Where do you put your things while swimming?

Mummble

My husband and I are going on a Hawaiian cruise this April, and I have no idea what to do with our "stuff" (wallet, sail and sign cards, etc.) while we're at the beach. Any suggestions? Do most beaches have lockers you can rent? Thanks for the tips!

I found some swim trunks with waterproof pockets that zip closed. You could also get a water proof wallet and most mens trunks have at least one pocket that you can fasten... that said, your sign and sail cards and credit cards and DL. are plastic so they're safe to get wet. Also, a lot of places might have lockers as well.

We don't bring too much with us, and leave it on the beach---it's not like were "out of sight" of our stuff!

No one wants your clothes or ratty paperback....I stick my ship's card in the book....it's no good to anyone for boarding the ship since your picture is linked to it.

We only bring one credit card (not the one our ship's account is linked to....) and a small amount of cash. If any of that were to go missing, we'd still be ok...

Cash will spend whether wet or dry!

I found some swim trunks with waterproof pockets that zip closed. You could also get a water proof wallet and most mens trunks have at least one pocket that you can fasten... that said, your sign and sail cards and credit cards and DL. are plastic so they're safe to get wet. Also, a lot of places might have lockers as well.

this is what i bought and i loved it http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/mini-whanganui-br-644-1894-0.html

jan

I just put the little bit of cash I have, and our 1 shore credit card in a snack sized zip lock bag and my husband puts it in the pocket of his bathing suit.If I'm alone I just stick it in my bathing suit.

I have a waterproof case for my camera for snorkeling - but if we're just going for a dip, I just hide my camera under our other junk (making it look as junky as possible) and we try to keep an eye on things or ask someone nearby if they are going to be around for a while, and if they mind keeping an eye on our stuff.

We've actually met very nice people on beaches doing that, and then they will ask us to watch their stuff, and we'll bring them back a drink or they'll bring us a snack and by the end of the day we have new friends.

We each carry a water wallet (like the one in the CC store at the top of this page). In it we put our ID, Ship card, credit card and cash. This stays with us at all times. If we are on an excursion that we go snorkeling off a boat, we usually put it in the bottom our our back packs; no one will be going through our stuff on that boat. If we go to a beach on our own, my DH puts his in his velcroed swimsuit pocket, and I loop mine around my swimsuit strap.

We use the waterproof boxes that are about the size of an american package of cigarettes. They are waterproof and excellent for snorkeling. They come with a string that you can tie to your swimsuit. The best thing is that they float, so when you pop your head out of the water you can quickly locate your mate by looking for the waterproof box. We put our credit cards, cash, cruise card and car keys inside. We also have a waterproof digital camera that always comes in the water with us. You can find these at any dive shop. About $25.

I have been to Hawaii (Big Island, Maui, Kauai) many times and have not seen lockers at the beach.

What size container is ideal for passports, ID, cash, and a small camera?

Looking on Amazon, I see all sorts of size bags.

I don't want one too large since it will start getting in the way, but I obviously want one that will fit everything I need.

What size container is ideal for passports, ID, cash, and a small camera?

Looking on Amazon, I see all sorts of size bags.

I don't want one too large since it will start getting in the way, but I obviously want one that will fit everything I need.

You will want to get one maybe twice the size of your camera. I always ended up with everybody else's stuff too!

Archived