embarkation time -- San Diego

tomculb

From what I've read on these boards and I think on the HAL website, embarkation begins at 11AM (San Diego, Oost., April). But now that I have printed out boarding documents, it says 1PM. Is that something new? Will compressed time to board make it more of a hassle? Is HAL hoping people won't have lunch on board?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Honestly, we got on the Veendam in December and the whole thing curb to ship took ABOUT 15 minutes... Getting on at 11:00 could make for a long wait before you can get into your stateroom, and even once you're in you may not have your bags... I think getting there at 2:00... or even 3:00 would be totally fine. We're doing Oosterdam in March and we're not worrying about getting on too too early.

Something to consider!

I go as Chaplain and I am on by 11:00 AM. The passengers are not far behind most of the time. By the time I take my blood and get up to the Lido it is quite busy. I would definately be on by three so I dod not miss the boat drill.

I go as Chaplain and I am on by 11:00 AM. The passengers are not far behind most of the time. By the time I take my blood and get up to the Lido it is quite busy. I would definately be on by three so I dod not miss the boat drill.

Blood :confused:

**I realize you probably are testing your blood sugar levels, but my first thought was more vampiric in nature**

Archived