Unaccompanied minor (age 20) on Conquest

cruisingnana

My DD (age 29) and her girl friend (age 20) are considering cruising on Conquest at the same time that my husband and I do. I am not sure that they can book a cabin by them selves since the friend is under 21. Does anyone have any past experience with this type of situation? Thanks.

Your daughter can book anywhere on the ship, but her friend cannot because her legal guardian is not on the ship... she will be required to book with a adult in her cabin.

You can switch cabins after you board if you want the girls to have a cabin to themselves. Why not book a connecting cabin if you want to supervise them more?

Its not your daughter that is the problem as far as booking with Carnival, its her friend.

I reformatted and lost all my saved links, ... OK this one does look right.. my PVP btw has confirmed this is correct.

Here is the ammended policy, not a big deal since people do it anyway but makes it easier to book:

Carnival has relaxed their minor age policy to allow for more flexibility when everyone is traveling on the same sailing.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

Again the problem is the minor who is unrelated to you, her guardian has to be on the ship.

actually I believe that it reads that if anyone is in the cabin is under 21 then there has to be someone 25 or older accompanying in the cabin , you are fine as your DD is 29 , i don't think they need supervision , but who knows:D

actually I believe that it reads that if anyone is in the cabin is under 21 then there has to be someone 25 or older accompanying in the cabin , you are fine as your DD is 29 , i don't think they need supervision , but who knows:D

That isnt how it reads actually.

I guess the above is the latest...reread it

As of last Nov, your daughter can book anywhere on the ship, I was trying to find the links since I knew some would say otherwise.

Here is the ammended policy, not a big deal since people do it anyway but makes it easier to book:

Carnival has relaxed their minor age policy to allow for more flexibility when everyone is traveling on the same sailing.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

friend cannot because her legal guardian is not on the ship... she will be required to book with a adult in her cabin.

From the 18th birthday onward, a person is an adult and the concept of a legal guardian does not apply (unless they are mentally handicapped.)

These two can book a cabin together and no other persons need to consent or be present on the ship.

From the ticket contract:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

I thought that as long as one person is over 25, it's fine, so since OP's DD is over 25, she can have the 20 year old with her? Is that not the rule? Why would it make a difference whether OP's DD was the "adult" or whether the OP is the adult in the cabin if the over 25 restriction is satisfied? She said her DD is 29 so I'm not sure she wants to "supervise" her.

Here is the link so you can see when the policy came out ..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21985747#post21985747

(all you have to do is click on the arrow of the name of the poster that I quoted as well to go to their threads on the subject. ... but for those who dont know this ... posting the link as well).

Here is the link so you can see when the policy came out ..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21985747#post21985747

(all you have to do is click on the arrow of the name of the poster that I quoted as well to go to their threads on the subject. ... but for those who dont know this ... posting the link as well).

That policy is irrelevant. Refer to the ticket contract. They will be fine booked together.

The friend isnt over age 25 ... and not married to the OPs daughter, thus for purposes of booking they have to have a adult in the cabin.

But why is the 29 year old DD not able to meet the rules for being the adult in the cabin?

That policy is irrelevant. Refer to the ticket contract. They will be fine booked together.

But why is the 29 year old DD not able to meet the rules for being the adult in the cabin?

Again I only saw age 20, I reformmatted and have tiny print I havent changed yet .. they CAN book anywhere on the ship.

I agree, no one else needs to correct me. sorry again.

They are ... I think the confusion was the policy for two people under 25 years old in the same cabin. As long as there are family members on board that is permitted. But that was not the case for the OP.

Your daughter can book anywhere on the ship, but her friend cannot because her legal guardian is not on the ship... she will be required to book with a adult in her cabin.

You can switch cabins after you board if you want the girls to have a cabin to themselves. Why not book a connecting cabin if you want to supervise them more?

Its not your daughter that is the problem as far as booking with Carnival, its her friend.

Supervise a 29 year old? You have to be kidding. And the DD IS an adult. If I understand the rules correctly, the 20 year old can room with the 29 year old whether DD's parents are there or not. They have no more status concerning the friend than the daughter does.

OK, so if DD's friend is not 21 yet, she would have to have parental permission in order for them to book a cabin themselves? They are looking at booking an inside on a different deck from where we are planning to book a balcony. If they have a parent sign a paper giving permission for her to go with DD, would there be a problem?

I'm glad they amended the policy, last year myself & husband along with our son then 19 & his girlfiend 17 had connecting rooms, it worked out ok as I put one room under my name & the other under my husbands name .we are trying to figure out where to go on next cruise !

wow. Her parents ok'ed that?

PVP let us put all our kids in the same cabin next to ours. My kids range from 9 - 12. We will be in the room next door. Now if it actually ends up that way who knows. I thought we would need to put one of us in the room and our PVP said nope, you do not have to.:)

PVP let us put all our kids in the same cabin next to ours. My kids range from 9 - 12. We will be in the room next door. Now if it actually ends up that way who knows. I thought we would need to put one of us in the room and our PVP said nope, you do not have to.:)

That's because it's a family booking.

Archived