Confused, read some posts were people are wheeling up large coolers on board...????

You can bring soda and water (although why anyone would bring water is beyond me..the ship's is more than fine to drink!!!). As far as the cooler...a small one is fine...it's for the cabin...not for dragging about the ship! I guess you could take it to the beach with you when you go ashore.

we have a small fold up suitcase ... like a gym bag. When we get close to port we find a store where we can get some sodas and some water ... yes, I prefer to have a few bottles to carry on excursions. We always save 1 luggage tag to pop onto that bag. It always gets delivered to our room with the rest of our baggage.

We always save 1 luggage tag to pop onto that bag. It always gets delivered to our room with the rest of our baggage.

That was like a Fruedian-slip,,,lol. So, what are you saying you can rbing opp on baord, and you just throw into into a seperate bag/luuage and then put your tag on it....and they never say a word?

What if you has sprites and whisky or gin then would they say a word..?

I seen a couple of cooler at the port that were getting checked in. we used a normal bag. water bottles were nice to have when going out to the pool and the port-of-calls. The also brought refillable bottles and drank the water on the ship. tasted great. saw on the travel channel that the new ships take the ocean water and turn it into drinking water.

This summer we will be driving to the port and will take a small cooler with us. We like our sodas very cold and the fridge in the cabin doesn't get cold enough. We drink diet sodas without caffeine and have never found our brand being sold on board. As far as water, I'm hooked on the water with lemon and will carry on a six-pack with us.

Beachnative, wow a real native of this area! Most people around here are transplants it's not often I meet a real native. We're transplants, been here going on 30 years, but my adult kids are all born and raise here.

We always save 1 luggage tag to pop onto that bag. It always gets delivered to our room with the rest of our baggage.

That was like a Fruedian-slip,,,lol. So, what are you saying you can rbing opp on baord, and you just throw into into a seperate bag/luuage and then put your tag on it....and they never say a word?

What if you has sprites and whisky or gin then would they say a word..?

Soda & Water in your bag is fine..if you put "spirits" in your bag by it's self you would more than likely find yourself in the "naughty" room & RCL will be storing it for you for the remainder of the trip...

Still confused. I heard that some even bring on box-wine. What si the right informaiton please?

According to RCCL's website you are not allowed to bring any beverages on board.

With that being said, i have put luggage tags on soda and water, and they have both made it to the room without any problems, nor have i heard of anyone not getting their non-alcoholic beverages taken from them.

Alcohol is another issue. If you decide to take alcohol you may not get your luggage. If that is the case you will have to go to the "naughty" room, where you will open your luggage, and the RCCL rep will confiscate anything that isn't allowed a board. If it is in its sealed original container, they will hold it 'till the end of the cruise where you will get it back. If it is not sealed, or in its original container they will dump it out. Many people have lost their booze, and many people have gotten away with smuggling. That is a choice that is up to you, and if you want to give it a try. RCCL does reserve the right to not allow you to board with alcohol in your bags, however i have never heard of this happening. Its all part of the decision you must make, and if its worth it to you.

Still confused. I heard that some even bring on box-wine. What si the right informaiton please?

What people BRING and what RCL say's they CAN bring are two very different things...Yes, the boards are full of smuggling tips...but NO you cannot slap a luggage tag on a box of wine and expect it to show up in your cabin..why RCL chooses to allow Soda/Water to be brought onboard I have no idea...but they DO...

We have taken a good 12-15 bottles of water and a few Sprite's spreading them through out our luggage. A diff. thread gave me the idea of putting them in a duffle type bag, which I plan to do for my cruise in 3 weeks. My DH uses a c-pap machine and only uses bottled spring water. The other bottles go ashore for excursions. Never had a problem. The Sprite's for me. I get sea sick very easily. I like to have it handy.

Alcohol is another issue. If you decide to take alcohol you may not get your luggage. If that is the case you will have to go to the "naughty" room, where you will open your luggage, and the RCCL rep will confiscate anything that isn't allowed a board. If it is in its sealed original container, they will hold it 'till the end of the cruise where you will get it back. .

FYI....last week on FOS they were confiscating alcohol (in original sealed containers and NOT returning it at the end of the cruise.

....why RCL chooses to allow Soda/Water to be brought onboard I have no idea...but they DO...

Most people that I have seen brining on soft drinks onboard are brining on brands and flavors that aren't sold on the ship. For example Pepsi, RC Cola, Cream, etc.

It's all about moderation. A few soda's or water in a small cooler is fine and RCI won't bother you but bringing a large cooler with wheels in my opinion is over the top and should not be allowed. Those things are what make RCI change policy and spoil it for the rest of us who just want a soda that RCI does not offer. I bring a 6 pack of caffeine free coke to have in the cabin so I don't have to walk all the way to a bar to get a soda (and I still buy the soda card). We also take 6 empty water bottles, which we fill on the ship to take on excursions with us.

Archived