? about "Sail & Sign" Card

How is it used? I know what it's used for, but was wondering what they do with it when you purchase something. Like when you buy a drink, do they swipr the card in a machine or do they look at your number or name? And do you accually sign a reciept that you can keep? I know this is not a big deal but it's been driving me crazy! (and my husband says I don't have far to drive to get there) Any of you cruise pro's wanna tell?

How is it used? I know what it's used for, but was wondering what they do with it when you purchase something. Like when you buy a drink, do they swipr the card in a machine or do they look at your number or name? And do you accually sign a reciept that you can keep? I know this is not a big deal but it's been driving me crazy! (and my husband says I don't have far to drive to get there) Any of you cruise pro's wanna tell?

They use your folio number to punch in .. I dont think mine has ever been swiped;)

It's used like a CC, or the bar waitstaff will write down your folio number. Both ways you get a receipt.

Not trying to be rude, but I see all the threads you start wtih questions. Stop trying to overplan your cruise and worrying about minor details. Just relax and be ready to have a great time.

It's used like a CC, or the bar waitstaff will write down your folio number. Both ways you get a receipt.

Not trying to be rude, but I see all the threads you start wtih questions. Stop trying to overplan your cruise and worrying about minor details. Just relax and be ready to have a great time.

Well, I just ask things I wanna know. I'm not overplanning. Just don't like surprises. If my husband asks me something and I don't know the answer, I ask on the boards, so that I can answer him. It's taken me 3 years to talk him into a cruise and I want to be able to give him all the answers he wants.

Thanks for the input!

Well, I just ask things I wanna know. I'm not overplanning. Just don't like surprises. If my husband asks me something and I don't know the answer, I ask on the boards, so that I can answer him. It's taken me 3 years to talk him into a cruise and I want to be able to give him all the answers he wants.

Thanks for the input!

I understand wanting to know as much as possible. And we certainly don't mind answering them. (I've answered several of them, I think.) :D

I understand wanting to know as much as possible. And we certainly don't mind answering them. (I've answered several of them, I think.) :D

I believe you have! My husband use to say I was on here way too much, until he decided he wanted to know some things himself. So now I'm posting questions for two...lol!

This being our first cruise, I want everything to go as smooth as possible so that when we get home we can start planning on cruise 2!!

So, thanks for all the help!

Are you all sure it's not swiped? I could swear I've seen it swiped.

And it would really annoy me if I was charged for someone else's purchases.

As I posted I have never that I know of had my card swiped.. they just want the folio number;) Maybe it depends on the bar you are at..

I believe you have! My husband use to say I was on here way too much, until he decided he wanted to know some things himself. So now I'm posting questions for two...lol!

This being our first cruise, I want everything to go as smooth as possible so that when we get home we can start planning on cruise 2!!

Your mind is going to be blown by all the fun stuff on board! And believe me, there's tons of little things that you'll find out on board that you and your husband could never even think of :D

Not everything will go perfectly smooth - just take everything in stride and don't dwell on the small things. I assure you that the good will far far far outweigh the negative.

It is swiped if you buy something in one of the shops...a receipt is printed that you sign....same as Macy's or your local Exxon station.

if you order at a bar, or in the show lounge, the server writes your folio number down, the receipt is printed at the bar to show the total charge and you sign the receipt.

At the end of your cruise you receive a summary of all charges that will be billed to your credit card or withdrawn from your onboard cash account, whichever you are using. You can have errors corrected before you leave the ship. Any errors discovered after that...well...good luck.

I hope you have an awesome time on your first cruise. I doubt it will be your last cruise. My only advice is don't overpack. I always do!!

It is swiped if you buy something in one of the shops...a receipt is printed that you sign....same as Macy's or your local Exxon station.

if you order at a bar, or in the show lounge, the server writes your folio number down, the receipt is printed at the bar to show the total charge and you sign the receipt.

At the end of your cruise you receive a summary of all charges that will be billed to your credit card or withdrawn from your onboard cash account, whichever you are using. You can have errors corrected before you leave the ship. Any errors discovered after that...well...good luck.

Before going to bed, i ALWAYS check our bill on the t.v. If something is wrong, i go to desk first thing in the morning..Will say they have always handled the problem very quickly and courtiously..:rolleyes:

You can go to the pursers desk and ask for a copy of your bill at anytime. I remember getting a summary half way through my cruise as well. I always keep my receipts and check against my print out or TV. I put cash on and write it down. I then keep track so I know before I run out to go put more money on my account. I am an overplanner so don't feel bad for asking questions. I am leaving on my 18th cruise next Saturday. I haven't even though about packing yet. Very scary.

Candi

Thanks for the input!

Keep asking. That's what these board are for. :)

They don't swipe your card. They check it for your folio number and you are given a receipt to sign.

You can see the folio number in the lower left of my card...

Dreamsailandsign.jpg

:)

They do swipe it in the gift shops and at the bars. They write it down at the pools and on the private islands. Thanks, Lynda

Thanks for the input!

Keep asking- there is no such thing as a stupid question and the rest of us alway learn something

With regard to swipe or not swipe my very limited experience was swiped in bars below deck, folio number on Lido but I may have had a drink or two:D

You might want to try this link:

http://www.seauonboard.com/cruise101.htm

Archived