Hairy Chest Contest not family oriented

bottomrung

Can we all just take some personal responsibility and stop wanting our surroundings "censored" to suit all classes.

This is how "Big Brother" takes over.

If you don't like what you see, don't watch. That's called freedom.

Ahmen!

My thoughts too.. x-rated?? People do not go into the disco... especially the under -18 hours... You will have a heart attack:p

Guess there's no chance Carnival will adopt the Quest!:eek::cool:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. The Quest ranks up there as funny can get.

I can't remember how the hairy chest contest starts but everyone there knows at least a shirt is coming off. At that point parents/etc. with the little ones can exit.

[/b]

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. The Quest ranks up there as funny can get.

I can't remember how the hairy chest contest starts but everyone there knows at least a shirt is coming off. At that point parents/etc. with the little ones can exit.

The Quest is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on a cruise. I never laughed so hard !

On NCL they tell you upfront.. no kids.. Adults only.. of course there is always 'that couple' with the kids who insist on staying.. only to get up and walk out in a huff... Can't say you weren't warned!

I wish Carnival would have it!

The Quest is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on a cruise. I never laughed so hard !

On NCL they tell you upfront.. no kids.. Adults only.. of course there is always 'that couple' with the kids who insist on staying.. only to get up and walk out in a huff... Can't say you weren't warned!

I wish Carnival would have it!

So switch that scenario to the video Carnival sells to everyone, families included. Would they include the Quest game on it? I think that's the issue. :confused:

So switch that scenario to the video Carnival sells to everyone, families included. Would they include the Quest game on it? I think that's the issue. :confused:

Well ..I don't think he Quest is videotaped on NCL, simply due to it's adult content which it is advertised as such- Since the cruise experience is "universal" among ALL the guests each particular week..and the video is a recap of the week's events- The hairy chest contest, while the tackiest event ever created by man- is not R rated and all are welcome...Bad taste does not require a rating system.. they are not going to run off two versions... If you don't want your kids to see it, fast forward..

Well ..I don't think he Quest is videotaped on NCL, simply due to it's adult content which it is advertised as such- Since the cruise experience is "universal" among ALL the guests each particular week..and the video is a recap of the week's events- The hairy chest contest, while the tackiest event ever created by man- is not R rated and all are welcome...Bad taste does not require a rating system.. they are not going to run off two versions... If you don't want your kids to see it, fast forward..

Simulated face pumping isn't R rated? :confused:

Simulated face pumping isn't R rated? :confused:

Have you ever seen that happen? I know I haven't..

Ever peak into the Disco during the Tween Hours- ??? If you are offended by HCC, I suggest not looking

Have you ever seen that happen? I know I haven't..

Ever peak into the Disco during the Tween Hours- ??? If you are offended by HCC, I suggest not looking

The OP referenced it. I could care less about the contest, I wouldn't bother going to watch it. The question was should it be included on the video.

I am one of the idiots on the lido watching and cheering and laugHing. But then I never buy the video. By the time I have left the ship, I have seen the show over and over on the tV.

LOVE IT!!!:D Some are better than others that is for sure. There was a group of brothers from Italy on one of our cruises and they all entered the hairy chest competition. The were all "well qualified" and the best competition we had even seen. ;)Very funny and they took the contest very seriously, right down to debating in Italian :confused:and proving they could lift chairs (with people in them) :oThey could not however show that one on the TV although they showed some edited clips. :eek:We are booked on the Magic next year with several stops in Italy...hmmmmm :p

The OP referenced it. I could care less about the contest, I wouldn't bother going to watch it. The question was should it be included on the video.

And I answered above.. ;)

Fast forward it .. just because it's tacky, doesn't make it R or X rated.. just over the top stupid

My thoughts too.. x-rated?? People do not go into the disco... especially the under -18 hours... You will have a heart attack:p

Guess there's no chance Carnival will adopt the Quest!:eek::cool:

LOL!

Funny how some are offended by something and the whole world should conform to their standards so that they don't need to be uncomfortable!

I don't know... half naked people by the pool, drinking.. choice of music..

The guys being egged on by guests and staff...

Pure Velveta

LOL

OMG! That was hilarious! Everyone was having a great time, laughing and acting silly. This is what cruising is all about.... :D

I won't buy the video so it doesn't matter to me...But I do plan on watching the contest on my first Carnival cruise in 20 days.

On our carnival cruise a hairy chest contest

was held poolside with several contestants. To say the least I would not want a video of this placed on my copy of the take home version to show family members. Some guys were respectable and some were not. One guy actually hunched the stair rail as he paraded down to the judges then approaching the first 2 judges he hunched them in the face. Are there any rules governing this contest?

My question is this, if Carnival starts to edit what some would term as not family friendly, who would be the actual judge? There is such a gray area when it comes to what is termed family friendly. While the OP may not think it is OK for kids to watch, there may be a parent that does not have an issue with it. (Please, do not start to judge that statement, it is just made as a point, not a desire to start a debate.)

I am a grown adult, if I have children, I am capable of judging what they should and should not see. I am not going to press my values on to others, just because I disagree.

Carnival has to make those products it offers for sale attractive to the majority of cruisers, not to everyone, it is neither feasible nor realistic. I can choose to buy or not to buy said product. If there are enough people that wish for a more general video of the cruise, then I am sure that Carnival will produce such a video, but until such time as the current format is challenged by a majority, there will be no change.

Maybe there should be two versions- X rated and Family Friendly. I don't think you could request a special edition just for you. You can always fast forward it.

I am pretty sure that seeing some guy humping a rail, or showing his hairy naked butt is only PG-13 at most these days. :eek:

It looks pretty silly but harmless. I wouldn't care if it was on the video, and no one forces anyone to buy the video or watch it. I watched a You Tube version of the contest and all I can say is that I will probaby need the video because my brothers are coming on the Legend and they have no shame, no modesty, hairy chests, and love being the center of attention lol

Can we all just take some personal responsibility and stop wanting our surroundings "censored" to suit all classes.

This is how "Big Brother" takes over.

If you don't like what you see, don't watch. That's called freedom.

I agree!

Archived