Allure inaugral is now 5th dec>>>

RJL58

So if most people can change their vacation plans, does this mean we shouldn't care about those that can't?

Sorry, but I see nothing wrong about showing a bit of sympathy to those people who are affected by this. Changing airfare, hotel reservations and vacation time at work can be a hassle. Just because you wouldn't be upset by this, doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to their feelings.

Oh for crying out loud, you are making assumptions and reading way too much into my question. I never said I did not sympathize with those who truly cannot change their plans. I simply wondered whether it was really a problem for most people to change plans 10 months ahead of time.

I have a wedding the week of DEC 5 so I will have to miss my first and last chance at an RCL inaugural sailing. So it's not just changing air or hotels or vacation time from work, there are as many reasons people can't change dates as there are people.

I still havent got my email about the change of date.

Disorganized + RCCL ...yip that goes together.:(

Liz, you (or your travel agent) may want to contact them asap. The email said those booked on 12/12 would have their same cabin held for them on the 12/5 sailing until 2/26 in case they wanted to switch and keep the same cabin. However, I just got an email from my travel agent and she said when she called them first thing this morning to switch our reservation, RCCL told her our cabin was NOT available on 12/5. No big deal to us, because she moved us to a same category cabin that is actually in a preferable location, and also told us the price dropped nearly $750--woo hoo! Anyway, if you are switching to 12/5 and selected a specific cabin and want THAT cabin, I would check with them sooner than later to try and get it on the 12/5 sailing.

Incidentally, my TA still hadn't heard anything "official" from RC about the change in date. She'd gotten the same C&A email I got, which was sent to her personal email account, but as a TA she still hasn't heard boo from them.

I, too, received the e-mail and I am not booked on the Allure either!! Maybe RCI wants my business again, huh???

Marilyn

No letter or e-mail but we did change the date of our cruise from the 12th to the 5th so now it is official. We will be with you all on the Inaugural of the Allure.

Irene & Miles

Waiting for the snow to hit the Detroit area on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Should be our big Storm of the year.

Liz, you (or your travel agent) may want to contact them asap. The email said those booked on 12/12 would have their same cabin held for them on the 12/5 sailing until 2/26 in case they wanted to switch and keep the same cabin. However, I just got an email from my travel agent and she said when she called them first thing this morning to switch our reservation, RCCL told her our cabin was NOT available on 12/5. No big deal to us, because she moved us to a same category cabin that is actually in a preferable location, and also told us the price dropped nearly $750--woo hoo! Anyway, if you are switching to 12/5 and selected a specific cabin and want THAT cabin, I would check with them sooner than later to try and get it on the 12/5 sailing.

Incidentally, my TA still hadn't heard anything "official" from RC about the change in date. She'd gotten the same C&A email I got, which was sent to her personal email account, but as a TA she still hasn't heard boo from them.

Hi Meg

RCCL were meant to give you the cabin you booked on 12/12 sailing for the new date....it says so in one of the emails I read either posted here or forwarded to me by others here.

In your case it worked for you to be changed to another cabin but that is not what RCCL said would happen....sounds like they made another error:rolleyes:

My TA sent in our details early this morning but is still waiting for the confirmations to come through.

Congrats on the price drop :D

See you on Dec 5th :D

I, too, received the e-mail and I am not booked on the Allure either!! Maybe RCI wants my business again, huh???

Marilyn

Hey Marilyn

It would be great if you did come along...and we could actually have some time to chat on this cruise....can't promise a Hummer Stretch Limo though this time.:D

Liz, surely if I remember correctly you book with a Stateside TA therefore your info should come from them, and they probably thought " No way are we calling the UK, let her find out about it on CC" If you are not registered as sailing with the UK office you cannot blame them for not calling you.:)

No phone call...no email...I guess they are still upset at me pointing out their error in C&A coupons :(

Liz, surely if I remember correctly you book with a Stateside TA therefore your info should come from them, and they probably thought " No way are we calling the UK, let her find out about it on CC" If you are not registered as sailing with the UK office you cannot blame them for not calling you.:)

Yes I do book with US TA but I am still a UK C&A Diamond member and as such I should have got the email just like everyone else in UK. But hey if they want to play games then thats fine by me...two can play that game :D

Got a phone call yesterday, and i said i wasn't happy and to just cancel the booking. I was put on hold then a different person spoke to me and i was very happy after than ;) seemed more than happy to keep our business......

That is good news as I would love to meet you on the Allure cruise.

Archived