Can we ask for the frig to be emptied in cabin?

hartskys

what about for meds? will they unlock it just for meds or do you have to say you will be buying the inside contents? does it stay cold enough for meds?

thanks

You do not need to commit to buy anything to have it unlocked. It's cool, but not COLD.

Can I just empty it myself for my cabin and my dd's cabin?

On RCCL, the fridge has sensors under each item and you are charged if you do yourself, therefore, you must ask the room steward to do for you, which they always do right away.

When I sail on Dream in August, can I ask for our fridge to be unlocked (I hope though it isn't locked) and just empty myself into a can or the shelf in the closet?

This would make it much quicker for me to use the fridge.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

We were just on the Dream we asked for the fridge to be unlocked and told our steward that we were taking everything out and we put it in the little cabinet right next to it -beneath the safe. we had no problem.

If you request and it's granted, make sure you tip well for it.

Also, be prepared to be told no.

Make sure you scrutinize your S&S charges at the end of the week.

Why?:rolleyes:

If your Balcony room had the door locked would you also tip the steward to unlock it?

If your safe did not open would you also tip the personal who opened it?

If your bed was covered with T-shirts and gold by the inch would you tip the steward to remove them?

Your booked room came with certian things that are part of the fare and a fridge is part of it.Just because they have their "For profit" items in it makes no difference.

Going on the freedom in May. Can we ask to have the refrigerator emptied at the beginning of the cruise?

You can ask but there have been times when the stewards will not do it.

We just came back last week from the Dream. We have always had it emptied with no problems at all. We have done 10 cruises on Carnival. They have never charged us for anything . The refrig is always emptied the first day. Even when we didn't have our suite on a regular balcony, they still unlocked it for us. They also unlocked the balcony screen so we could have a double balcony for the 4 of us. It was very nice and big. No problems at all. Our guy was wonderful.

Didn't have a teeny bit of a problem with this at all. We asked the steward to unlock it the first moment we saw him (they came in and introduced themselves). We told him that we wanted to move the stuff out so we could use it and he said "no problem"...we would be charged for anything that was missing on the last day OR..if we needed something just to let him know. We put the stuff in the little nightstand by the bed. We put the stuff back on the last day.

Honestly though...We turned the temp down as low as we could but I felt that our "ice chest" kept things colder (calm down everybody...it was bottled WATER and WINE). The steward was AWESOME at keeping the ice chest filled with fresh ice.

Is there beer in the mini bar? I would be too happy about skunking.

Two cruises ago we removed the contents of the fridge ourselves and the room steward yelled at us because he said the beer would get skunky if we removed it. We lived with it.

Going on the freedom in May. Can we ask to have the refrigerator emptied at the beginning of the cruise?

We just got back and they never once offered to unlock it:eek: We have asked on previous cruises for them to remove the stuff in the refrigerator and they said no.....those things are no good anyway, luke cold at best:p

Sweet! Are the prices outrageous? Does anyone have a price list, thanks guys!:)

Our last trip on Splendor we had our steward empty the fridge for us with no problems. We had our two youngest with us and didn't want any surprise soda or bottles of water charged. Especially since they had their soda cards.

He put everything in a plastic bag and under our bed and put it all back the last night.

InStateroomMiniBar.pdf

If you request and it's granted, make sure you tip well for it.

Also, be prepared to be told no.

Make sure you scrutinize your S&S charges at the end of the week.

You are actually planning to tip for emptying the refrigerator? That is the cabin attendant's job!!

DON

About as much as asking him to put the mattress on the balcony.

So if the mattress was on the balcony, would you tip them BIG to put it where it belongs?:rolleyes:

Get your crap out of my fridge when asked to or I can tell you that every item with be (handled with the utmost care ;))...........................with out opening or breaking it in any way.I will also arrange it in such a way that they will know somethings up.I will leave the fridge door open when I leave the cabin.

I expect to have FUll use of my fridge,safe,closet,bathroom,balcony,ect that was listed in the description of the room as booked.:mad:

Steve

So if the mattress was on the balcony, would you tip them BIG to put it where it belongs?:rolleyes:

Get your crap out of my fridge when asked to or I can tell you that every item with be (handled with the utmost care ;))...........................with out opening or breaking it in any way.I will also arrange it in such a way that they will know somethings up.I will leave the fridge door open when I leave the cabin.

I expect to have FUll use of my fridge,safe,closet,bathroom,balcony,ect that was listed in the description of the room as booked.:mad:

Steve

Of course. Do whatever you want with your servers. In fact, tell them exactly how you posted to their face.

They know where all your personal stuff is kept.

Steve

These boards get outta control real fast.

I'm usually one that pushes the envelope and is my job to get things done. Really can't take no in some cases.

But in this case I'll take my no.... Why? Would you really want to "upset" the one person who could make your week, or whatever the length, a very pleasant one, or not so pleasant.

Yea Yea, its their job. But you will miss out on the little things they do. Count on it.

BTW... Does it really say you are entitled to that refrig? Or is that an assumption because it is in the room YOU payed for....

Why should my asking for the refridgerator to be emptied upset the cabin steward? I do not see why this would be something out of the norm in his experience. I'm sure that lots of folks want the items removed from the refrigerator.

And yes - I do believe that I am entitled to that fridge... I paid for it as well as the beds, the shower, the toilet and the drawer space. I also paid for the couch and the chair and the elctricity that comes out of the outlets. And the TV and the storage space under the bed. I've paid for the whole shebang for the duration of our cruise!

We are always very good to our room stewards. When our cabin has a refrigerator in it, it is intended for our use.

Cheers,

Taters

Of course. Do whatever you want with your servers. In fact, tell them exactly how you posted to their face.

They know where all your personal stuff is kept.

That does not phase me in the least,just like I know how to contact their supervisor.

Who would get the worse end of that stick?

Steve

Archived