Freedom sailing

Anyone just off Freedom of the Seas? Did you dine at Chop's, was interested how the food was and portion sizes. Will be on our 6th RCCL cruise in May, first on FOS.

I was on FOS on 2/28 sailing, and ate at Chops twice. As always, it was better than MDR, but in both locations I had trouble with steaks being overcooked. 2nd night at Chops I had the shrimp instead of steak. Everything else was great though.

We were also on the 2/28 sailing and ate at Chops on Friday night. There were 8 of us and everyone's items were great. Most of us had the filet, but two had the T-bone. Again the food was excellent - in our opinion - better than the MDR - although the MDR we thought was very good.

We actually prefer the steaks and menu at Portofinos better than Chops

This will be our first time on the Freedom. What is the difference between these two? Do you have to pay extra to eat here? We are a Family of 7 people (2 adults and kids from 17-23).

We were on the 1/31 sailing and had dinner at Chops and at Portofinos. We both thought Portofinos was MUCH better. The food at Chops was quite good - much better than MDR. However, service was only fair. Steaks were done correctly, but flavor was only so so.

Portofinos was fabulous. Service and food were both over the top good.

I would vote for Portofinos - and it is a little less expensive!

Archived