Grand Turk golf cart rental?

River_Rat

I need an email or a phone #. can someone post that for me? Will be there 2 weeks and 3 days from today!

To reach Nathan his email is nathanandlinda at tciway dot tc or phone

number is 649-231-4856

Have fun we did this in Jan. and had a great time. We went to the town museum and then to the lighthouse, Queen Conch Museum and then ended up at Jack's Shack.

Edited by jms2362

Thank you very much for the email and phone. I tried calling and left a message as well as an email. We will be there on Thursday March 10th, 2011. I hope it is fun. Do you know if we can stop at a local grocery to pick up some beers for the beach? or anywhere like that? Please let me know. Any advice would be welcome!

Thank you very much for the email and phone. I tried calling and left a message as well as an email. We will be there on Thursday March 10th, 2011. I hope it is fun. Do you know if we can stop at a local grocery to pick up some beers for the beach? or anywhere like that? Please let me know. Any advice would be welcome!

We had a beer at the lighthouse and it was $2. At Governor's Beach, our Coronas were $5 each.

Go out of the cruise terminal, get your golf cart on the right. Then proceed down the street. The road will fork at a pond bear left. You are downtown in a tiny town. after a block or two go left at sign to museum. You will be at the ocean. There were stores up and down this area. Just ask anyone and they will tell you where you can find a store if you don't see one. At the museum they told us how to dget to the lighthouse. We had gotten some maps on the internet of the island. Not very informative, but remember there are not alot of roads. Very easy to maneuver.

This should be fun. Is there a bar at the lighthouse or something? We want to ride around, drink, go to jacks shack, etc...

We bought a beer at the lighthouse. There is a little outdoor shop. Be careful of driving and drinking in a foreign country. Maybe one or two but wait til you get to Jack's Shack. Your are within walking distance to the ship.

Are the jeeps automatic or standard (stick shift) ?

Sorry, I have been away from the board. The jeep we drove was an automatic transmission. I think they all were. It handled well. We put $10 worth of gas in it and that more than covered what we used.

Sorry, I have been away from the board. The jeep we drove was an automatic transmission. I think they all were. It handled well. We put $10 worth of gas in it and that more than covered what we used.

Thanks, maybe I will take a jeep.

We bought a beer at the lighthouse. There is a little outdoor shop. Be careful of driving and drinking in a foreign country. Maybe one or two but wait til you get to Jack's Shack. Your are within walking distance to the ship.

Agreed. Remember, you're operating a motor vehicle on a public road, so getting pulled over for DUI would likely be a very bad end to your cruise. I say that because you could very well miss your ship by the time you were booked, taken to court, paid your fine, etc. And that assumes you don't spend any time in jail. And, since you've missed the ship, you'll have to buy a plane ticket back to your disembarkation port to claim any luggage that is left on board, then head home. That will be quite expensive.

We had a rental a few days ago. There were four of us. When we arrived to pick up our cart, we noticed there were three jeeps there too. The lady in charge said the jeeps were the same price so we took one instead of a cart. It was great -tooted around the island in no time, finishing up at Jack's shack for a leisurely snack.

I contacted Nathan regarding rentals and we are leaning toward the jeeps. Although I haven't read any real comments on them thought you could give me your opinion of jeeps vs golf carts.

I contacted Nathan regarding rentals and we are leaning toward the jeeps. Although I haven't read any real comments on them thought you could give me your opinion of jeeps vs golf carts.

Just curious, how much is he asking for a jeep? Last year, golf carts were $80, but I thought I saw a lower price for this year on another post.

Just curious, how much is he asking for a jeep? Last year, golf carts were $80, but I thought I saw a lower price for this year on another post.

Golf carts are $80 each. We booked two during our stop in Grand Turk and he charged us $150 for both. We were offered a Jeep during our initial email for the same price as one golf cart -- $80.

The jeeps were the same price as the golf carts. They seat four very comfortably. Additionally they are covered, so if you hit a rain shower you stay dry. The jeep we had drove well, started easily and generally was a lot of fun.

Originally, we had rented a golf cart, but saw the jeeps when we arrived to pick up ours. The attendant said the jeep price was the same. When I saw the jeep had an automatic transmission, we all agreed it was a no brainer to switch.

Kristennickismom .... notice you said you contacted Nathan about cart/jeep rental .... did he get back to you? I emailed on 2/26 and again on 3/2 ... still no reply. We originally wanted the cart, but looking at recent posts maybe we would do the jeep, BUT, I need to hear back from him I guess or there may not be any? The email I used was: nathanandlinda@tciway.tc .... maybe that's not a good address? Thanx for any help anyone can give on this!:)

Kristennickismom .... notice you said you contacted Nathan about cart/jeep rental .... did he get back to you? I emailed on 2/26 and again on 3/2 ... still no reply. We originally wanted the cart, but looking at recent posts maybe we would do the jeep, BUT, I need to hear back from him I guess or there may not be any? The email I used was: nathanandlinda@tciway.tc .... maybe that's not a good address? Thanx for any help anyone can give on this!:)

This is the correct email address.

Nathan replyed to my email two days after I sent mine.

Did you check your junk folder?

After I emailed Nathan and he emailed back to me I phoned him with my cc numner. I did not want to send the cc number by email.

I received a phone call from my land line phone carrier a couple of days later asking me if I wanted to sign up for a international calling plan because the 3 minute phone call to Nathan cost me $12.00:eek:

Well, I tried one more time to email .... think I may have to call, but geez, $12, huh? Don't suppose cell phone would be cheaper? This is getting complicated. DH is away so can't ask, but I'm thinking either I have a very good firewall on my computer and he can't get back to me or maybe he doesn't have any more available?

Well, I tried one more time to email .... think I may have to call, but geez, $12, huh? Don't suppose cell phone would be cheaper? This is getting complicated. DH is away so can't ask, but I'm thinking either I have a very good firewall on my computer and he can't get back to me or maybe he doesn't have any more available?

His message might be blocked, put him in as a contact and also check to see if his message is in your spam file.