Should Carnival get rid of the waiter dance in the MDR?

a3593

Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?  

1,717 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?

• Yes
    • No

Slight correction, the song's title is "Low."

Please forgive me :eek: I guess I was misled by the fact that the Ken Byrne video referred to the song as "Apple Bottom Jeans" and the T-Pain version, which I think may be the original, is called "Apple Bottom Jeans".

Until today I didn’t know anyone who didn’t like the waters dancing.

I don't know how to say this and I hope it never gets out but our last waiter demeaned himself even futher than just dancing and singing. He went all the way and had a good time with us, even to the point of telling jokes and dare should I say performing a few magic tricks.

He and a few others took it a futher demeaning step over the top and sang Happy Birthday to my wonderful DW. :D

No it was every night........ So how is it a change of pace?

It's still a change of pace from their normal duties which comprise about 16 or more hours of their day: ergo, the 10 minutes or so of "performing mania" might still be a welcome diversion from the tedium (if indeed that's how they view it) of their everyday duties.

Nice try, though. :D

I don't know how to say this and I hope it never gets out but our last waiter demeaned himself even futher than just dancing and singing. He went all the way and had a good time with us, even to the point of telling jokes and dare should I say performing a few magic tricks.

He and a few others took it a futher demeaning step over the top and sang Happy Birthday to my wonderful DW. :D

How utterly humiliating!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I got to ask the question ... because perhaps it's just me being oversensative to things ... but has it not occurred to anyone else that part of the issue of why people find it demeans the staff is that it's disturbingly close to an old-tyme Minstrel Show?

I got to ask the question ... because perhaps it's just me being oversensative to things ... but has it not occurred to anyone else that part of the issue of why people find it demeans the staff is that it's disturbingly close to an old-tyme Minstrel Show?

Dunno. Never been to an old-tyme Minstrel Show. All I could do is make an uneducated guess as to what they were like from others.

However I do remember from way back in the 50's as a boy I did listen to and even watched Amos and Andy and laughed.

I think someone should do a poll on how many of us are secretly minstrels. :cool:

Gee,golly. Then what does that make the Radio City Rockettes and the Las Vegas showgirls? You're scaring me! :eek:

Gee' date='golly. Then what does that make the Radio City Rockettes and the Las Vegas showgirls? You're scaring me! :eek:[/quote']

Yeah, I figured that'd be about the way you'd respond.

And by the way, the Rockettes aren't overwhelmingly of a dusky skin hue.

Dunno. Never been to an old-tyme Minstrel Show. All I could do is make an uneducated guess as to what they were like from others.

However I do remember from way back in the 50's as a boy I did listen to and even watched Amos and Andy and laughed.

Or, you could look it up on the interwebs! My, what a wonderous age we live in!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel_show

Or, you could look it up on the interwebs! My, what a wonderous age we live in!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel_show

I could have indeed, however I perfered to use my few remaining brain cells to reach back into the time machine from what I learned in history classes from long long ago.

For the life of me I don't see how perfroming a song by Dean Martin or a variation of a song from Peter Paul and Mary or doing a dance from Slum Dog Millionaire degrades a certain race of people because it was done in shows from over a century ago.

But that's just me.

I could have indeed, however I perfered to use my few remaining brain cells to reach back into the time machine from what I learned in history classes from long long ago.

For the life of me I don't see how perfroming a song by Dean Martin or a variation of a song from Peter Paul and Mary or doing a dance from Slum Dog Millionaire degrades a certain race of people because it was done in shows from over a century ago.

But that's just me.

I'm not saying I see it just that way, just that intellectually I can understand the argument.

Archived