The Great Baby Blue Debate

Anyone following Radio's "Live From" thread in the main RCI forum can't help but have seen the picture showing the stark contrast of the blue hull to the white of the remainder of the ship.

I'll be honest, I didn't like the idea during build, didn't like it when I first saw it on the ship and like it even less after seeing Radio's photo.

I'm sure RCI don't give a monkey's what I think about the colour of the flagship's hull - but what do you guys think? And especially those who sailed on her already?

Please note - this is a friendly thread for discussion by RCI cruisers and 100% not an Oasis bashing opportunity.

We are boat people and when we saw the Oasis this past December, I didn't even notice that it was blue. After you pointed it out, I went back over the photos I have, and to me it is such a subtle color change that it doesn't make a difference. Now if it was the light green some yachts have for their hulls, that would really be awful.

It all depends on the lighting...very subtle especially in sunlight.

OasisS2.jpgOasisS.jpg

That's what i was going to say. In that left picture you can really see how the hull reflects the ocean nicely. This is what RCCL claimed the color was specially calculated to do and most noticeable in Nassau. When we were there I though it looked nice and wondered what it would have looked like if it was white. Luckily there were other ships to show that, turns out it would be greenish grey instead of turquoise.

PS: Not sure what it is about the bow but that shows the color more than any other part, probably because of the pier. Not sure what the other side or back looks like.

DSC01173.JPG

DSC01191.JPG

DSC01166.JPG

The other ships don't have the nice color reflection like Oasis and then when the sun goes away it's like a magic trick and the color just vanishes like it was all white like every other ship.

DSC01223.JPG

Check out all of my pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/dmpicone/ Nassau has the best pictures for the color.

Archived