Carnival Dream Aft Balcony

Tigger and Bart

Thanks,great pics, that room sure looks small, not sure what to do??
It's definitely not a full-size 8G. The balcony is a little oversized but not sure it's worth losing all that square footage in the cabin. But even if it was the only cabin left on the ship, I would still go.;)

Your photos confirmed which room we just booked, thank you so much for posting them!! We actually booked one level below you ( 8468 ), but that same room next to the wrap. It clearly is a larger balcony. My hope is that you have a photo of your actual cabin (9474) so we can check out size and configuration, etc. Thanks so much!!!

Hey Tigger and Bart, here are the pics I promised of cabin 7461, It's the same as 7456 only starboard side so it is the mirror layout of 7456.

Also, the last pic is of cabin 7462 which I was in, it should help give you some idea of the difference between the two 8G's. There's a pretty big size difference in the rooms however the balcony on 7461 is a little larger, maybe by 2 feet in width.

7461:

7461-A.jpg

7461-B.jpg

7461-C.jpg

7461-D.jpg

7461-E.jpg

7462:

7462-A.jpg

Thanks for these pictures! Our friend has the cabin and we have the aft wrap next door. Do you by chance know if the divider opens? It looks like it from your picture, but trying to confirm before we get too excited!

Thanks for these pictures! Our friend has the cabin and we have the aft wrap next door. Do you by chance know if the divider opens? It looks like it from your picture, but trying to confirm before we get too excited!
Hi Gail, you should be able to have the attendant open the partition door to 7459 no problem. Although the partition door connecting to 7463 cannot be opened because it blocks their door to and from the cabin. We had the dividers open on the next two balconies though so they will open them up so long as the winds aren't too high. Enjoy your cruise!:)

We were in the corner aft wrap on the Carnival Dream a couple of weeks ago. Our friends were next door in 7456. There is no couch and the room is the same as the other balcony rooms. The balcony is much larger, about 50%, than the other aft balcony rooms. If you don't get a corner wrap then get the one next to it. It was great.

So you didn't find the room too small? From the pictures posted, it sure looks small but that balcony looks great!

So you didn't find the room too small? From the pictures posted, it sure looks small but that balcony looks great!

That is exactly why we got out of ours that was on deck 8. We were very concerned - based on the pictures posted from the first couple of med sailings - that the cabin was just too small for us even if it did have a great balcony once they moved the divider.

Early reports were that the aft wraps on Deck 8 were not what was on the deck plans or like any of the other aft wraps that we had booked previously. Some of the first occupants of the cabin posted pictures to show that you could not even walk around the bed :eek: and there was one chair - no sofa or table. We talked about it for a week or two and decided that since we do spend some time in our cabin as well as out on the balcony we did not think a small cabin would work for us and decided to change cabins while there were still some choices. We figured better to be safe...than sorry :o.

We were in the corner aft wrap on the Carnival Dream a couple of weeks ago. Our friends were next door in 7456. There is no couch and the room is the same as the other balcony rooms. The balcony is much larger, about 50%, than the other aft balcony rooms. If you don't get a corner wrap then get the one next to it. It was great.

Did your friends mind the size of their room??

We have 2 rooms on deck 9 (aft) ?? 9481 & 9476 - Carnival Dream. I was hoping to get two rooms next to each other but the one in between was taken. Anyway, my kids will go to sleep around 10pm. Is it loud above this deck in this location? How is the balcony? Did you get any sun. Any suggestion would help.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
We have 2 rooms on deck 9 (aft) ?? 9481 & 9476 - Carnival Dream. I was hoping to get two rooms next to each other but the one in between was taken. Anyway, my kids will go to sleep around 10pm. Is it loud above this deck in this location? How is the balcony? Did you get any sun. Any suggestion would help.

Thanks!!

We will be sailing on Dream and have room 9481. When are you sailing? Any feedback/pictures would be appreciated. Have a great trip.

• 1 month later...
We booked 9481 for May 21, 2011. Any pictures of the room and balcony would be appreciated.

Bamboozel -

Sadly, mind is much further off - September 2011. UGH!!! Oh well, at least it's going to happen. So it looks like you will be posting pix before me:D. Cannot wait!!!!

I am booked in it for 7/31 and have seen conflicting reports of it having a sofa. We booked it for 3 and am a bit leary of enough room to walk with a rollaway.

Also, is there a lounger on the balcony. My sister is just below in 8468 and pictures show 2 chairs, table & lounger.

thanks!!

We just got off out sailing and were in cabin 9481 on the carnival dream.

The balcony had 2 chairs which the back can adjust to flat and one which cannot, with one table.. No sunshine for tanning with lido deck overhang but more privated than the lower decks.

Still the angle of the deck dividers you can see the neighbors from waist up if standing on the railing so dress properly..

The cabin is a bit longer than standard and about 6-8 inches narrower.

The closets cannot close with a standard hanger you have to tilt the hangers partly sideways to get the doors shut. I have pics and will post then maybe next week, when we get settled..

On one night heard constant scraping of chair on lido deck, until 2:30 am and again started at 6am.

Cabin is convienent to dining room an lido dining and a long way from all else.

Waits on elevators can be long..

I am sailing in 9481 and 9478 (2 couples) next year (long way off but like to plan ahead) and would like any feedback, pictures that anyone has. Thanks.:)

Could you tell me more about 9481? Is the balcony big? Can you get to the lido deck ( Aft ) easy from this location? Is it noisy at night?

Could you tell me more about 9481? Is the balcony big? Can you get to the lido deck ( Aft ) easy from this location? Is it noisy at night?

The balcony is same size as room left to right, going out is bigger. SInce the glass safety rail is angled in, you can't really utilize about 2 ft.

It plenty roomy enough though.

You get to the Lido VERY easily just up the hall a couple of cabins and up

1 flight of steps and you are at the aft pool and entrance to "the gathering" buffet area.

It was very noisy on our 2nd or 3rd night, can't remember which. We let guest services know and they said they would restrict the area above our cabin at night, we never heard another sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I stayed in 7359 in January. It was regular size and very quiet. I always get my agent to check who is booked in the cabins around me so that I can decide if I want to be moved or not.

Could you please tell us what kind of passengers would have to be around you for you to want to be moved?

Archived