Grand Turk golf cart rental?

River_Rat

:)Finally heard back from Nathan .... didn't do anything different, other than adding him to my 'contacts' so either that was the trick, or he's been busy. He also called me this morning. I had sent him my phone number on the email yesterday. Gave him my cc info and he said I had to email him back stating I had given him the info and he would email a confirmation #. That sound right to anyone out there? Just waiting for that now and thinking things are falling into place! Can't wait to get on that ship! However, my prayers do go out to Japan, Hawaii and CA with all that is going on.

:)Finally heard back from Nathan .... didn't do anything different, other than adding him to my 'contacts' so either that was the trick, or he's been busy. He also called me this morning. I had sent him my phone number on the email yesterday. Gave him my cc info and he said I had to email him back stating I had given him the info and he would email a confirmation #. That sound right to anyone out there? Just waiting for that now and thinking things are falling into place! Can't wait to get on that ship! However, my prayers do go out to Japan, Hawaii and CA with all that is going on.

I had the same problem in Dec. someone mentioned putting him into my contact list for emails and then I got an email from him. I had the same problem from a hotel in Istanbul were went to last year.

Does anyone know where I can find a good map of GT to print off to take with me? I've heard his aren't good, and there aren't many signs, but I'd like to have a decent one for reference. Thanks!!

I just googled Grand Turk map. I took the map along but honestly never did use it. Nathan's map was fine. We made a wrong turn and foud beautiful beaches with conch shells. The place is small so getting lost is not a big deal and you never know what you might find.

Does anyone know where I can find a good map of GT to print off to take with me? I've heard his aren't good, and there aren't many signs, but I'd like to have a decent one for reference. Thanks!!

Give me your email and I will sent a map. I have tried to paste it here and can't.

Edited by jms2362

I just googled Grand Turk map. I took the map along but honestly never did use it. Nathan's map was fine. We made a wrong turn and foud beautiful beaches with conch shells. The place is small so getting lost is not a big deal and you never know what you might find.

Just a word of warning - my family and I just returned from a cruise that included a stop at Grand Turk. We made arrangements and paid for 2 golf carts thru Nathan back in September. Upon our arrival at Grand Turk, he had rented out all of the golf carts, and there were no jeeps to be seen. We were offered a mini-van to use. Mini-van cost $100 to rent for the day, we paid $160 for the golf carts. Had to basically barter my way down to $110 for the van, which I felt was pretty ridiculous. This van was not meant to go on all the little small dirt roads, so we definately did not get to go 'off the beaten path' as we had planned. We were also concerned about breaking down due to a weird periodic clanking noise. The same thing happened to someone else who was in our roll call, and she was given an older Taurus. So, be prepared if you have reserved and paid for a cart, you may not get it. Wish we had been fortunate enough to be given jeeps instead! We have also not received our $50 refund as of yet. If we should return to Grand Turk, we will hang at Jack's Shack for the day, or do an excursion thru the ship!

Question for any one who has gone to Grand Turk, I have heard that you can rent golf carts there, if you can is it worth it, and if it is do you know where or how to reserve a golf cart?

Please help.

hi, we went to Grand Turk in july ,(cruised from New York )and a friend we have back in England suggested that her brother who lived on Grand Turk show us round.The first viewing was the golf course.,well it was the only course i had ever seen with BROWN GRASS everywhere.There are a lot of donkeys on the island and it looked like it was where they called home.....

Just a word of warning - my family and I just returned from a cruise that included a stop at Grand Turk. We made arrangements and paid for 2 golf carts thru Nathan back in September. Upon our arrival at Grand Turk, he had rented out all of the golf carts, and there were no jeeps to be seen. We were offered a mini-van to use. Mini-van cost $100 to rent for the day, we paid $160 for the golf carts. Had to basically barter my way down to $110 for the van, which I felt was pretty ridiculous. This van was not meant to go on all the little small dirt roads, so we definately did not get to go 'off the beaten path' as we had planned. We were also concerned about breaking down due to a weird periodic clanking noise. The same thing happened to someone else who was in our roll call, and she was given an older Taurus. So, be prepared if you have reserved and paid for a cart, you may not get it. Wish we had been fortunate enough to be given jeeps instead! We have also not received our $50 refund as of yet. If we should return to Grand Turk, we will hang at Jack's Shack for the day, or do an excursion thru the ship!

We rented a jeep from Nathan last week - was just as bad as your van. Broken seats, engine light stayed on, clanking noises, burning smell the whole time, could not pick up speed. Taxi drivers laughed at us and asked if we need a tow. The only way into the back seat was to crawl in through the sides. Gas tank was on empty when we got it. You will not see Nathan when you pick up or drop off your vehicle - just a lady sitting in a brown van. Paid $80 for the jeep rental. His rentals are beaters, would recommend hiring a taxi instead for the $80.00 to take you around. don't bother with maps - streets are dirt roads with no street names.