Disappointed in miracle cruise

joy1rn

I totally disagree with the premise that old people are boring.

Have you ever watched the MTV shows with all the drama of kids dating, drinking, fighting, etc? Now that's bbooooorrrrinnnnggg.

In my experience boring comes in all ages.

I want a Goldilocks cruise, not too hot and not too cold.

I don't want boring people, but I don't want a bunch of drunken rowdies making noise all night either.

Cruise Partner = 70%

Weather = 20%

Ports = 5%

Food = 4%

everything else = 1%

Maybe you should check this list and see what went so wrong??

A cruise is what YOU make it - not what the cruise line makes it, they only supply the tools.

Cruise are much like sex, some are better than others but there ain't no bad ones!!!

Just go try NCL and see what you get........you'll be back....:)..Dennis

I think all of the mainstream lines are the same, including NCL and CCL. I've had good cruises on both and sedate cruises on all of the lines. I believe that each cruise's crowd is different due to time of year and length of cruise.

As mentioned, I've been on sedate cruises but none that I would list as boring. On the quieter cruises, we still make our own fun just like the more livelier ones.

I think all of the mainstream lines are the same, including NCL and CCL. I've had good cruises on both and sedate cruises on all of the lines. I believe that each cruise's crowd is different due to time of year and length of cruise.

As mentioned, I've been on sedate cruises but none that I would list as boring. On the quieter cruises, we still make our own fun just like the more livelier ones.

I agree with you, I liked NCL but it was a little boring but I still had fun..The service and food on the Pearl was terrible but they were pulling the best employees to staff the Gem..But my DW has booked me again on a re-positioning cruise on the NCL Spirit so I'll go and try them again.....Dennis

we booked our honeymoon on a Wed-thurs cruise... i hope we didnt make a bad choice....:confused:

then again... id prefer tons of older people to tons of little children on a honeymoon any day! :D

Don't worry about it. Our Miracle cruise last month was a Thurs-Fri and we had a blast. It wasn't like the OP said at all. Maybe his was, but ours wasn't. The disco was great, karaoke was good(funny too), my wife was excellent, the shows were very good, the food was good, my wife was excellent, our room steward was good, our waiter was good, my wife was excellent and Nick & Nora's was wonderful.:D:D Not many kids on this cruise at all.:D

Just go try NCL and see what you get........you'll be back....:)..Dennis

LMAO.:D If you look at my signature you will see NCL was our first cruise and we haven't been back yet. Not that we won't go back, but Carnival and Royal are so much more fun and the service is way better too.:D

We just got off the Miracle yesterday. We have cruised 8 times and this was the most boring cruise EVER! First of all 90% of the cruisers were over age 65. The entertainment is BORING and there is no variety. They have karaoke every night for hours and about 4 different cruisers took turns singing old boring songs. There was a woman on a piano in lounges and played the same songs over and over as did a man on a guitar moving around to various lounges. The disco DJ played 50's and 60's every night!!! The shows were just ok in the theater. During the day a couple sang to recorded music the same songs every day at the pool. There was 1 band that was ok. The daytime activities were mostly trivia games in lounges and things geared to the elderly. We spoke to many of the 10% of us under age 55 and they all agreed they were in bed by 10pm due to boredom and couldn't wait to get off the ship. The food was not good either. We were also late getting into every port in the morning which screwed up our excursions and they were cut short in Panama and Costa Rica. I have cruised Carnival 5 times, this was the worst. We will look to other lines in the future.

It is really funny because I could have been on the same cruise and would have never noticed any of the things that the OP is complaining about. I never pay any attention to any of the entertainment and usually cruise for the destinations, not the shipboard entertainment.

Food, well IMO no mass market line has anything better than typical cafeteria or banquet food, so that observation doesn't surprise me.

It is a shame that the ship was late every day, or was it because the OP booked local time instead of ship, or ship instead of local.

Oh well stuff happens. I'll trade the snow with you next year.

I get bored on sea days, however, I always choose cruises that do not have alot of sea days because I enjoy the ports more.

Sea days are good just for catching up on sleep and reading a good book!

To me any day cruising is better than any day at work! I love sea days and that nap on deck certainly doesn't suck! The joy of cruising is that you get to make it what you want. My wife and I aren't crazy party animals anymore (both going to be 48) but we like a good time. I hope the Miracle is in August!

Archived