Unique Photos

PineappleGal

Very nice! I'm using a Canon Powershot as well...an A630.We LOVE Canon cameras. Here are a couple of my favorite underwater shots.

Hi Dave, thanks for posting, great pics!

Do you have a on-line photo album? I'd love to see the rest of your underwater photos :D

Here's a link for my photos, if you'd like to see more. (Powershots are great cameras) :)

http://www.panraven.com/visitor/VisitorViewStory.epage?sp=Sview&sp=154975

ONE TIP- if you click on the small arrows below the cover photo, you can see 2 pages at a time, which give a better panoramic view.

Edited by markstudy

Hi Dave, thanks for posting, great pics!

Do you have a on-line photo album? I'd love to see the rest of your underwater photos :D

Here's a link for my photos, if you'd like to see more. (Powershots are great cameras) :)

ONE TIP- if you click on the small arrows below the cover photo, you can see 2 pages at a time, which give a better panoramic view.

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be checking them out. Here's the link for mine. LINK :)

That D10 has me very intrigued. I have an A610 and an A630, both with underwater housings. DW is going to take some convincing for me to get a D10. I like the idea of having a ruggedized waterproof camera. My activities always center around water...snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, etc... The housing makes the A610/A630 a bit too bulky when not underwater, but when kayaking I worry about tipping...so must use the housing. Thinking that I'd but the A610 and housing up for sale on eBay to offset the purchase of the D10. I'll hold on to the A630 so that both the DW or DS and I can shoot pics when snorkeling. :)

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be checking them out. Here's the link for mine. LINK :)That D10 has me very intrigued. :)

Hi Dave, I took a look at your photos, thanks :D I liked IMG 2624 the best. I made it into my screen saver (a bunch of blue minnows sparkling in the waves and sunshine).

As for the D10 it worked so perfect for me. But I have a rule, I hate to buy new products the first year they come out (always room for quick improvement by the second year). You are already getting good photos. I'd give Canon another year to really perfect this camera. I didn't have any underwater option so I took a chance and it paid off, but its so tricky making a camera that works in saltwater. I'm sure the D10 will just keep getting better, from lessons learned.

Small world.... you Quarry photos bring back good memories for me...I learned to scuba in 1977 back in the quarries in Bloomington Indian, we had ice and snow when we did are final certification dives ( I should have taken the class in the summer) :rolleyes:

And I saw the photo of your dog, it almost looks like mine... I have a Dachshund/Basenji mix..... he's on page 148, 149 of my photo book.

awesome thread! There are some amazing pics out there!

Here are a few of my favourites, but hopefully I can top them on my next cruise in 21 days!!

Sea turtle in Coral World, St. Thomas

seaturtle.jpg

Looking down at the atrium on the Carnival Liberty

atrium.jpg

my crab buddy in Grand Turk (near the lighthouse)

crab.jpg

I am considering picking up one of these for our upcoming cruise. Not sure if any of you are also SLR users but my main camera is a Canon 40D, do you think I will be happy with the image quality of the D10?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I am considering picking up one of these for our

upcoming cruise. Not sure if any of you are also SLR users but my main camera is a

Canon 40D, do you think I will be happy with the image quality of the D10? Any

advice would be appreciated :)

No SLR experience for me... I'm just a point-and-shoot guy :D

My last camera was a PowerShot SD400 Elph 5 mega pixal and the D10 is just as

easy to use...but I thought it was a big step-up in picture quality and artificial

intelligence. Its a smart Carma... I'd call it idiot proof.

I"m not sure if I was impressed with image quality or just the versatility. During my

Dominica trip... I took photos in a cave, in the water, while it was raining, in pitch

dark rooms with bright sunlight shining through the roof. And had to tuck the

camera in the inside sleeve of my wetsuit against my forearm to keep it from being

crushed as we repelled down rock walls in the dark and jumped off water falls.

Pretty versital little package. Here's my photos if you hadn't seen them

The only downside is that the camera is brand new for 2010... and I'm sure

improvements will be made in the 2011 model... so I'm assuming it will only get

better the longer you wait. (I'm talking about improvements in durability, my

camera worked great, but I babied it). You have to give Canon credit for making a

everyday digital camera that works in saltwater. Saltwater and electronics just

don't go together....might as well be putting it in acid.

What I found most interesting, when you first try to take photos underwater...is the

fish don't sit still for a second! The water is moving you all around, and there is

nothing to steady against! So the fact that my photos weren't a total blur is quite

impressive to me. (This Rock Beauty was my only bad photo...but he was motoring

by at 25mph, and did not want me to take his photo! But I chased him down LOL)

1RubyPrincess509-1.jpg

Edited by markstudy

Your pics look good, Thanks :) I think I will probably order this camera for the days we snorkel. Wildlife photography is my hobby so hopefully I will be able to keep up with some of the fishies :D

Great! We will want to see some of those photos when you get back! ;)

No SLR experience for me... I'm just a point-and-shoot guy :D

My last camera was a PowerShot SD400 Elph 5 mega pixal and the D10 is just as

easy to use...but I thought it was a big step-up in picture quality and artificial

intelligence. Its a smart Carma... I'd call it idiot proof.

I"m not sure if I was impressed with image quality or just the versatility. During my

Dominica trip... I took photos in a cave, in the water, while it was raining, in pitch

dark rooms with bright sunlight shining through the roof. And had to tuck the

camera in the inside sleeve of my wetsuit against my forearm to keep it from being

crushed as we repelled down rock walls in the dark and jumped off water falls.

Pretty versital little package. Here's my photos if you hadn't seen them

The only downside is that the camera is brand new for 2010... and I'm sure

improvements will be made in the 2011 model... so I'm assuming it will only get

better the longer you wait. (I'm talking about improvements in durability, my

camera worked great, but I babied it). You have to give Canon credit for making a

everyday digital camera that works in saltwater. Saltwater and electronics just

don't go together....might as well be putting it in acid.

What I found most interesting, when you first try to take photos underwater...is the

fish don't sit still for a second! The water is moving you all around, and there is

nothing to steady against! So the fact that my photos weren't a total blur is quite

impressive to me. (This Rock Beauty was my only bad photo...but he was motoring

by at 25mph, and did not want me to take his photo! But I chased him down LOL)

1RubyPrincess509-1.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You took some AWESOME pictures!!!!!!! Enjoyed them! Princess ship looks beautiful!!!!! What a cruise that must of been! Love the ITINERARY!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Would love to get an underwater camera!

Please , don't take this the wrong way :D.

When you get there , you will know ;).

I'm not sure that one could take your comment as anything but negative.:(

Your beach photo could have been taken at any one of half a dozen beaches I've been on. The fact that you are unwilling to share it's location speaks volumes about you.

Edited by broberts