Hairy Chest Contest not family oriented

bottomrung

A jerk can show up anywhere.

We were on RCCL and they had a hairy legs competition. Some guy pulled down the back of his bathing suit to reveal his azz.

It was a good thing we had all seen azz before.

I will now get my dictionary out to look up hunch.

hunch (hubreve.gifnch)n.1. An intuitive feeling or a premonition: had a hunch that he would lose.

Don't know why it bothers anyone?:rolleyes::p:D

On our carnival cruise a hairy chest contest was held poolside with several contestants. To say the least I would not want a video of this placed on my copy of the take home version to show family members. Some guys were respectable and some were not. One guy actually hunched the stair rail as he paraded down to the judges then approaching the first 2 judges he hunched them in the face. Are there any rules governing this contest?

Am I the only one that doesn't know what hunched means in this text??:confused:

Personally, I find the hairy chest competition to be a great laugh and a lot of fun. I've never seen or heard anyone watching it complaining about it. Call it tacky if you want, but it's just fun and it's quite mild compared to what's shown on tv everyday and night.

First the hairy chest competition, next it will be the Newlywed game that people complain about because of some of the questions/answers that are given.

On our carnival cruise a hairy chest contest was held poolside with several contestants. To say the least I would not want a video of this placed on my copy of the take home version to show family members. Some guys were respectable and some were not. One guy actually hunched the stair rail as he paraded down to the judges then approaching the first 2 judges he hunched them in the face. Are there any rules governing this contest?

You have to be joking!

The Quest is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on a cruise. I never laughed so hard !

On NCL they tell you upfront.. no kids.. Adults only.. of course there is always 'that couple' with the kids who insist on staying.. only to get up and walk out in a huff... Can't say you weren't warned!

I wish Carnival would have it!

My Carnival Video story:

Some years back my adult son and I cruised together. One excursion was a snorkel trip with "Rum Runners" [the drink] afterwards. I figured they'd have enough for a drink or two each. They had BARRELS! After the snorleling they started to pour the drinks. Wasn't long that girls were pouring drinks over their heads and the boat became topless. The video crew was aboard but they stopped taping. It was a semi-tough cruise for 2 single guys to be on!!!:D:D:D

I'm 'hunching' that the OP would not have enjoyed that excursion either!

OK here goes;

I guess more people are familiar with the word Humping but Hunching is also a slang describing the act of performing the same act as Humping, at least where I come from.

Nothing wrong with "hunchin" at all, now that we know what it means. Must be a very regional phrase.

OK here goes;

I guess more people are familiar with the word Humping but Hunching is also a slang describing the act of performing the same act as Humping, at least where I come from.

Ahhh! I'm fairly certain that we ALL knew that!

You missed the sarcasm.

I have to agree that if you start the precedent of editing out the HCC, then the newlywed game will be edited out too. And then the talent show which sometimes showcases a man in ladies underwear. Thing get a little raunchy on Carnival. A smart move would be to offer a "family friendly" version with those edited out, then maybe more people will buy them. They are not wasting any money if they keep it digital only until someone actually orders it. (but who are we kidding since they print and throw away hundreds of thousands of pictures a year) Otherwise, I think people should just know in advance what is on the video and not buy it if you might be offended. I plan to take my own camcorder.

My Carnival Video story:

Some years back my adult son and I cruised together. One excursion was a snorkel trip with "Rum Runners" [the drink] afterwards. I figured they'd have enough for a drink or two each. They had BARRELS! After the snorleling they started to pour the drinks. Wasn't long that girls were pouring drinks over their heads and the boat became topless. The video crew was aboard but they stopped taping. It was a semi-tough cruise for 2 single guys to be on!!!:D:D:D

Ahhhhh went on a Kon Tiki boat ride in St. Thomas I believe many many moons ago that went on along those same lines

Good Times.....good times

No one twists anyone's arm to go to these events on the ship. It draws a crowd because people laugh at the antics regardless of how dumb they are. I'm more offended by the thongs on people who should not even be wearing a bathing suit. Those IMHO are the eye sores. But heh, I'll never see them again but the image is firmly planted in my head. :eek:

thongs and the people well over 70 in itsy bitsy bikinis with no elastic round the legs! need i say more on my last cruise the lady wore a green one i cant get the image out of my head !!!

Really, how many of us buy the video anyway? I don't really care about all the people in the video's vacation. Only ours.

I'd be more concerned about the kids watching it on the cabin TV. DH and I were in the Newlywed game in 2001...kids were young enough to be a bit clueless about it! But everyone else on the ship knew who we were for the rest of the cruise! :eek:

I would never pay money for the video, let alone show it to family. We take our own pictures and video (and family doesn't want to see it anyway :rolleyes:).

I can't even believe I'm using the word "video" in a thread (my kids, now teens, laugh at me whenever I use that terminology for any recorded visual media)! Is the cruise "video" made on DVD these days, or still a video tape? Just wondering.

:p

My Carnival Video story:

LMAO.. And I bet the entire time your son was saying to himself.. "Man.. I can't believe this is happening while my dad is here"!!! Little did he know -his dad was probably saying the same thing LOL!:p

just kidding

Archived