Unique Photos

PineappleGal

Well here is the only fish I caught on an excursion in Freeport

The fishing guide almost tackled me when he saw me pull up this fish.

Its the scorpion fish, one of the worlds most poisonous fish.

He held it up for everyone to see, as an example what never to touch.

fish2.jpg

N2,

That's actually a stonefish. A scorpion fish is a much more attractive animal. These fish are the most venomous fish in the world. VERY dangerous.

I love looking for and taking shots like these. Anybody else? :)

4339845528_4bec808b46_b.jpg

Not *exactly* the same, but similar.... sorta?

InspirationCruise11-21-2009054.jpg

I'll post my other pics later. Love this thread. LOVED the stick drawing and the following conversation about it... LMAO!

Kids playing in the waves at Grand Cayman

053.jpg

This is from our trip to go cave tubing in Belize. There was a huge flood and the highway was all water on the sides. This guy was catching Tilapia in the ditch next to the road:

097.jpg

I forgot the name of the tree, but this is in Dominica. The tree fell and smashed the bus during a hurricane:

120.jpg

CD Chris Jefferson on the Valor, Halloween '08:

191-3.jpg

Passing by the crew on the Imagination. This is a personal nightmare for me since I have been in the restaurant business all my life:

081.jpg

OK... I can't take credit for this shot... my stepdaughter Morgan took it and I love the composition. This is the grand atrium on Carnival Inspiration:

InspirationCruise11-21-2009272.jpg

Though they don't agree with me, this is my favorite shot of our cruise last year. We were snorkeling in Grand Cayman:

36660005.jpg

The hubs... he's VERY tall and this made him even taller:

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

This is Carnival Destiny at the main atrium elevators, looking UP.

11-22DestinyCruise158.jpg

Enjoy!

That Tiki Bar looks really good.....need to take one of those up to the top of the mountain and sell it to the lodge....having a few drinks and looking out from the top setting around one of those would be something else.

It might seem a little out of place on the highest point between the Rockies and the Smokey's but it would be cool!! It seems a little out of place in my back yard too I guess, but I'm working on that by growing a few palm trees.

GREAT JOB ! By the looks of it ,it cost a penny or two :D

Would luv your plans.

Didn't really cost me much because I had the lumber aready to use on a cabin that I'm planning on building. The bar top was one of the 12"X6" cabin timbers that I just had split. The bamboo I cut from a local man who wanted it gone....still plenty there :D. The thatched cover is for a 12' umbrella. Ordered that. Just some labor for the most part.

As far as plans, I didn't make any. Just had an idea what I wanted it to look like and winged it.:D

DSCN7672.jpg?t=1268748633

DSCN7675.jpg?t=1268748731

DSCN7683.jpg?t=1268748836

This is just a small clip of the actual damage from IKE.

I never will understand why Carnival let people get off at this island.

My wife was in tears the rest of the cruise .

Notice the little girl in the remains of the photo .:(

We were there last summer and it still looks the same :(

[This is one of my favorite and unique shots from our cruises. I took this just prior to launching on the zip line at Labadee in 2007, on our cruise on the Explorer of the Seas.

2140528613_4631083cde_b.jpg

This is awsome! My favorite!

Thank you. :o :)

agree with you there tiggerman, i remember sitting there folding our napkins for the tables, we did the "popes" hat i believe they were called.. been a few years now since i've done them.. but you notice something on that pic??? they are wearing GLOVES. good job carnival on being sanitary!!

agree with you there tiggerman, i remember sitting there folding our napkins for the tables, we did the "popes" hat i believe they were called.. been a few years now since i've done them.. but you notice something on that pic??? they are wearing GLOVES. good job carnival on being sanitary!!

That is so weird because I never noticed that until I read your comment. I took the picture on the Imagination. I was on a solo cruise and staying in a 1A on Empress Deck. I loved the back stairway that went past the crew area and up to the Serenity Deck.

We absolutely LOVED our cove balcony. Only two potential downsides, depending on the person. First, if you're wanting a sunny balcony you will be disappointed. If you like shade, however, you'll be VERY pleased. With the balcony being under the lifeboats you will not get any sun. :cool:

Second, you will hear some noise from the deck above...which is the kitchen. You won't hear the routine noise of the kitchen, but you will hear larger "events"...a rack of dishes being dropped, for example. ;)

For us...we liked the shade, and the few times we heard "events" from the kitchen it barely even registered on our nuisance meter. We would absolutely choose a cove balcony again the next time we sail a Dream class ship. :)

Yes, I like the shade option. We're cruising in June so temps will be a little hotter. I like the idea of being able to be outside in the warm air but not in the direct sunlight. I looked at ship diagrams while choosing my cabin and chose a room right underneath guest services with the hopes that that will be a quieter area than under the Galley or near the Main show room. Thanks for the info. Any pics of the inside of the room?

DSCN7672.jpg?t=1268748633

DSCN7675.jpg?t=1268748731

DSCN7683.jpg?t=1268748836

This is just a small clip of the actual damage from IKE.

I never will understand why Carnival let people get off at this island.

My wife was in tears the rest of the cruise .

Notice the little girl in the remains of the photo .:(

I am sure there was no intent to raise social conscience on the part of Carnival, but just maybe that was an unintended consequence. Awareness of what life is really like for many people is an important part of a human being human.