Allure inaugral is now 5th dec>>>

RJL58

Liz where did you get the £100 pp figure from? the email says....

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean will hold exact staterooms on the 5 December 2010 sailing for guests currently booked on 12 December 2010 to move to 5 December 2010. We will keep these staterooms open for to these individuals until 26 February 2010.

Staterooms will be reserved at the lower of prevailing rate or rate paid. For guests choosing to remain on 12 December 2010, their booking will be adjusted to the new price if lower than their current booking by 26 February 2010.

No commission protection or compensation will be provided.

No additional compensation will be available for moving the date of the Allure of the Seas Inaugural sailing from 12 December 2010 to 5 December 2010.

Hi Meg

..............ummm weird how RCCL UK offering £100 per person which would work out around $160 per person :confused:

Although the letter does say "" We are writing to all our valued guests who had booked the original inaugural sailing on 12th Dec..........

Did it actually say "Inaugural" on your booking?

On RCCL website it never said "Inaugural" for 12/12/10 sailing.

Liz where did you get the £100 pp figure from?

It was Rich who was told by his TA who had been told by RCCL about the £100 per person. When I questioned RCCL UK about this yesterday they said no thats not correct and actually they didnt know what was what:confused:

I haven't recieved the official letter about the change of date but luckily someone did forward their copy on to me so I could read it.

What's up with all these inaugural cruise dates being moved up??? :eek:

Simple. The ships are going to be ready ahead of schedule. And if the ship is ready, the cruiseline isn't going to let it sit there idle for a week when it could be sailing and earning $$. I'm sure the shareholders appreciate that. :)

Liz where did you get the £100 pp figure from? the email says....

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean will hold exact staterooms on the 5 December 2010 sailing for guests currently booked on 12 December 2010 to move to 5 December 2010. We will keep these staterooms open for to these individuals until 26 February 2010.

Staterooms will be reserved at the lower of prevailing rate or rate paid. For guests choosing to remain on 12 December 2010, their booking will be adjusted to the new price if lower than their current booking by 26 February 2010.

No additional compensation will be available for moving the date of the Allure of the Seas Inaugural sailing from 12 December 2010 to 5 December 2010.

Its true on Fri afternoon RCL called my TA to tell her the date has changed and told her specifically that there will be a £100 pp "discount" off the cruise fare NOT OBC if change. We have the reps name who is also a supervisor I think. I will double check 2morrow after Liz`s comments with my TA, RCL will not talk to me no more over TA bookings even Cust service. Will post the answers I get.........:eek:

RICH................................:mad::confused:

p.s she also told her I had till WEDS 10th to decide if want to change......it doesnt say that in letter.......

Although the letter does say "" We are writing to all our valued guests who had booked the original inaugural sailing on 12th Dec..........

Can't wait until we get our notice to see whether our call or letter says Inaugural sailing. I sure hope it does, as that was what we all expected. Although I don't figure they will be making the Allure cuise as Diamond/Diamond+ special as the Oasis was but one can always hope can't one. I will never forget the feeling of being a very special and valued person by RCI staff and crew wearing the Diamond pin on my Critter Inaugural Laynard on the Oasis.

Liz, will our flag fly again on the Allure? Just wondering if it did go to the new ship as we were told it would. Love that flag and the great feelings we all had on that cruise for each other.

Take care....

Irene & Miles

Liz, will our flag fly again on the Allure? Just wondering if it did go to the new ship as we were told it would. Love that flag and the great feelings we all had on that cruise for each other.

Take care....

Irene & Miles

Hi Irene

Yes our flag will fly again..on Allure. The staff who are currently looking after it on Oasis are going to take it with them to Allure when they go and have it ready and waiting for us when we go on Dec 5th :D

I also have one which will fly on the Majesty before we go to Allure :D

Can't wait until we get our notice to see whether our call or letter says Inaugural sailing. I sure hope it does, as that was what we all expected.

Take care....

Irene & Miles

This the e-mail that is being sent by RCCL to U.S. guests:

February 5, 2010

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we wanted you to

be the first to know about some exciting news regarding our next ship,

Allure of the SeasSM. Royal Caribbean International® is pleased to announce a new date for the inaugural revenue sailing,

December 5, 2010.

If you are currently reserved on the December 12, 2010 sailing, we have good news for you. You will be contacted and given the option to switch your sailing date and keep your existing stateroom. If you prefer, you may also contact us at 1-888-281-9344 and speak with an agent regarding your existing reservation and learn how you may be reimbursed up to $100 for any air ticket change fees incurred.

If you haven't reserved yet, starting on Monday, February 8, 2010, you may visit RoyalCaribbean.com or contact your professional travel agent to reserve your stateroom on the official inaugural voyage.

We look forward to seeing you onboard and hope you can join us as we celebrate the inaugural season of our newest, most incredible ship,

Allure of the SeasSM.

Terms & Conditions

Any group bookings will be handled during regular desk hours 8 am to 8 pm, EST, Monday thru Friday.

Individual guest reservations will be handled during regular desk hours 8 am to 10 pm, EST, Monday thru Friday.

Royal Caribbean will hold exact staterooms on the December 5, 2010 sailing for guests currently booked on December 12, 2010 to move to December 5, 2010. We will keep these staterooms open for these individuals until February 26, 2010.

Staterooms will be reserved at the lower of prevailing rate or rate paid. For guests choosing to remain on December 12, 2010, their booking will be adjusted to the new price if lower than their current booking by February 26, 2010.

Air ticket change fees will be reimbursed up to $100 per person. Proper documentation will be required and approved before adjustments will be made.

No additional compensation will be available for moving the date of the Allure of the Seas Inaugural sailing from December 12, 2010 to December 5, 2010.

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096 USA

When I got that e-mail, my first thought was also that $100 would not cover air for barely anyone in the US. I'm not on this sailing, but I think $100 is about what the FEE is to change these days.

Did this also happen with Oasis? Is this simply a money thing on their part so they can get it going with a full load of paying passengers a week early? Even though it's 10 months away, I'd be kind of mad.

RCCL is not providing $100 to cover the airfare - they are giving it to cover the FEE for changing airfare for those passengers affected.

From the email I received:

If you prefer, you may also contact us at 1-888-281-9344 and speak with an agent regarding your existing reservation and learn how you may be reimbursed up to $100 for any air ticket change fees incurred.

I too would be upset if this happened to me. Not only is there airfare to deal with, there is also hotels and having to change vacation time at work. Not all hotel reservations are refundable.

I too would be upset if this happened to me. Not only is there airfare to deal with, there is also hotels and having to change vacation time at work. Not all hotel reservations are refundable.

Just asking.....is it really that much trouble for most folks to change vacation dates 10 months in advance?? Or hotel reservations?? Personally, I can't imagine making a non-refundable hotel reservation that far in advance anyway. A host of things could occur that could necessitate cancellation. JMHO

Just asking.....is it really that much trouble for most folks to change vacation dates 10 months in advance?? Or hotel reservations?? Personally, I can't imagine making a non-refundable hotel reservation that far in advance anyway. A host of things could occur that could necessitate cancellation. JMHO

For some people changing vacation dates that far out would be an issue. My company did 2010 vacation selection in November 2009. If I wanted to change my vacation now, it would depend on availability. While there is a good chance I would be able to change it, there is certainly no guarantee that it would be available either.

And as for the non-refundable hotel reservations - many people have done it.

Either way, I still feel bad for the people who have to deal with this.

I just looked at the UK version of the letter/email and there is no mention at all of reimbursement for flight change fees...or am I not seeing it :confused:

When did you get your e-mail about the date change, Liz? We have been watching our mail box and still no message. I will be calling and get the date changed tomorrow. Wonder if the calls went out according to being D+ or higher. We are still just Diamond. Still doesn't matter, we saved the first two weeks of December without a problem because we thought the date probably would change. I was even willing to go even if they changed the date to late November. We will probably stay at the LaQuinta again. I loved that place and enjoyed the breakfast with my waffles. Since we have to fly we don't plan on getting the flights until much closer to the date.

Irene & Miles

When did you get your e-mail about the date change, Liz? We have been watching our mail box and still no message. I will be calling and get the date changed tomorrow. Wonder if the calls went out according to being D+ or higher. We are still just Diamond. Still doesn't matter, we saved the first two weeks of December without a problem because we thought the date probably would change. I was even willing to go even if they changed the date to late November. We will probably stay at the LaQuinta again. I loved that place and enjoyed the breakfast with my waffles. Since we have to fly we don't plan on getting the flights until much closer to the date.

Irene & Miles

Irene and Miles,

We copied that RCCL e-mail from friends of ours. We have yet to receive one and we are D+. Have no idea what RCCL's priority is, or what kind of e-mail lists they maintain. It does seem to appear kinda disorganized though, doesn't it?

R&D

For some people changing vacation dates that far out would be an issue. My company did 2010 vacation selection in November 2009. If I wanted to change my vacation now, it would depend on availability. While there is a good chance I would be able to change it, there is certainly no guarantee that it would be available either.

And as for the non-refundable hotel reservations - many people have done it.

Either way, I still feel bad for the people who have to deal with this.

I realize some people could have issues. But I would venture a guess that most people could change their vacation plans with 10 months notice.

Irene and Miles,

We copied that RCCL e-mail from friends of ours. We have yet to receive one and we are D+. Have no idea what RCCL's priority is, or what kind of e-mail lists they maintain. It does seem to appear kinda disorganized though, doesn't it?

R&D

I still havent got my email about the change of date.

Disorganized + RCCL ...yip that goes together.:(

I realize some people could have issues. But I would venture a guess that most people could change their vacation plans with 10 months notice.

So if most people can change their vacation plans, does this mean we shouldn't care about those that can't?

Sorry, but I see nothing wrong about showing a bit of sympathy to those people who are affected by this. Changing airfare, hotel reservations and vacation time at work can be a hassle. Just because you wouldn't be upset by this, doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to their feelings.

Archived