Man Overboard on Rotterdam???

LoraJ

Jason and Family

My prayers are with you, and may your Father be at peace.

You are a very brave young man. I know that your mother must be proud to have such a son, to help your family through this difficult time.

I am glad to hear that HAL was so helpful and compassionate.

God Bless you all

HAL posters, you are all decent and caring people. You have all shown your true colors and they are wonderful. Your words to Jason and his family I am sure have been very consoling to him and his mother. May Gob Bless your for your postive and empathic comments and may Jason and his mother be comforted by your words.

United States Naval Aircrewman - March 9, 2010 11:23 AM

I was surprised that this report was not confirmed, and was hoping to help. I was aboard the aircraft referenced that arrived "on-station" to assist in the S.A.R. Operation, a United States Navy P-3C of Patrol and Reconnaissance Squadron (VP)- 26. We arrived on station after the victim had been in water for about an hour and a half, the delay largely attributed to communication delays, and the relay of the initiated SAR from ship, to shore, to our controller. We initiated a search pattern that proved unsuccessful. At which point we adjusted our search to the estimated current drift. After several hours we reached our absolute min allowable "off-station" fuel load (required for the transit back to base)and at the last moment we located the SAR victim. Since we were bingo fuel all we could do was give a GPS point and get back home. During SAR operations we prefer to maintain "eyes-on" to guide the pick-up vessel in. I speak for my crew in saying we are grateful to know that at least he was picked up even though we could not affect a rescue. We offer our respect and condolences to the family and relatives, and i hope they know that we did all that we could.

United States Naval Aircrewman - March 9, 2010 11:23 AM

I was surprised that this report was not confirmed, and was hoping to help. I was aboard the aircraft referenced that arrived "on-station" to assist in the S.A.R. Operation, a United States Navy P-3C of Patrol and Reconnaissance Squadron (VP)- 26. We arrived on station after the victim had been in water for about an hour and a half, the delay largely attributed to communication delays, and the relay of the initiated SAR from ship, to shore, to our controller. We initiated a search pattern that proved unsuccessful. At which point we adjusted our search to the estimated current drift. After several hours we reached our absolute min allowable "off-station" fuel load (required for the transit back to base)and at the last moment we located the SAR victim. Since we were bingo fuel all we could do was give a GPS point and get back home. During SAR operations we prefer to maintain "eyes-on" to guide the pick-up vessel in. I speak for my crew in saying we are grateful to know that at least he was picked up even though we could not affect a rescue. We offer our respect and condolences to the family and relatives, and i hope they know that we did all that we could.

U.S.N Aircrewman, May God Bless you and your fellow crewmen who went to such lengths to assist in our fellow CC members recovery.

And may God Bless each and every one of you and all soldiers, sailors, marines and all military members and their familes for your dedication to us all.

THANK YOU!!

Joanie

Archived