Hairy Chest Contest not family oriented

bottomrung

A jerk can show up anywhere.

We were on RCCL and they had a hairy legs competition. Some guy pulled down the back of his bathing suit to reveal his azz.

It was a good thing we had all seen azz before.

I will now get my dictionary out to look up hunch.

Pete, you crack me up!!! :D

Family oriented? I don't know (I have no kids). But with what kids learn today from each other, the internet, tv etc., I'm guessing what they see on Carnival is pretty tame. I'm amazed at the tv commercials that are allowed these days...... :eek::eek:

Can I get an AMEN??!! My son (12) and I were on the Fantasy last November and happened up on the Hairy Chest Contest. It is safe to say that it was at best PG 13 rated. My son just stood there laughing and shaking his head. He said, "Some people will do anything, won't they mom?" I said, "Yes son, they will." :eek: However, compared to the stuff on TV these days (especially commercials) this was rather tame.

I have seen this contest and have 2 children 10 and 11 and this is definitley not the worst things that they have seen. Family guy and the Simpsons have much more going on. And GOD only knows what they see at school. My kids actually walked away on their own swimming was more interesting to them and their father was a contestant LOL!!!

I have seen this contest and have 2 children 10 and 11 and this is definitley not the worst things that they have seen. Family guy and the Simpsons have much more going on. And GOD only knows what they see at school. My kids actually walked away on their own swimming was more interesting to them and their father was a contestant LOL!!!

Well...you left us hanging here....Did he win and is there a genuine Carnival plastic gold ship on a stick gracing the shelf in your home??:rolleyes:

That certainly violates the "no face-hunching" clause in the hairy chest rulebook. But were they using American rules or Caribbean rules?

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!

I am by no means a prude - but I was a bit taken aback with some of the antics that went on in the Hairy Chest contest on Liberty a few weeks back. Besides some "pole dancing" that went on (using staircase poles, or people, which/whoever was handy!) some of the guys stood on the bench the judges were sitting on and did some grinding (front and back) and pumping into the judge's faces. Now, it was pretty funny to watch- but I actually felt kind of embarrassed for one or two of the judges, as their heads were held in place by the contestants as this simulation was going on. Each contestant tried to outdo the last. All done in full view of the kids in the pool right there. (and yes - maybe they should have been in camp carnival - but it didn't phase the kiddies at all) As others have said - they have probably seen more in school, on tv, or at home:eek:!

a jerk can show up anywhere.

We were on rccl and they had a hairy legs competition. Some guy pulled down the back of his bathing suit to reveal his azz.

It was a good thing we had all seen azz before.

I will now get my dictionary out to look up hunch.

:d lol lol :d

On our carnival cruise a hairy chest contest was held poolside with several contestants. To say the least I would not want a video of this placed on my copy of the take home version to show family members. Some guys were respectable and some were not. One guy actually hunched the stair rail as he paraded down to the judges then approaching the first 2 judges he hunched them in the face. Are there any rules governing this contest?

I guess the contest will vary depending on the contestants. I had my poor DBF participate and it was the funniest thing. I guess everyone has his or her own opinions and I must agree, that it was certainly much "cleaner" than Family Guy!!! (we bought the DVD)

You have to be joking!

nope...I've seen the same thing, one too many times......all this by the main lido deck family pool, mid afternoon, by the same Carnival corp that discontuinued the remote adults only F-Deck, because it did not fit into thier family oriented direction that they say they are taking. :rolleyes:

Do many people even buy the DVD to take home? I guess I'm of the mindset that I can't justify spending money on a video filled with people I don't know. :confused:

we bought it partly because it was our first cruise (and the HC contest). the first part of the DVD is stock footage of a tour of the ship so that was nice to have. but I guess it is just as easy to do it yourselves and include people you know (or like ;)). we will probably not buy a DVD again. I certainly take enough pictures to cover everything we want to remember

Do many people even buy the DVD to take home? I guess I'm of the mindset that I can't justify spending money on a video filled with people I don't know. :confused:

We bought a VCR tape on our first cruise. It had lots of stock footage of our ship, our ports, and then our sailaway, and some shows.

Yes, it was filled with "other" people, but most we interacted with that week.

I don't think you'd find the same on the MEGA ships these days.

And I also tape my own stuff now.

We bought a VCR tape on our first cruise. It had lots of stock footage of our ship, our ports, and then our sailaway, and some shows.

Don't lie Pete....you bought your first one on BETA not VCR. :p

what's that? LOL

I was a judge in the contest on our last sailing. It's just a good time. Why feel sorry for the judges or the contestants? They are there of their own free will...when one guy tried to do the hunchy hump to me, I just smacked his hand and gave him the stink eye. The crowd loved it.

If you don't like it, don't buy the tape. Problem solved.

Archived