Should Carnival get rid of the waiter dance in the MDR?

a3593

Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?  

1,717 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?

• Yes
    • No

It's still a change of pace from their normal duties which comprise about 16 or more hours of their day: ergo' date=' the 10 minutes or so of "performing mania" might still be a welcome diversion from the tedium (if indeed that's how they view it) of their everyday duties.

Nice try, though. :D[/quote']

More then a nice try... Since we can only go by what we assume lets just assume one of them says no I dont want to dance.

Do you think they will be reminded that it is part of their job and they better dance or they will be given a pat on the back and said hey you are right it is your choice......

So then if it is part of their job it is not a "break" or a diversion as it is expected of them as part of their daily duty.

I dont scoff at the entertainment itself. Why not have the stage crew do a song and dance promoting their shows? Maybe the comedian come in for a min or so with a clean joke or two promoting his show?

I know it is not a 5 star "foo foo" place but the ambiance appears they are trying to point in that direction.... up until they start dancing...

As for all the "Fun Ship" comments.... it can still be fun.. Just depends on what your idea of "fun" is. ;)

More then a nice try... Since we can only go by what we assume lets just assume one of them says no I dont want to dance.

Do you think they will be reminded that it is part of their job and they better dance or they will be given a pat on the back and said hey you are right it is your choice......

So then if it is part of their job it is not a "break" or a diversion as it is expected of them as part of their daily duty.

I dont scoff at the entertainment itself. Why not have the stage crew do a song and dance promoting their shows? Maybe the comedian come in for a min or so with a clean joke or two promoting his show?

I know it is not a 5 star "foo foo" place but the ambiance appears they are trying to point in that direction.... up until they start dancing...

As for all the "Fun Ship" comments.... it can still be fun.. Just depends on what your idea of "fun" is. ;)

You're so cute when you get all flustered and babble and stuff. But that still doesn't make you right. :D

You're so cute when you get all flustered and babble and stuff. But that still doesn't make you right. :D

If not then how does it make me wrong? ;) I was asked my opinion and expressed it.

Then someone brought in a point of how it breaks the "every day". I then explained that if it was already part of their every day how could it break the every day....

Then you get all Stalky and call me cute. /blush.

Also I think my stuff is pretty coherent and not babbling at all. Maybe the reader can not comprehend it?

If not then how does it make me wrong? ;) I was asked my opinion and expressed it.

Then someone brought in a point of how it breaks the "every day". I then explained that if it was already part of their every day how could it break the every day....

Then you get all Stalky and call me cute. /blush.

Also I think my stuff is pretty coherent and not babbling at all. Maybe the reader can not comprehend it?

You're still sputtering. :D In many jobs, there are some aspects which we enjoy much more than others. When those moments occur (such as perhaps the singing in the dining room) we welcome the break away from the rest of our every-day routine. :rolleyes:

You're still sputtering. :D In many jobs' date=' there are some aspects which we enjoy much more than others. When those moments occur (such as perhaps the singing in the dining room) we welcome the break away from the rest of our every-day routine. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Who is this "we" you speak of? Just we in general or all the wait staff (you included?) employed by Carnival? Or just the people that like/enjoy the wait staff singing or dancing?

And again if something is done on a regular basis in the course of a job it now becomes routine and can no longer be considered a break away....

Unless of course you are speaking of the person having the dining experience and breaking away from the every day sit down meal....

However the topic is about the wait staff and not the customer so you wouldn't be doing that now would you?

Who is this "we" you speak of? Just we in general or all the wait staff (you included?) employed by Carnival? Or just the people that like/enjoy the wait staff singing or dancing?

And again if something is done on a regular basis in the course of a job it now becomes routine and can no longer be considered a break away....

Unless of course you are speaking of the person having the dining experience and breaking away from the every day sit down meal....

However the topic is about the wait staff and not the customer so you wouldn't be doing that now would you?

Sputter. Sputter.

Please don't tell me that you're one of those older people for whom it's impossible to admit they're wrong or to even just drop a subject. (And I am allowed to characterize older people that way because I'm older than petrified dinosaur dookie.) :D

Sputter. Sputter.

Please don't tell me that you're one of those older people for whom it's impossible to admit they're wrong or to even just drop a subject. (And I am allowed to characterize older people that way because I'm older than petrified dinosaur dookie.) :D

And you know your kind when you see it?

Archived