Spa Cabins on Splendor

DUCHESSRN

I would love to book a Spa Cabin , does anyone have any input .

The cruise I am looking at the Spa Cabin is about $80 PP more than regular cabin Oceanview. I think I would probably buy the week pass if I do not have Spa Cabin but do not know how much it costs .

I appreciate all responses.

I would love to book a Spa Cabin , does anyone have any input .

The cruise I am looking at the Spa Cabin is about $80 PP more than regular cabin Oceanview. I think I would probably buy the week pass if I do not have Spa Cabin but do not know how much it costs .

I appreciate all responses.

We had a spa suite cabin on the Splendor this past August. We loved the cabin. The area is significantly quieter than the rest of the ship. We also loved using the spa.

We paid the $249.99 for the 7-day spa pass. We used it 5 days out of the 7. The most used facility was the hot tub (supposedly mineral water but it's actually sea salt water). The tiled stoned "heated" chairs and beds were uncomfortable, and you had to check each bed to see which one was actually heated. The steam room was suppose to have a different fragrance each day, but that was not what we experienced. The first 2 days had a lemon grass fragrance, and after that no fragrance like lavender, etc. We went on the 5th and 6th day, and it smelledl very musty. IOHO, we would not pay extra to be in a spa room or even pay extra again to partake of the spa facilities. Over-hyped!

SO, did you book it yet?....

I had the spa suite ont he Splendor in September and the extra cost was well worth it, The thalasso pool and thermal suite was amazing!! I loved it. There is nothing like a nice long soak in the thalasso pool after a long day on ashore!!!!!! I can safely say that my knees did NOT give me any problems at all because I was so kind and soaked everyday in the thalassopool!!!

SO, did you book it yet?....

I had the spa suite ont he Splendor in September and the extra cost was well worth it, The thalasso pool and thermal suite was amazing!! I loved it. There is nothing like a nice long soak in the thalasso pool after a long day on ashore!!!!!! I can safely say that my knees did NOT give me any problems at all because I was so kind and soaked everyday in the thalassopool!!!

This is exactly what we are thinking about the spa balcony stateroom on the Carnival Magic. We'd like to do its transatlantic (waiting for itinerary / fare to be posted) on the smoke-free spa deck. I know the weather will be cooler than we'd like so having access to the thalosso pool will be perfect.

We stayed in 1106 on the Splendor and the best thing about it was that the gym was just steps away. It was also very quiet. The spa itself is over rated IMHO, but it was nice to be able to roll out of bed and hit the gym.

We booked today ,did not an Ocean View Spa despite being available as 2 twin beds are the only option.

Our friends booked the Balcony Spa and we are in the Inside Cabin Spa opposite . I decided as the Spa has so much glass and ocean view I will put the extra $$$$$$ towards my B2B on Miracle January 2011.

Repositioning I hope on Miracle October 2011 may do Spa agin if we like it.

Yes we love cruising ,but we do try to eat fairly well and hit gym most days.

DutchessRN, Thanks for the clarification on the "Spa Cabin/Deck" thing. That looks like it would be a great spot especially if you use the fitness and spa. I'll give this some consideration with future cruises. Love the steam rooms!!! We've done Carnival and other lines too and have pretty much enjoyed them all. Happy crusin' everybody. ;)

Archived