Can you imagine what people might bring on board

uktog

I too love ARS, all versions. But don't you think it absurd to consider bringing along a potentially valuable piece? Where is one going to store it with any sense of security? Certainly not the in-cabin safe.

While you may not anticipate a weight restriction on what you bring. Consider the fact that you'll more than likely want to carry it on, along with all your other carry-ons.

Nothing valuable, fragile, larger than about 12" cubed, or heavier than about 10 lbs. Seems to me to make a mockery of the ARS concept.

OK .... I give... you're probably right:)....but it sounded interesting when I read about it....can't you imagine what kind of crazy stuff people from all over the world might bring:eek:....if everyone was restricted to one small say no bigger than 5-6 inches item it would be interesting seeing what was brought....but yes....the overall concept is probably not going to go very far!!

Wow, I am surprised to see all the negativity. I love antiques roadshow and would love to see the presentations. I think it is a great idea.

Cheers!

Michelle

This isn't going to be the ARS, which is usually held in a big convention center with big doors and lots of space, it's going to be a cruise ship and that in itself is just the wrong venue for such a concept. Oh...IMHO ;)

I love Antiques Roadshow and used to work with their staff...but not on a cruise ship where people are shlepping stuff aboard.

I don't think people are being negative I think they are making light of it - all in good fun and humor!

Exactly :D

. . .it sounded interesting when I read about it....can't you imagine what kind of crazy stuff people from all over the world might bring:eek:....if everyone was restricted to one small say no bigger than 5-6 inches item it would be interesting seeing what was brought . . .

It would be interesting. Your post got me to thinking about the US ARS that has the people talking about their experiences as the credits roll. I always enjoy that part.

• Administrators

I just received some additional information from the folks over at Celebrity that should help you make decisions regarding the upcoming cruise featuring Dr. Lori and what items you should bring with you.

They've asked me to share that you can bring photos of your items if you don't wish to bring the items onboard. Please visit www.celebritycruises.com/drlori or www.drloriv.com for general info.

So, to sum up: Guests who have larger items, fragile items, or items they otherwise wish to leave at home, can bring a clear color photo and Dr. Lori will use it to give them an idea of what the item is worth.

Hope this helps!

Laura

I just received some additional information from the folks over at Celebrity that should help you make decisions regarding the upcoming cruise featuring Dr. Lori and what items you should bring with you.

They've asked me to share that you can bring photos of your items if you don't wish to bring the items onboard. Please visit www.celebritycruises.com/drlori or www.drloriv.com for general info.

So, to sum up: Guests who have larger items, fragile items, or items they otherwise wish to leave at home, can bring a clear color photo and Dr. Lori will use it to give them an idea of what the item is worth.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Well thanks...wish I was on this cruise...I think this will be interesting if enough people get into the spirit of the idea and not just think of all the reasons it WOULDN'T work!!

Archived