Allure inaugral is now 5th dec>>>

RJL58

So, does that mean we have a 4 day and a Make A Wish coming up?

R&D

As the 4 day Oasis was meant to be for celebrating the new Labadee Pier etc I dont know what excuse/reason they would give for an Allure 4 day.:confused:

Also I would have thought they would have announced it at same time as new date...or would they:confused:

u

And wasn't the 100 pounds an OBC? I saw nothing in the email I got about any OBC. I guess that was only offered in the UK.

No from what Rich posted earlier the £100 per person in UK is a discount..not OBC....I haven't received the email from UK C&A yet so can't say what the exact wording is.

As the 4 day Oasis was meant to be for celebrating the new Labadee Pier etc I dont know what excuse/reason they would give for an Allure 4 day.:confused:

Also I would have thought they would have announced it at same time as new date...or would they:confused:

How about a fund raising cruise for the Haitian people?

R&D

I don't even think that $100 would cover air change fees on most legacy carriers here in the US ... though I guess since it is fairly early, most people hopefully haven't booked yet.

Yep, I figured all along that this was a possibility so purposely have not even thought about booking air yet.

Has anyone been offered an incentive to book another cruise if you can't make the new date DEC 5?

Why would RCI offer anyone incentives? RCI has stated what they will give customers to change to the 12/05 cruise. They do not owe anyone anything else. If you cannot make the 12/05 cruise and no longer want to cruise on the 12/12 date then cancel.

Why would RCI offer anyone incentives? RCI has stated what they will give customers to change to the 12/05 cruise. They do not owe anyone anything else. If you cannot make the 12/05 cruise and no longer want to cruise on the 12/12 date then cancel.

It's called good customer service since they made a change in dates, not the customer and you can't just book another inaugural. There's also a little thing called a contract, for which I made a deposit. Just try to alter that contract yourself and see what happens.

I don't even think that $100 would cover air change fees on most legacy carriers here in the US ... though I guess since it is fairly early, most people hopefully haven't booked yet.

When I got that e-mail, my first thought was also that $100 would not cover air for barely anyone in the US. I'm not on this sailing, but I think $100 is about what the FEE is to change these days.

Did this also happen with Oasis? Is this simply a money thing on their part so they can get it going with a full load of paying passengers a week early? Even though it's 10 months away, I'd be kind of mad.

Did this also happen with Oasis? Is this simply a money thing on their part so they can get it going with a full load of paying passengers a week early? Even though it's 10 months away, I'd be kind of mad.

With Oasis ..those who were booked on the original Inaugural ...12/12/09 who moved to new date 12/5 and booked the 4 nighter 12/1...got $200 OBC. But those who changed from 12/12 to only the 12/5 (which was called the Inaugural) didnt get anything for changing to new date.

When they announced the new Inaugural date for Oasis it was not past the 330 days mark like it is with Allure.

I think most people didnt expect the date to change now and most probably felt it was safe to book flights...or get time off work arranged etc.

I have spent most of today making new arrangements because of the new Inaugural date...cancelling another cruise...finding another one...etc etc...and that kinda peeves me.

Oh the joys of cruising :rolleyes::D

It's called good customer service since they made a change in dates, not the customer and you can't just book another inaugural. There's also a little thing called a contract, for which I made a deposit. Just try to alter that contract yourself and see what happens.

This did not happen after final payment. You can cancel and get 100% of your money back. I was booked on the original inaugural last year and RCI changed the date. I had a decision to make. Stick with the date that I had booked, cancel or move it to another date. I moved it and it worked out fine. All of this gimme, gimme, gimme is nonsense. You're owed nothing. Simple as that.

This did not happen after final payment. You can cancel and get 100% of your money back. I was booked on the original inaugural last year and RCI changed the date. I had a decision to make. Stick with the date that I had booked, cancel or move it to another date. I moved it and it worked out fine. All of this gimme, gimme, gimme is nonsense. You're owed nothing. Simple as that.

I believe I am owed and that's my opinion. RCL has had my money on deposit and I have a confirmation in writing about an inaugural cruise. I understand RCL can do no wrong with the cheerleaders.

I believe I am owed and that's my opinion. RCL has had my money on deposit and I have a confirmation in writing about an inaugural cruise. I understand RCL can do no wrong with the cheerleaders.

And I am owed mine. :) Be careful using the cheerleader term. People who are on here with their third screen name within a year shouldn't throw stones. ;)

You booked a cruise for 12/12 and that cruise is still available to you. Not sure why you feel you are owed something.

When I got that e-mail, my first thought was also that $100 would not cover air for barely anyone in the US. I'm not on this sailing, but I think $100 is about what the FEE is to change these days.

The $100 is for the FEE to change your air arrangements, not for your actual airfare.

Yes, the Oasis sailing was moved up a week also.

And I am owed mine. :) Be careful using the cheerleader term. People who are on here with their third screen name within a year shouldn't throw stones. ;)

When the term fits the term fits. And it obviously fits you.

So if you are on your first screen name you can throw stones? Because I see people like you doing it on here everyday and getting away with it.

Did it actually say "Inaugural" on your booking?

On RCCL website it never said "Inaugural" for 12/12/10 sailing.

Archived