Any Recent Alcohol Smugglers Out There!

scg6281

Hi Salty,

I had two bags tagged, and found the green card taped to our stateroom door when we got back from the buffet. One bag was my g/f's makeup case that had a bottle of mouthwash in it. (I will not mention if it was mouthwash or my vodka of choice.) The security officer opened the bag, pulled out the mouthwash and looked at me. I said "Maybe she packed some scissors or something in here and that's why they pulled it out." He continued to look at the mouthwash bottle, and when I offered no other reply, placed it back in the bag. The other suitcase contained 3 canned goods that I had brought for Paradise Beach Tom. He picked them up, looked at them, then looked at me and I explained their purpose. He put them back, and said "Sorry for the inconvenience." So, I leave it up to you: Did I put blue food coloring in a vodka of choice and successfully smuggle it onboard? Or did my girlfriend's mouthwash raise unnecessary suspicions. :)

For all naysayers- the principle of this WHOLE thing is not to get away with anything- HELLO- we all paid very good money to go on this trip.
I think you missed what people are really saying. No one wants to take away your booze that was paid for with your hard earned money. The point is that if NCL catches it and you get it taken away, that's the breaks. It happens because that's their policy. If you get away with it, drink up. Great for you.

All I know is that my very first Apple Martini cost $9.75. :eek: Had I known that before I left I would have found some old plastic bottles and took my chances of taking a bit of booze in my carry on. Especially since my one carry on already had at least 15 plastic bottles of shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, hair gel, hand cream. You name it, we had it and it past through the scanner without a hitch. Plastic does not show up on the scanner I guess. While the drink prices were probably the norm...I think they are still outrageous. $5.75 for a small glass of house wine is a lot more then I pay in good restaurant here at home. :rolleyes:

Wow, I can offer no rational explanation why my bag with 4 12 oz cans of tomato juice, 2 gallon jugs of water, and 18 half-liter bottles of diet coke was ignored while someone else's mouthwash bottle was scrutinized. Makes no sense to me.

We had no special tags, only the "generic" tags given out by the NCL rep for those with no luggage tags. Maybe it is just random. Who knows?

I am not a drinker but when I went thru the scanner with my carry on bag, they had me open the bag and show them that my water bottles had not be opened.. I had to show them all my water bottles.. I had no idea why til I began to read the threads on alcohol smuggling..lol

So,, had I been smuggling, I would have gotten ripped off..LOL I thought they were checking for liquid nitro or something..

You must have been that passenger I saw at disembarking that had all that luggage that we were snickering over! :)

All I know is that my very first Apple Martini cost $9.75. :eek: Had I known that before I left I would have found some old plastic bottles and took my chances of taking a bit of booze in my carry on. Especially since my one carry on already had at least 15 plastic bottles of shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, hair gel, hand cream. You name it, we had it and it past through the scanner without a hitch. Plastic does not show up on the scanner I guess. While the drink prices were probably the norm...I think they are still outrageous. $5.75 for a small glass of house wine is a lot more then I pay in good restaurant here at home. :rolleyes:

Archived