Why so much Alcohol???

Destiniiii

And it always comes back to this.........how many bars and restaurant do you spend the night at.......or more like seven days:rolleyes: I would suspect none........

Hee Hee, MANY nights I slept in a bar and restaurant. AND brought booze into it on a daily basis. But I owned it!!:p:p

There is nothing better on a cruise than sitting on your balcony with a VO & 7 watching a beautiful sunset or just the water. If cruise lines carried Seagrams VO then I wouldn't have to bring it with me.

I would be very surprised if room service would not be happy to bring as many VO's as you like to your room. I know they have Crown Royal and its better too, but they must have VO as well.

I don't smuggle booze because I don't feel comfortable breaking the rules. What other people choose to do is their own choice. I don't really care what the person in the room next to me does or doesn't do. At the end of the day, I am only accountable for my own choices. So if you choose to smuggle...smuggle away! ;)

I guess the way I see it---a rule is a rule--no matter how much we can justify why the rule is silly. (BTW, I do understand why people want to smuggle--alcohol is EXPENSIVE on a cruise ship.) If everyone starts breaking a rule that they think is silly, we are going to have 16 year old, alcohol drinking, cigar smoking, diaper wearing kids in the adults only area. :D

Let's not confuse rules with laws;)

Agreed. And let's also not confuse rule-breaking that impacts other people with rule-breaking that doesn't.

I'd never do something that negatively impacts the people around me -- i.e. bring my kids where they aren't supposed to be, smoke in non-smoking areas, etc.

But the booze I smuggle has NO effect on anyone but me. For me, that makes it easy to justify breaking this particular rule.

Let's not confuse rules with laws;)

OOPs! I was just trying to lighten the mood. :(

Like I said, smuggle away!!

Just curious, do you bring your own alcohol to land based restaurants? I typically don't drink at restaurants because the prices are high--vacation is a time to "treat" myself.

OOPs! I was just trying to lighten the mood. :(

Like I said, smuggle away!!

Just curious, do you bring your own alcohol to land based restaurants? I typically don't drink at restaurants because the prices are high--vacation is a time to "treat" myself.

No reason to......I go out and order a drink with my meal (just like in the ships restaurant).....then head back and stop and buy some drinks and enjoy them at home or in my hotel room..........

Oh and you have no idea how much I treat myself on vacation.....my bill does not lie lol!

I'm not a big drinker, but on vacation I like to relax and yes, that does usually mean a few drinks! :) The prices for alcohol are very expensive on the ship, so I completely understand trying to bring alcohol on board! On my last cruise I was able to get my vodka onboard with no problems!

why would everyone bring so much alcohol?

I enjoy my vaca and enjoy alcohol on my vaca and on my balcony

Is it because you don't want to pay the incredible high prices of the drinks on the ship?

I still purchase plenty of drinks on the ship.

Is it that you like drinking a lot on your vacation?

See above YES

Do you drink to get drunk?

See Above YES

Buzzed?

See Above YES

or just to relax?

See Above YES

When do you have that first drink?

As soon as I board the boat and don't stop YES:D

I am only curious to know why?

Kinda personal, don't ya think?

Why does a smoker bring on cartons of cigarettes?

Why does a sun worshipper bring on plety of sunscreen.

Why does a fashion expert bring on a change of clothes for EVERY occasion, with matching shoes?

Why does a parent bring on plenty of toys, and possibly a car seat?

Why did transatlantic travelors bring their pets.

Why does a gambler bring along plenty O' cash?

The list is endless.

How many of the "honest, non- rule breaking" people are sitting at work using their company computer to read and post messages here?

Why do you assume anyone on the internet at work is breaking rules? My company's internet usage policy is pretty lax, what's yours?

How many of the "honest, non- rule breaking" people are sitting at work using their company computer to read and post messages here?

I never thought of that, I always thought they were posting from that ship The World , where they live all year round, Ya know where they can Buy & bring there own.:eek::D

Just coming back from a cruise, I can say the alcoholic drinks are priced pretty similar to restaurants. No more excessive than anywhere else. We are almost non-drinkers...a drink here or there over dinner. I'm not defending the cruise policies...they try to sell you stuff 24x7 and can be very annoying.

However, it looks like there are many, many heavy drinkers. Some people start early in the morning. The "high" prices probably save quite a few people from themselves. You know it is bad when the cruise actually sells a $20 raffle ticket to win $500 off your bar bill...on a 3-day cruise! Wow!

I've seen people in the jacuzzi at about 9:00 a.m., with a whole slew of drinks by their side! I could not believe it! Although drinking is especially fun on vacation and on a cruise, I've tried hard not to abuse it... Keeps my bar bill in check and I can actually remember the cruise! :D (Although I'm not always so good!)

Wow judge mental much??????

Why would you care OP how much we drink or why?????

I happen to drink only occasionally, I DO start with my first cup of coffee of the day on a cruise, with Baileys in my coffee, then I might or might not have another drink or two (usually DOD's, rum punch or beers in port.

If my two or three drinks a day is something for you to ponder then you really need to get a life.

I truly do not understand why other people feel the need to judge others on their a) drinking b)smoking c) eating d) weight

I venture to guess we all have our little addictions and for those that seek out others addictions makes me wonder how bad you must feel about yourselves.

How bout watching your own back yards and letting others worry about ours???

What a concept, never will catch on.

Carole

your secret is safe with me.

i can qualify for honesty at what i do at work. they are aware of how much time i goof off on the computer, but i am fortunate to have two great employers. as far as the rule breaking goes.... i was told that rules were made to be broken. :D and i am fully prepared for the consequences of my actions.

why would everyone bring so much alcohol?

I enjoy my vaca and enjoy alcohol on my vaca and on my balcony

Is it because you don't want to pay the incredible high prices of the drinks on the ship?

I still purchase plenty of drinks on the ship.

Is it that you like drinking a lot on your vacation?

See above YES

Do you drink to get drunk?

See Above YES

Buzzed?

See Above YES

or just to relax?

See Above YES

When do you have that first drink?

As soon as I board the boat and don't stop YES:D

Amen brothers and sisters, Amen. :D Sounds like you've been follow me on my cruises. :eek:

Archived