Grand Turk golf cart rental?

River_Rat

Question for any one who has gone to Grand Turk, I have heard that you can rent golf carts there, if you can is it worth it, and if it is do you know where or how to reserve a golf cart?

Please help.

You can't get a reservation for a golf cart. It is first-come first-serve but I doubt the demand will be so high that they run out.

Just walk down the road that leaves the cruise terminal and the people that rent them are just outside the gate.

There isn't much to see on the island itself. They still have a lot of damage from the last hurricane. The cruise terminal is very nice and they have a lot of shops and bars there. Grand Turk is a great place to go SCUBA diving or snorkeling.

I did not find the carts of value for our party, as poster above said they run out quick..but the island is small and depending your plans, most the great stuff is well within walking distance...now to get to the other side of the island is a lil bit of a ways and its still a tad beaten up..they have been working hard after the storm, but when we were there in Nov they still had a lil more work to do. it got pretty beat up..

My daughter and I rented one on our cruise - we thought it was AWESOME! At first I was a little concerned it being just two women but we were fine. This was my second time on the island. We went all the way up to the lighthouse, then stopped by at Bohio Resort for a cool one and a little snorkeling. Our final stop was Governers Beach to cool off. I think it was $60 for the day but that was a few years ago. I'm a firm believer of getting away from the 'sanitized' version of the island provided by the cruise ships.

We enjoyed the golf cart also. The rest of my family was not sure if it was going to be fun, but afterward they all said they enjoyed it. There is a lot more to Grand Turk then what you see at the cruise terminal.

If you decide on a golf cart, I would recommend booking one in advance. They DO run out.

We did this last Oct. and really enjoyed it. True, the island is still somewhat destroyed by the hurricane. It's not lush and tropical, like a TV commercial. But, the fun is in the exploring, and in bombing around at 15 mph (on the left side of the road). You'll have time to tour most of the island, and still have time to hang out a bit at the cruise center. There are lots of posts on here about people's golf cart experiences, if you search back a bit. It will help you decide.

We found this to be a very unique day.

Just reserved one with Nathan. He was very quick to answer my e-mail, and the process went smoothly. My wife is letting me make all the shore excursion plans, and, for Grand Turk, I figure we'll get off the ship, pick up the cart, head down to Jack's Shack for some lunch and a little beach time, then drive around to do some sightseeing.

Just reserved one with Nathan. He was very quick to answer my e-mail, and the process went smoothly. My wife is letting me make all the shore excursion plans, and, for Grand Turk, I figure we'll get off the ship, pick up the cart, head down to Jack's Shack for some lunch and a little beach time, then drive around to do some sightseeing.

What is Jack's Shack? is it a pretty go place? I have rented our carts for Grand Turk with Nathan, we will be there May 6.

You can fit two adults on the front seat, and two on the back bench facing backwards - comfortably :rolleyes:

Nathan will state in his eMail Confirmation that it is $ 80 for four for the day.

You might want to eMail him with a Question if he will allow any more- like a child.

Of course, you may wish to consult The Guinness Book of World Records for a more authoritative answer !

Edited by dlhamlten
addition

What is Jack's Shack? is it a pretty go place? I have rented our carts for Grand Turk with Nathan, we will be there May 6.

We will also be there on May 6th on Hollands Noordam, herd that Jacks Shack was the place to go and golf cart rentals were great. :)

You can reserve your golf cart ahead of time...we will be there on May 5th on the Destiny and we already have 1 reserved thru Nathan! Just call or e-mail him and he'll get back to you. He did charge our cc, but said if something happens that we don't stop there, our credit will be credited. I have seen on other threads in here that he does in fact credit the card back if something prevents the boat from stopping there. He only has 10 to rent, so call now!

I would like to come to the island and get off as soon as we get there and get a golf cart. I think it would be cool to stop somewhere with a case of beer and drive 4 friends around the island for a few hours then stay at margaritaville from like 2-5. How possible do you think this is? I think it would be fun to get a whole bunch of foursomes together and do this. Maybe drive around from 11-2 then back to the bar. How close is this rental place to margaritaville? Thanks for the input!

I would like to come to the island and get off as soon as we get there and get a golf cart. I think it would be cool to stop somewhere with a case of beer and drive 4 friends around the island for a few hours then stay at margaritaville from like 2-5. How possible do you think this is? I think it would be fun to get a whole bunch of foursomes together and do this. Maybe drive around from 11-2 then back to the bar. How close is this rental place to margaritaville? Thanks for the input!

I believe it's right off the pier.

From reading the posts here, you probably should reserve your carts before you leave. Nathan has a limited supply, so there's a good chance he may be out before you arrive.

Also, have you looked into Jack's Shack as an alternative place to go. Less "touristy" than Margaritaville and better prices, I understand. That's where we're headed in April. Apparently, many crew members end up down there, so I figure it has to be good. Plus, you're supporting a local business.

We will be in Grand Turk on Apr 22 and have rented a cart from Nathan. Does anyone have suggestions on what to see and where to go on the island? Is there any beach better than others since we have a cart to take us. Any help is appreciated..

Thank You

Jim

Nothing is actually an "attraction" on GT. The fun is in the exploring, not knowing what's around the bend. Follow the road around the island. You will pass a replica of the John Glenn capsule (stop and read the info posted). You will see loose roaming cows, horses, donkeys (and you will drive over lots of "poop" in the road). You might see a flock of wild flamingos in one of the salt ponds . At the end of the island is a lighthouse, which, frankly, could use a coat of paint. It has an interesting history, if you read the signs. Beautiful views from here. Heading back to the pier, you will pass Governor's Beach (keep your eyes peeled, the sign for the turnoff is small). Very nice beach, decent snorkeling.

Everybody talks about Jack's Shack.............we didn't go, but I would try to find it if we go again.

Leave at least an hour to enjoy a dip in the huge pool at the cruise center, and take a dip in the beach there. It's really neat swimming so very close to the docked ship.

We had a blast with the cart. Have a great time!

See thats what we talked about today. We would love to just drive around the island with beers and just got all off the beaten path. Then we will stop by the jacks place. then from 2-5 concentrate on drinking at margaritaville and getting wasted! ;)