Hairy Chest Contest not family oriented

bottomrung

Really, how many of us buy the video anyway? I don't really care about all the people in the video's vacation. Only ours.

I'd be more concerned about the kids watching it on the cabin TV. DH and I were in the Newlywed game in 2001...kids were young enough to be a bit clueless about it! But everyone else on the ship knew who we were for the rest of the cruise! :eek:

I would never pay money for the video, let alone show it to family. We take our own pictures and video (and family doesn't want to see it anyway :rolleyes:).

I can't even believe I'm using the word "video" in a thread (my kids, now teens, laugh at me whenever I use that terminology for any recorded visual media)! Is the cruise "video" made on DVD these days, or still a video tape? Just wondering.

:p

Not me. :p

Anyone else find it ironically funny that the op has more definitions of the grind than most of us knew of.. :p

I didn't even know what hunching was and I bartended and worked the door at a few strip clubs in my wild and crazy youth. :)

On our carnival cruise a hairy chest contest was held poolside with several contestants. To say the least I would not want a video of this placed on my copy of the take home version to show family members. Some guys were respectable and some were not. One guy actually hunched the stair rail as he paraded down to the judges then approaching the first 2 judges he hunched them in the face. Are there any rules governing this contest?

Hey I resemble that remark. I won the hairy chest contest, I am a fat overweight guy, I was the star of the bon voyage films and I am PROUD to say it. Not real sure how someone would "hunch" someone in the face if everyone is standing up? My winning move was called the saturday night special push up. Thanks freshman wrestling coaches for that one.

On our last cruise a guy mooned the crowd during the hairy chest contest. He actually pulled his pants down so far and was bent over so far that we also had to look at his change purse. He was the oldest guy in the contest. I didn't expect it from him.

That is how all events are.... UNPREDICATABLE...... this is what makes if fun. If you are looking for only FAMILY FUN, you might want to try Disney.

I hope you don't complain to Carnival, as this might deter the fun in the future.

I think the "Hairy chest contest" and the "newlywed game" are both tacky, but some like them. We just stear away from or ignore the things we don't care for.

I agree, if folks are concerned about a more family friendly environment, Disney might be a better choice.

I don't attend this 'event'. Don't care who does. However, I have simply walked through the pool area when it was going on - hey, just trying to get to the ice cream machine folks.:D

I'm not a fuddy-duddy, BUT, the guy I glanced at was humping over an older lady reclined in a deck lounger. Neither she nor her husband (?) were amused. That is just not appropriate behavior on a family cruise ship. No class. That's my take.

I'll just stay away as far as possible....and let those so inclined 'enjoy' the tacky performance.

Hit me, I can take it.:rolleyes:

He was doing a vulgar act to a woman he doesn't know? Her husband should have punched him.

The contest isn't my cup of tea but of course I'm not the target audience.

I think families who might be offended by it should find one of the jillion other things to do on the ship.

Pirate, I think you would do great up on that stage, LOL Actually you are a bit reserved, like a fine liquor. OK, I'll take up the cause and I'll keep doing the stage stuff. You win.

He was doing a vulgar act to a woman he doesn't know? Her husband should have punched him.

Or they could have gotten the hell away from all of the hairy, screaming, gyrating old men.

The way I see it, if you get withing humping distance of them you have it coming.

Or they could have gotten the hell away from all of the hairy, screaming, gyrating old men.

The way I see it, if you get withing humping distance of them you have it coming.

wait a minute.....what's old? I need a definition here.

If the chest hair has gray in it....... I consider them old.

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeek. I do have some grey. WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's official....I'm old now. crap! anyone got any prunes?

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeek. I do have some grey. WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's official....I'm old now. crap! anyone got any prunes?

Oh... so just because someone is old they HAVE to eat prunes?

Now you are just being offensive. ;)

Hey I resemble that remark. I won the hairy chest contest, I am a fat overweight guy, I was the star of the bon voyage films and I am PROUD to say it. Not real sure how someone would "hunch" someone in the face if everyone is standing up? My winning move was called the saturday night special push up. Thanks freshman wrestling coaches for that one.

You were great in the contest.

Oh... so just because someone is old they HAVE to eat prunes?

Now you are just being offensive. ;)

LOL Hey, it takes one to know one, and apparently I am one. LOL

maybe i should just buy some ensure.

the contests are alot of fun and like said if you do not like there are plenty other things to do entered the knobby knees contest and had some lady that was playing with leg not just knee lol they should have the quest it is the best.

Guess there's no chance Carnival will adopt the Quest!:eek::cool:

Is this the same as "This Quest is Closed!"? Goose ran that on Carnival Splendor this past summer - hilarious!

Is it not normally done on Carnival? I was hoping to see it on our next cruise (Spirit). :)

Family oriented? I don't know (I have no kids). But with what kids learn today from each other, the internet, tv etc., I'm guessing what they see on Carnival is pretty tame. I'm amazed at the tv commercials that are allowed these days. Thank goodness I have no kids! :eek::eek:

Is this the same as "This Quest is Closed!"? Goose ran that on Carnival Splendor this past summer - hilarious!

Is it not normally done on Carnival? I was hoping to see it on our next cruise (Spirit). :)

We had it on our Splendor cruise as well but Brad Calabrese(?) was filling in as CD.

It was a good time...but then I tore my calf muscle during the game and it kind of made the rest of the cruise a little unpleasant!

Archived