HAL responds to letter

DaveOKC

I was on the Ryndam Dec. 4-11 and had a very nice cruise except for toliet problems and front desk attitudes. I wrote a letter to HAL mentioning these problems and praising most of the crew (I even named a few of the best we encountered).

Anyway, I received a nice letter from HAL today apoligizing for the problems and they sent me a $200 shipboard credit good for one year. Since we are going again in late April this will really come in handy!

Nice touch on HAL's part! They even responded in enough detail so that I knew they actually read the entire letter I sent.

DaveOKC

That is great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. I am heartened by several stories here lately where HAL has come through when some passengers have experienced less than exemplary service. Their Signature of Excellence, to be meaningful, must apply to people matters as well as physical enhancements.

Dave, that's great to know. I love to read this kind of stuff. I always say if you have a legitimate complaint it's always good to write directly to Hal (or whoever it may be).

We can bellyache all we want here, but they can't help you if you don't go to them directly.

Enjoy that $200 on your next cruise!!!

I was on the Ryndam Dec. 4-11 and had a very nice cruise except for toliet problems and front desk attitudes. I wrote a letter to HAL mentioning these problems and praising most of the crew (I even named a few of the best we encountered).

Anyway, I received a nice letter from HAL today apoligizing for the problems and they sent me a $200 shipboard credit good for one year. Since we are going again in late April this will really come in handy!

Nice touch on HAL's part! They even responded in enough detail so that I knew they actually read the entire letter I sent.

DaveOKC

How long did it take HAL to respond to your letter? I sent them a letter by fax and registered mail, per their request on Jan. 10 and have not heard back yet.:confused:

Archived