CC to RevNeal...do you copy?

AKBeagleMom

Just wondering if anyone has heard from the Zaandam? I'm wondering how the cruise to Hawaii is going after the rough start out of San Diego on 01/21/10. The sea conditions sounded horrible...hope things improved and everyone is having a great time!

RevNeal posted this over on his Bon Voyage about midnight. I hope he posts again, as so many of us are anxious about his sailing.

GREETINGS FROM THE ZAANDAM!

Yes, indeed, it's been a rough ride!

Very High Seas with 27-35 foot waves and gale-force winds generating a huge swell ... all day yesterday and diminishing today. UGH! Mother has been sick for most of it, though we managed formal night dinner tonight without any trouble. The ship has been mostly deserted as people have been hold-up in their cabins. The nice thing is that bingo has been lightly attended. The bad thing is that, even with only a dozen players, I STILL DIDN'T WIN!!!!

Oh, well ... next two days look calmer.

Ruth ... you should have come. You would have enjoyed the slamming yesterday. WHAM WHAM WHAM like clockwork for 36 hours. You could set your watch by it.

We've had e-mails from aboard and it is a VERY rocky ride. It has been miserable weather.

Apparently the motion is both ways........ bow to stern and side to side. They were right in the center of the huge storm.

I am so sorry they are having these rough seas. I'm hoping we are done with those storms by March or I will be taking to my bed then. We have done that crossing three times and the Atlantic twice, but I don't think we had anything that severe although they did have the white bags out.

We had similar conditions last year on the Zaandam Hawaii Middle to end of March. I felt badly for those who were sick but we like the excitement once in a while when cruising. It does remind you that you are on a ship and how poweful the ocean can be:D

Archived