Azamara on a Transatlantic

cheesetu

We'ew considering going on a transatlantic cruise with Azamara but we're concerned that the ship is smaller than what we're used to being on. Have you been on an Azamara Transatlantic and was it rough? If you've been on larger ships can you please provide a comparison.

Also did they have any additional programs on the transatlantic (i.e., lectures)?

Thanks in advance for any info you might provide.

Ron

We'ew considering going on a transatlantic cruise with Azamara but we're concerned that the ship is smaller than what we're used to being on. Have you been on an Azamara Transatlantic and was it rough? If you've been on larger ships can you please provide a comparison.

Also did they have any additional programs on the transatlantic (i.e., lectures)?

Thanks in advance for any info you might provide.

Ron

Yes, we were on the TA in December on Journey.

Yes, it was rough for about 3-4 days in the middle of the Atlantic.

I have not been on any other TA's, so I can't compare it to another ship. We have been on other sailings where it was rough - like leaving Seattle (not on the Inside Passage, but circling out around Vancouver Island) and sailing to Bermuda twice, and going from San Diego to Hawaii and this was the roughest. We did not get seasick, but it was hard to walk or even stand and keep your balance at times. I really didn't meet any others who got seasick.....maybe it was the nature of the cruisers onboard...don't know. I was glad to see land eventually!

For special activities, we had a passenger talent show, a cruise talent show, a lecturer who was excellent - speaking on ports. There was a special lecturer from the Smithsonian Institute who spoke on marine biology - didn't attend those lectures. There was a couple onboard who gave dancing lessons and then put on an exhibition during the passenger talent show. There was a passenger choir that practiced all week and then performed at the passenger talent show. The Captain even had a special day when he taught Greek dancing. There was quite a bit to do - if you wanted...just as much as on a larger ship.

Hope this helps!:) Also, I have a review posted in the review section of CruiseCritic.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=61036

Yes, we were on the TA in December on Journey.

Also, I have a review posted in the review section of CruiseCritic.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=61036

We're on Journey next month (doc dancing now :D:D) for the reverse transAtlantic MIA-BCN. I really enjoyed your review & hope that we have the same positive experience.

Where in BCN did Journey dock? Unfortunately our docs don't show arrival port info. I realize it's always subject to change but I wonder if there's any hope we'll be at the closer dock near WTC at the foot of La Rambla. Thanks.

Thanks Daju!

I checked that link for the Port Authority & discovered that Journey will dock at the furthest pier of Mol Adossat. Guess I'm in denial & hoping there's a chance we'll be at WTC pier near the Columbus Monument. I kinda thought that the smaller ships (Azamara & Oceania) were often assigned the closer dock.

Thanks Daju!

I checked that link for the Port Authority & discovered that Journey will dock at the furthest pier of Mol Adossat. Guess I'm in denial & hoping there's a chance we'll be at WTC pier near the Columbus Monument. I kinda thought that the smaller ships (Azamara & Oceania) were often assigned the closer dock.

We were at the same pier - Mol Adossat.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

We were at the same pier - Mol Adossat.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for the pier confirmation, takemewithyou.

And thanks for the good wishes. I must say that we have mixed feelings about our upcoming Azamara cruise. We're excited to try the added amenities & features of the "new" ACC yet we're mindful of recent reports that describe a lackluster on-board experience. We've lowered our expectations so hopefully any surprises will be good!

Thanks for the pier confirmation, takemewithyou.

And thanks for the good wishes. I must say that we have mixed feelings about our upcoming Azamara cruise. We're excited to try the added amenities & features of the "new" ACC yet we're mindful of recent reports that describe a lackluster on-board experience. We've lowered our expectations so hopefully any surprises will be good!

MightyQuinn,

Have a safe and an enjoyable cruise.

When you get a chance, we would love to hear about your experiences. As you know we have an O trip coming up next year but before that we will be on Azamara in September.

Bon voyage!

Has anyone done the Dubai to Athens? I guess it's the only way to go through the Suez Canal (but wish they would at least spend an overnight in Eqypt and night at the end in Athens making it a 14 night journey).

Archived