be very surprised if,

someone, in the office , somewhere, does not scan the postings

just to make sure that nothing scandalous

or libelous has been posted.

They may even employ an agency

to scan the internet,

and report anything of interest.

I am sure if anything untoward was posted ,

CC themselves would delete anything very quickly.

Sometimes on the other boards, HAL, Princess, you see threads along the lines of "cruise line" please read this or take note.

Staff on board certainly read CC.

A live from thread on last years world cruise, resulted in one poster

being recognised by the Captain and staff on board.

So upshot of this?

If you have any ideas that will improve the quality of cruising

and the service we get down here...

keep posting.

You never know who may read it.

Right on David...The Passenger Services Director of Crown Princess last June/July, checked these boards regularly. He came to our CC M&G on board, he knew some of our board names too ! I would say so do many others. The cruise lines would be fools if they did not monitor CC.

This is a very good question...it would be very short sighted of the cruiselines to ignore the vast amount of feedback generated by this site.

They get for free what many companies pay huge amounts of money to find out. "Just what our customers are thinking about our service or product?" is really what a lot of posts are about...as well as passing on good information of course which only enhances peoples cruise experience and thereby encourages them to cruise more often.

As for the Meet and Greets...yes we did have a good couple on the Diamond...we had even better ones on the Cherry Blossom last year and got free bridge and gallery tours as well! I think our group on the Diamond was just too big for them to organise any free tours. Other cruise lines actually provide free drinks and nibbles..:)

I am not interested in the Captains Cocktail Party (watery cocktails and only canapes if you can trip up the waiter) and all that talk of passengers who are on their 120th trip with Princess just makes me jealous!

What does impress me is staff turning up to meet us at the M & G and fly the company flag to what is usually the most loyal and frequently travelled group on board. Our custom is worth keeping that is what good P R is all about.

So I would be really interested to know just what the cruise lines think about this site and our comments and does it influence them in any way?:confused:

This is a very good question...it would be very short sighted of the cruiselines to ignore the vast amount of feedback generated by this site.

So I would be really interested to know just what the cruise lines think about this site and our comments and does it influence them in any way?:confused:

I think you are right on.

However, have you noticed that many of the complaints come from first time posters who come on here to "use" the site.

I think the cruise lines can sift through the reports and they do take note of genuine posters.

Although we make up only a very small percentage of each cruise, our enthusiasm should hold as much importance as the feedback forms we complete at the end of the cruise carry....well I'd like to think so anyway. I'm here every day and there are lots of us who spend too much time here ;)

Anna

I think you are right on.

However, have you noticed that many of the complaints come from first time posters who come on here to "use" the site.

I think the cruise lines can sift through the reports and they do take note of genuine posters.

I would ban first time posters who posted comments I don't agree with. What a awful bunch of people they are, it gets me out of my comfort zone as I only want to post nice comments about my favorite cruise line. How will I ever get to the 5,000 post club if posts don't stay lovey dovey on CC?

I agree Down-Under. There are enough big troubles in the world today without making a big deal of the little ones. All those poor people in Haiti, for instance. I can't imagine how they must be feeling.

I almost feel guilty going on a cruise. :cool:

I would ban first time posters who posted comments I don't agree with. What a awful bunch of people they are, it gets me out of my comfort zone as I only want to post nice comments about my favorite cruise line. How will I ever get to the 5,000 post club if posts don't stay lovey dovey on CC?

As usual you dont get it ...

Do Ya:eek:

As a suggestion, what about changing the name of this section to `Cruising Australia` May make it a bit clearer, for new members...when i first joined our first cruise was with Princess, so i only checked the Princess section...i mean i soon figured out, there was so much more on the P&O section than just P&O...just a suggestion....:)

PS OMG 2 weeks to go for me:D:D:D

Don’t feed the troll ;)

I realise that Stu..

but that last glass of Chardonay

got me going.

As a suggestion, what about changing the name of this section to `Cruising Australia` May make it a bit clearer, for new members...when i first joined our first cruise was with Princess, so i only checked the Princess section...i mean i soon figured out, there was so much more on the P&O section than just P&O...just a suggestion....:)

I have also been thinking along the same lines...

Are you organised for Auckland on your cruise...

drop me a line at

bardav at xtra dot co dot nz

Hi guys

I agree, especially with Princess, Rhapsody and hopefully others into future sailing from Australia.

The title P&O is confusing. Just the other day I directed someone enquiring about Sun princess Treasures of Asia across to this forum from the Princess one - he had asked a question and got no response. We are more familiar and obviously passionate about our region.

Cazz0069, I can imagine your excitement - we are on Sun Princess, similar itinery on 5 Feb ...

Jane

I realise that Stu..

got me going.

Haha! I just had a glass of red.....I hope I can control myself. ;) Trouble is my sense of humour goes a bit weird, but at least I have one - sense of humour, that is. :D

Cheers!!!

Oooooops, I posted under my rellie's name. (Hope I'm not in trouble when he sees it. :( ) He used it on my computer when he was visiting and I clicked on the wrong one. (Must be the red!!! :D Already!)

Here's the right post:

I realise that Stu..

got me going.

Haha! I just had a glass of red.....I hope I can control myself. ;) Trouble is my sense of humour goes a bit weird, but at least I have one - sense of humour, that is. :D

Cheers!!!

Hi guys

I agree, especially with Princess, Rhapsody and hopefully others into future sailing from Australia.

The title P&O is confusing. Just the other day I directed someone enquiring about Sun princess Treasures of Asia across to this forum from the Princess one - he had asked a question and got no response. We are more familiar and obviously passionate about our region.

Cazz0069, I can imagine your excitement - we are on Sun Princess, similar itinery on 5 Feb ...

Jane

Awesome Jane! I am sure we will be ships that pass in the night, literally! as ours is the only one that goes in the opposite direction to the usual, after leaving Melbourne we go to Auckland first. Have a great trip! :)

Do cruise lines read this forum?

I have no direct knowledge one way or the other. But I agree with those who say that it would be foolish of any business not to be reading the unedited public opinions of its customers, past, present and future. I am aware that, here in the USA, many (most?) media travel writers are avid readers of Cruise Critic, especially given the number of direct quotes and of inquiries for understanding the "vox populi."

What happened to the discussion of the name of this Forum?

I made the proposal after getting a lot of feedback on this forum a year or two ago. The response was that the concept made sense but the nature of the Cruise critic boards lent itself to the current structure and a change would be difficult to accomodate effectively.

"Cruising Australia," or more appropriate to the members of this forum, "Cruising Australia/New Zealand" or "Cruising the South Pacific" would not necessarily be communicating that the P&O Australia forum is part of that category. Further, the category would necessarily cause CC members looking for discussion on, say, a Celebrity or HAL cruise that includes Australia and/or New Zealand to be a bit confused.

But the subject may be worth raising again. What I'd like to see is a "syncronization" capability, where a discussion of, say, a HAL cruise, or of the building of a new cruise port in Brisbane, etc. that are not P&O subjects but are of specific interest to Aussies could be posted in two forums simultaneously and the discussion also posted in both forums.

I'm not aware of whether the synchronization is possible but I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks Walt for the feedback..I too would welcome a name change.

I am an unashamed Princess fan but like it over here with my aussie and kiwi mates...the Princess board does not quite "fit" either with discussions on travel in our region or the cultural issues which drive me nuts.:mad:As for the poster who wants negative posting banned...come on.. free speech and all that. You are entitled to your point of view...nothing good would ever come out of reviews that were purely hype and not indicative of that persons cruise experience. All business' seek feed back both positive and negative...negative feedback indicates areas for improvement. However I would say enjoy them all and take comments with a grain of salt. Often it depends on your expectations and previous cruise experience.:)

I realise that Stu..

got me going.

I have also been thinking along the same lines...

Are you organised for Auckland on your cruise...

drop me a line at

bardav at xtra dot co dot nz

Hey David, Yes, we are all good for Auckland, thankyou...we have a long lost friend who we have not seen in over 10 years picking us up and taking around for the day....:)

Hey David, Yes, we are all good for Auckland, thankyou...we have a long lost friend who we have not seen in over 10 years picking us up and taking around for the day....:)

Thats great to hear...

Good news...

I have requested perfect weather for you on that day...

Bad news...

My requests are not always delivered.

Thats great to hear...

Good news...

I have requested perfect weather for you on that day...

Bad news...

My requests are not always delivered.

Hahaha too funny. Well there is a 50/50 chance that we will get good weather and i like those odds..

Archived