Grand Turk golf cart rental?

River_Rat

I have a question about the golf carts. We are thinking of renting one while in Grand Turk. Are they battery operated or gas operated? Last time I rented one down here in Florida it was battery operated and the battery died quite quickly.

Thanks!

I have a question about the golf carts. We are thinking of renting one while in Grand Turk. Are they battery operated or gas operated? Last time I rented one down here in Florida it was battery operated and the battery died quite quickly.

Thanks!

They are gas as you are required to fill them up before returning them.

I had emailed Nathan for a cart rental in December and I did receive a response from him asking me to email or call in my credit card. I don't feel comfortable emailing my card info so I've been trying to call him with no success. Is he typically hard to reach? Is there a better time to reach him than others? I really want to rent the cart for the afternoon so we can go out to the lighthouse. :confused:

I had emailed Nathan for a cart rental in December and I did receive a response from him asking me to email or call in my credit card. I don't feel comfortable emailing my card info so I've been trying to call him with no success. Is he typically hard to reach? Is there a better time to reach him than others? I really want to rent the cart for the afternoon so we can go out to the lighthouse. :confused:

We talked to Nathan today - called him - reserved a cart. He did charge our cc right away, but he will refund our $ if for some reason the ship doesn't make port. He was very nice, and he even sent an email confirmation. See the email he sent us below:

Hi Sir

yes we have carts available for your dates, to reserved a golf cart have to email me or call me at 6492314856 with your credit card no. so that your cart can be reserved for you , $80 per cart seats 4 its fun ,

Nathan

Yeah..... I finally got in touch with Nathan. At first I was planning on renting 2 golf carts for the time we are going to be there in December. As our luck would have it, he did not have anymore carts left. He told me that all he had left were Jeeps. In the begining of our conversations, he was going to charge us $80 for the carts but we negotiated 2 Jeeps for $70 each. Sounded like a good deal to us. =))

Cannot wait to go on this vacation.

• 3 weeks later...
I just booked with Nathan this morning. I emailed on the weekend and he responded almost immediately. then I called this morning and within 10 min he called me back and I reserved with my credit card a cart for our day in Grand Turk on Jan 24! Can't wait:D

dont anyone do this! they are breaking down right and left see new posts on golf carts!

dont anyone do this! they are breaking down right and left see new posts on golf carts!

We rented two carts from Nathan on Nov 9th and had no problems. Even though the weather was not perfect it was our favorite port. What a great way to see a cool little island!

great except when you come 15 min of the ship leaving!

What happened that you got back only with 15 minutes to spare? Did it break down? I guess when we get urs we will tell Nathan that we will leave it and bring him the key when we get a cab back to the port??:confused:

WOW we leave in 29 days! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! WOW only 29 days until Christmas!

Edited by jms2362

From all of the threads I have read, people emailed the cc number. We did for Jan. and no problem.:)

What happened that you got back only with 15 minutes to spare? Did it break down? I guess when we get urs we will tell Nathan that we will leave it and bring him the key when we get a cab back to the port??:confused:

WOW we leave in 29 days! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! WOW only 29 days until Christmas!

yes it broke down the 2nd one we got. almost the farthest point away from the ship. no one has phones as its so poor. our cell didnt work and often he doesnt answer anyway. and if IF you are lucky a taxi will drive by as we didnt have a phone number for one! good luck:eek:

• 1 month later...

Just an update: We rented two carts earlier this week from Nathan and they worked perfectly. We had a wonderful day going everywhere all over the island and it was great fun. One cart did run faster than its counterpart but it didn't cause any problems with where we wanted to go.

Our cart worked fine and no problems. Gave $10 to cover gas. Saw lots of the island without being around the same people. It was fun driving around, got lost a few times. I Would recommend printing out a map at home and bringing it, the one the gave us wasn't too detailed. My phone did work as I signed up for international when I got it and it was a good thing since my mother's watch died and could tell what time it was as a result from my phone, so I could have called if anything happened.

Our cart worked fine and no problems. Gave $10 to cover gas. Saw lots of the island without being around the same people. It was fun driving around, got lost a few times. I Would recommend printing out a map at home and bringing it, the one the gave us wasn't too detailed. My phone did work as I signed up for international when I got it and it was a good thing since my mother's watch died and could tell what time it was as a result from my phone, so I could have called if anything happened.

I wonder if we were at the lighthouse at the same time. I spoke to an older lady who was with another lady and a golf cart. We also gave $10 per golf cart for cash instead of trying to fill it up.

I just booked with Nathan this morning. I emailed on the weekend and he responded almost immediately. then I called this morning and within 10 min he called me back and I reserved with my credit card a cart for our day in Grand Turk on Jan 24! Can't wait:D

Booked mine yesterday. We're on the same cruise with you (wanna race? :D). I've used Nathan before with no problems!

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Liberty cruise, we rented 4 golf carts from Nathan. What a great time!!! Unfortunately it started raining so we returned them sooner than we had planned. We went to lighthouse first then Pillory Beach. (beautiful beach) Had planned on then going to Governors Beach and Jack's Shack, but decided with the rain to just get back and shop at the Cruise port shops. After a while it did stop raining, so a few of us just walked to Jack's Shack and met Jack and Janet, their adorable grandbaby, and cute dog. Was such a fun day. Highly recommend doing this.

If you do rent a cart, the view from the lighthouse was defiantely something to see, as well as getting to see more of the Island while getting to the lighthouse. It's true about the maps not being real clear, but we saw a police car and they told us how to get to the lighthouse, then we just kept asking locals how to get to Pillory beach, "everyone" is soooo friendly, they were laughing at us because we kept asking.

We actually met Nathan while we were at Pillory Beach. He was just kind of hanging out and we started talking to him. So he is around on the island if anyone were to have problems. We had no problems with any of the golf carts, one ran a little slow, but was not a problem at all.

We found everyone to be so friendly, that if anyone were to ever have a problem, you could easily find someone to call Nathan or call a cab. Anything mechanical has a potential to have a problem or break down, that is just the way it is. Do not hesitate to do this, you will not be sorry.

:D

Just returned from Liberty cruise, we rented 4 golf carts from Nathan. What a great time!!! Unfortunately it started raining so we returned them sooner than we had planned. We went to lighthouse first then Pillory Beach. (beautiful beach) Had planned on then going to Governors Beach and Jack's Shack, but decided with the rain to just get back and shop at the Cruise port shops. After a while it did stop raining, so a few of us just walked to Jack's Shack and met Jack and Janet, their adorable grandbaby, and cute dog. Was such a fun day. Highly recommend doing this.

If you do rent a cart, the view from the lighthouse was defiantely something to see, as well as getting to see more of the Island while getting to the lighthouse. It's true about the maps not being real clear, but we saw a police car and they told us how to get to the lighthouse, then we just kept asking locals how to get to Pillory beach, "everyone" is soooo friendly, they were laughing at us because we kept asking.

We actually met Nathan while we were at Pillory Beach. He was just kind of hanging out and we started talking to him. So he is around on the island if anyone were to have problems. We had no problems with any of the golf carts, one ran a little slow, but was not a problem at all.

We found everyone to be so friendly, that if anyone were to ever have a problem, you could easily find someone to call Nathan or call a cab. Anything mechanical has a potential to have a problem or break down, that is just the way it is. Do not hesitate to do this, you will not be sorry.

Thanks for posting:D

I plan on booking a golf cart with Nathan for my April cruise on the Liberty:D

Let the race begin!:D:D:D

We did have fun on the island. Be sure to go to the Island Museum, it is easy to get to. When you pick up you cart go straight ahead, it is on the left off a side street, you will see signs in town also we did not go to the Queen's prison and were told by people later that we definitely shuld have gone there. My husband does Geocaching and we did that also on the island and one was at the museum. Lots of fun. The lighthouse was not open when we were there, but you could walk around the area.

Hi pacarolinagirl,

Did you ever hear from Nathan? I would like to rent carts also. Let me know how you made out please.

I know the question was not directed toward me, but I emailed Nathan on the 18th and heard back on the 22nd.