What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it?

steveaaaaa

I have new corks and they are in these sealed packets that are severely shrink wrapped. I assume they are sucked in and when opened they slowly expand possibly when they come in contact with liquid.I will try one later to see.

Steve

Are you talking about "corks" still or are we back discussing tampons?:eek:

I'll be going on my first cruise this year and was planning on getting booze through in my wine bottles. I've been making wine for some time and have everything needed. I asked this in another thread and didn't get an answer so I'll give it a try here. The wine you carry one can be consumed at you leasure in your room correct? I assume there is a large supply of OJ available also? :D

• 6 months later...

This whole thing is just a myth. It has never really been tried and would never really work. The wonderful, efficient, hard working, kind and good looking employees at Carnival are way too intelligent to fall for such a crude trick.

We just like joking around about it. Ha! Ha!

Just to bump this thread a little bit, has anyone tried this lately with success?? lol

I have a friend who was planning on trying out this very technique on the Sensation. I don't remember the exact date she was going, just sometime around now, I'll report back on how she did. :D

This whole thing is just a myth. It has never really been tried and would never really work. The wonderful, efficient, hard working, kind and good looking employees at Carnival are way too intelligent to fall for such a crude trick.

We just like joking around about it. Ha! Ha!

:p Well done. :p And Carnival employees are the best looking, highest quality employees of all the cruise lines. I go on my first Carnival cruise in 11 days, but I am sure of this without having seen it in person. :D

Stevaaaaa,

long time no hear. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Just kidding!!

My DW came up with this idea a few weeks ago when strategizing for our December cruise. We plan on trying it and will let you all know if it worked.

I am a bit concerned with using runrunners since it appears from recent threads that these are not making it through like they used to.

Oh well, part of the fun of smuggling is coming up with new and unique ways to outsmart them.

I did this about 2 years ago, worked fine. I got new foil tops from a local wine/beer making store and refoiled the necks so they looked new. I BV now. It's not that expensive, and when you figure in the man hours doing the wine bottle trick.....

What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it? And put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle?

Steve

Don't want that new xray machine to get me.:D

Why don't you buy a bottle that has a wax seal.

When you get done with your bikini or speedo wax you can wax the top of the bottle back on.:D

I did this about 2 years ago, worked fine. I got new foil tops from a local wine/beer making store and refoiled the necks so they looked new. I BV now. It's not that expensive, and when you figure in the man hours doing the wine bottle trick.....

My thoughts exactly.

Last trip I tried to smuggle and got busted. Did get it back but not till last night.

Its BV for me from now on. In the long run, Its just not worth the hassle or potential losses.

We're not big beer drinkers but I was actually thinking of bringing a 12-pack of Hine's Cream Soda, ungluing the sides, replacing the soda with beer cans and then gluing the sides back together. I figured since they don't sell Cream Soda onboard it should get through. Has anyone tried this?

Okay, I've been reading a lot of smuggling threads lately. Just curious, of course. Nothing I would ever do. I wouldn't even consider such a thing. Nope.

However, my opinion based on my research is that no matter what you do or how you do it, check it carry it wax it poke holes in it and refill or cover it with Tampons...getting it to your cabin is gonna be hit or miss depending on lots of factors including how long the line is, whether or not the x-ray examiner has a happy love life or a multitude of other factors.

Am I right??

Having not read the entire 4 pages of posts, I might be repeating an idea but...I like rum, Captain Morgan to be specific, wouldn't it make sense to put it in like a mouthwash bottle that originally had the rum color or close to the rum color mouthwash in it? And it wouldn't necessarilay have to be sealed if it is believed to be mouthwash because I am sure not everybody brings brand new mouthwash with them...just my 2 cents.

I've done the mouthwash thing on RCL but not on Carnival since they've implemented the new rules. But to me this idea with recorking a bottle sounds like the easiest of them all especially since all you have to do is carry it on!

Please do because I'm thinking of this strategy myself or a screw top wine bottle as well,. but I figured the cork is easier to pass through.

My friend got off the Sensation this morning and she said this worked perfectly.

Now that it's out in the open, I figure it's just a matter of time before we're no longer allowed to carry any wine onboard. :(