Western Caribbean on summer

Sal

Hi. We are planing a cruise on 06/26/05 or on 08/07/2005 with a Carnival Valor. Did someone has such a cruise on summer or maybe on the same dates? Can you pls. share your expierence:) - what we can expect: rains all the days, huricanes, sun, etc.?

Maybe it isn't a good time for cruise?

p.s. It will be our first cruise...

thanks

Summers a great time to cruise. Two things you can expect for sure, heat and humidity and lots of children. Not that there is anything wrong with either. Do not concern yourself with rain, if it does, its usually only briefly. I wouldn't worry too much about hurricanes for that time period, they usually arrive later in the season.

Have fun on your first cruise, I'm sure you'll be hooked on it afterwards. ;)

We cruised in June, 2003 and are going again this June. We sailed out of Tampa last time. Had rain the evening we flew in and again the next day after we sailed (after dinner). Then, no rain until a very brief shower when we were getting back on the ship in Cozumel. It was hot and humid, but overcast so it was quite nice actually. When we returned to Tampa, it was really raining and we found out it had rained in Florida the whole week we were on the cruise. We drove up to Walt Disney World in pouring rain, and, as we were checking into our hotel, the sun came out! We didn't have rain until Friday evening, and, again, just a brief shower. We really lucked out. Back to the Tampa airport the following Sunday and we were waiting for the same plane as a group that had just got off the Inspiration. It rained for them the entire time! So, it's hit or miss as far as the rain. August will be cheaper, but you do have a better chance of no tropical storms/hurricanes in June. No guarantees.....just decide and cross your fingers!:)

SAL: We cruised July of 2004 and we were on HAL, I must say of all the cruises we took (10 in all) this one had the most children. August and September are the most for Hurricanes but to be honest you can have a hurricane in any summer month. I would recommend taking the cruise that works best for your schedule. We were also on in the Western Caribbean and it was hot, but I like it that way; we live in Seattle and don't get much hot, humid weather.

You will be hooked and any month is a great month to cruise, IMHO!

Deb

We've cruised the first part of June and the middle of August. I loved both times. Yes lots of families, but very nice. Not much difference in the weather. Wonderful cruising in the Caribbean any time of year, except maybe the height of the hurrican season. I'd say which ever time works better for you just do it!

If it were me I would definately stay with June. I have lived in Fl for the last 23 yrs. and chances of a hurricane are much greater in August. The weather in June is usually very good! Whichever you decide have a great first cruise and bet when you get back home you will start planning your next cruise. ;)

Archived