Any Recent Alcohol Smugglers Out There!

scg6281

No Pirates Please

Do you know for a fact that the Human Cannonball is a she?

jimmm,

Thanks a lot. Now those of us who just want fresh breath will be hounded by the NCL booze cops!:eek: :D

Yes, I do. From the circus's program: For the last two or three years, the Human Cannonball has been Zarina Sinovat "The Ukrainian Femme Phenom!" and "Witness the most diminutive of daredevils ever on earth in her streaking and sensational suborbital Circus Cannon Shot!"

Sub-orbital is right! More like Sub, sub,sub,sub,sub,sub,sub-orbital! When I think of "Sub-orbital" I think of Alan Shephard. Still, she's gotta be nutz to do it. Used to be guy who did it--equally insane!

If you can't afford it,DON't GO....

Well, that's not very nice! :mad:

As noted before in other posts, some people work and work to save money just to be able to go on a cruise. It might be a once in a lifetime vacation. Cutting corners here and there is necessary to be able to enjoy things that some of us might take for granted.

The reason I smuggle liquor is not because I can't afford to buy it, but because I just want to be able to have a cocktail on my balcony without having to go down to the bar to get it. I still have quite a high bar bill by the end of the cruise! This time we are getting bar set-ups...but at $40 a bottle for something they probably get for $5 is price gouging if you ask me.

Play nice!

A bar set-up is a bottle of your choice (most middle shelf liquors) for $40 + $3.00 set-up charge. They also have top shelf for $55 a bottle. You must order them at least 2 weeks before you sail. And, for good measure, keep checking on it to make sure they have your set-up reservations, because I've heard of some people ordering them and NCL having no record.

We're ordering a bottle of Barcardi and Absolut for our cruise! Going to try to smuggle on a bottle of Tequila (plastic of course, with a plastic cap :D )

• 2 weeks later...

I filled a Camel Back full with Vodka. I was determined to get it past security. It became a challenge. No problem. I wore it as I boarded with no problems.

I then used a bunch of empty water bottles to store the Vodka in my room.

Success was mine!!!!!!!

My stupid but what is a camel back?

I think I need to get one.:)

Go to any camping/hiking/outdoor store and you'll find CamelBacks--or their competitors.

'Course, after you use it for booze it will always taste like booze. But if you used it for vodka, it won't taste and will be nice'n'sterile!

We were on the Star New Year's Eve, and I wanted to bring champagne. I put 2 bottles in my luggage and of course they were tagged. But I had also put some nonalcoholic beer in the top of the luggage. So when I was asked to open my luggage (at 9PM in a room behind the Reception counter with about 6 Security guards, you would have thought I was smuggling a gun)

I showed them the non alcoholic beer and they apologized and delivered the luggage to my cabin. We had friends that also had champagne in their luggage and had no problem. It must be a random search. But I will have to say the Star was very generous with free Champagne on New Year's Eve. All you could drink!

There was one person in our group that had a bottle in there checked luggage and it made it past security. When returning from ports, we had a bottle in our backpack and nothing at all was said. We figured that the worst that could happen is they hold the bottle until the end of the cruise and we'd use it for our duty free. There really is nothing to lose by trying!

Hi guys. This topic has been covered extensively on this board recently and there are strong differences in opinion on both sides. This is a valid topic for this board and everyone should feel comfortable posting how they feel. Let's not reduce this to a fight of why you would or wouldn't bring your own booze. And let's not call each other names because of what we choose. To each his own. Thanks.

Gee. . . Cecilia. . .just a couple of months ago, you were all preachy about sneaking booze on board. Glad you are taking a a lighter attitude. Yes, there are more important things for NCL to worry about. . .

Gee. . . Cecilia. . .just a couple of months ago, you were all preachy about sneaking booze on board. Glad you are taking a a lighter attitude. Yes, there are more important things for NCL to worry about. . .
I beg to differ...I was never preachy. I gave my opinion; as did others. You might have disagreed with it but I can still feel the way I feel. I don't care who smuggles alcohol. I only feel that if you get caught, you knew that was a chance and you shouldn't be upset if you do get caught.

My post that you quote was an attempt to keep the topic civil. Our members are great and they've been able to make this a good discussion no matter how I or anyone else feels about the practice of sneaking booze. If you smuggle booze...great. Good for you. I hope they don't catch you. If you want drinks in the room before dinner, you should be able to make it.

If you are bringing alcohol from home- good luck. They check everything before it gets on board. You are best off putting it in your large checked bags that the porters put in your room.

If you buy it in port, and want to consume in in your room, the trick is to get off the ship first thing in the morning, and GO BUY ALCOHOL. Then get right back on the ship with it ASAP. The cruise line doesn't star setting up the service to take it away from you till a few hours before it it time to leave port. They are too preoccupied with getting ppl off the ship to worry about you bringing on alcohol. This has been my past experience with RCCL.

For all naysayers- the principle of this WHOLE thing is not to get away with anything- HELLO- we all paid very good money to go on this trip. NCL makes great money off of each passenger. We are all adults. Why are we surrendering our right to consume something we purchased with our own money? We will by the drinks on the ship. But if we want to sit in our rooms with a bottle of tequila and do shots- why should anyone prevent it? It isn't like we have to drive anywhere!!! Many people work very hard and are typically responsible- whats wrong with a bit of fun?

Anyhow- have fun- the worst thing they do is take it away and give it back at the end of the trip. It's no big deal!

On the Majesty recently, I used a variety of methods... all proved to be excessive since I do not think they checked for alcohol except at the x-ray at embarkation.

I had miniatures stuffed in my socks in checked bags, and a carefully concealed 375 ml bottle inside a Scrabble game.. shake the box and you won't hear the bottle, only game pieces rattling.

I had two 375 ml bottles in my socks... the baggy windsuit pants showed no trace of them. Of course the bottles were 100% plastic.

I also had two different boxes of wine gift-wrapped in different luggage. Finally, I had a test bag, loaded with as much soda, water, and cans as I could lift (seriously, that bag was HEAVY!) -- It was not tagged as a suspect.

They were catching bottles in carry-ons at embarkation, and I would strongly advise against that. Put them in the checked luggage, on keep them on your person. Also, it is quite easy to get it on at the ports, so don't worry if they do catch it, you will get another chance to smuggle!!

Archived