NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

He just said, 2nd sailing--- don't know the dates... I get seasick going from SF to Vancouver - did it 3 times, 3 times I got so sick - I did everything to prevent it-- drank gingerale, took ginger pills, took bonine along with them, ate green apples, got one of those drinks from the bar that is suppose to be good for seasickness -- so Narce said, from now on, we need to skip that sailing and fly directly to Seattle if we ever do Ak again... carol

Carol, yikes...thanks for warning me! SO how bad is it?

Hi everyone we are back from Kauai. The weather was much cooler than usual only in the mid 70's most the time with some pretty good rain off and on. I didn't mind it though hey we were in paradise. We stayed in Kapaa which is between the airport in Lihue and Princeville. The resort was called Waipouli Beach Resort and Spa it was so beautiful I can't believe what a gorgeous place this was for only $199 a night for a top of the line beach front condo. We went to a few beaches for the day and sights and ate it felt like all day long.

Well I'm back to reality now working away.

Carol that cruise you booked sounds amazing what a great deal. I wish I could pull off one more vacation only between Hawaii and our cruise in October my vacation is tapped.

Janice you too are cruising on Princess out of SF how fun.

240517030_DonIinKauai.jpg.2bc5902ed6355d090dcdc0fe7db2477b.jpg

1209832774_Kauai2012001.jpg.11948bfa6bb29f21a1547662ddf3f940.jpg

342043353_Kauai2012005.jpg.88bb10bc21a09e9b6c2190194d3d09dd.jpg

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

Well we are now booked on the Golden Princess for May 20-22. I couldn't believe the great price of $149 pp with a balcony guarantee. The taxes and fees were almost as much as the base price.

I used my Alaska Airlines miles and just paid for the taxes and fees and that was under $100. Our hotel is covered with Hilton Honors points so this should be a relatively inexpensive getaway.

Bernadette, I prefer longer vacations but my employer only gives 2 weeks maximum after 3 years of employment so I need to be somewhat creative.

A bucket list for me is sailing under the Golden Gate so here's to clear weather!

Janice my sister who lives in Arizona is seriously looking at doing this cruise too. Was it Carol who said she's gotten sick on this route a few times? My sister just asked what the seas are like I'm afraid to tell her that she got sick three times. My sister did well on a recent cruise to the Caribbean and she's done the Alaska cruise a few times. I'm just curious if those are rougher than normal waters between SF and Vancouver?

Yvonne

Janice my sister who lives in Arizona is seriously looking at doing this cruise too. Was it Carol who said she's gotten sick on this route a few times? My sister just asked what the seas are like I'm afraid to tell her that she got sick three times. My sister did well on a recent cruise to the Caribbean and she's done the Alaska cruise a few times. I'm just curious if those are rougher than normal waters between SF and Vancouver?

Yvonne

Change of plans my sis decided to do this cruise in Sept when they reposition the ship from Vancouver back to SFO. Due to the weather she's hoping for warmer temps then.

My wife, who is subject to seasickness, swears by the patch. We live in the Bay Area and we have sailed out of San Francisco a couple of times, and it is wonderful. Don't let fear of potential seasickness cause you to miss it. I hope we have a clear day for your sailing. Enjoy your trip!

@barnismom - I have to concur with timetraveler. The Golden Princess is a nice ship and we had a wonderful time when we sailed her to Mexico. We got uberfortunate in that the ACD at the time, Brett, had been the line dance instructor and the first CD staff member to greet us on our first cruise ; and the Captain's Circle hostess, Chrissy, had been on the CD staff on our Dawn Princess cruise. Having a couple familiar faces made it extra special. (and we got invited to lunch with the captain, the two of them and several others on one of our sea days, awesome!)

Hope you have a great cruise. Our next will be our first time on Holland America, the Oosterdam. Anybody been on that ship already and have hints to share?

Bryan from Pitt

Hi everyone we are back from Kauai. The weather was much cooler than usual only in the mid 70's most the time with some pretty good rain off and on. I didn't mind it though hey we were in paradise. We stayed in Kapaa which is between the airport in Lihue and Princeville. The resort was called Waipouli Beach Resort and Spa it was so beautiful I can't believe what a gorgeous place this was for only $199 a night for a top of the line beach front condo. We went to a few beaches for the day and sights and ate it felt like all day long.

Carol that cruise you booked sounds amazing what a great deal. I wish I could pull off one more vacation only between Hawaii and our cruise in October my vacation is tapped.

Yvonne, wondering how you and DH were these last few days...as Corkey Carol said Hawaii is paradise so rain or shine it is better than being home!

Glad you are back safely and unfortunately back to reality and our faster pace of life!

Yvonne, how was your penthouse?...forgot to ask! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

Yvonne

Yvonne, I have never sailed under our beautiful Golden Gate yet and it is a bucket list item for me. Sadly both Patrick and I have also never been to Alcatraz although we were both born at Stanford Hospital...need to play tourist in our home town! Carol mentioned getting sea sick and I have once but that was my very first cruise.

My wife, who is subject to seasickness, swears by the patch. We live in the Bay Area and we have sailed out of San Francisco a couple of times, and it is wonderful. Don't let fear of potential seasickness cause you to miss it. I hope we have a clear day for your sailing. Enjoy your trip!

Bryan, I am toying with getting one of the motion sickness pills; I forgot which one was allegedly the best. Doesn't the patch cause dry mouth?

@barnismom - I have to concur with timetraveler. The Golden Princess is a nice ship and we had a wonderful time when we sailed her to Mexico. We got uberfortunate in that the ACD at the time, Brett, had been the line dance instructor and the first CD staff member to greet us on our first cruise ; and the Captain's Circle hostess, Chrissy, had been on the CD staff on our Dawn Princess cruise. Having a couple familiar faces made it extra special. (and we got invited to lunch with the captain, the two of them and several others on one of our sea days, awesome!)

Hope you have a great cruise. Our next will be our first time on Holland America, the Oosterdam. Anybody been on that ship already and have hints to share?

Bryan from Pitt

Bryan I see you have an open booking on Royal Caribbean...you should try the Oasis or the Allure! Or you could join us on the Navigator of the Seas out of New Orleans next February!

Enjoy the weekend!

Yvonne, how was your penthouse?...forgot to ask! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

Janice the condo was so beautiful I was talking to a guy who has a timeshare next door and he said those condos were going for over a million dollars at one time. I really believe it because everything is top of the line inside. The furnishings were also so nice it was hard to believe this was a rental.

Well we have not been to Alcatraz either and we were both born and raised right here in San Jose. I had never really thought about cruising out of SF and being able to go under to GG bridge that does sound amazing.

Carol my sister is really sensative too so I was a little worried.

Janice the condo was so beautiful I was talking to a guy who has a timeshare next door and he said those condos were going for over a million dollars at one time. I really believe it because everything is top of the line inside. The furnishings were also so nice it was hard to believe this was a rental.

Well we have not been to Alcatraz either and we were both born and raised right here in San Jose. I had never really thought about cruising out of SF and being able to go under to GG bridge that does sound amazing.

Carol my sister is really sensative too so I was a little worried.

Yvonne, having out-of-town guest really helps you see your hometown in different perspectives!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend! GO SHARKS!

My cousin who was born in SF has never been to Alcatraz either - nor Angel Island -- but most of my relatives in Hawaii have been to both - ha!ha! I'll have to list it on my Must Do List!! Alcatraz or Bust!!

I take Bonines and Ginger pills EACH time I fly and EVERYDAY on any cruise I am on - cuz yes, I tend to get very sensitive - so please don't go by me - it's just that 3 times I have been on the northern route from SF to AK and yep, I got very sick - however, a couple of times on the Explorer coming back from the Caribbean to NJ, I was just fine and there were several who got seasick -- so, yes, it's just ME!! just can't tell when I get wacky!

Oh - your vacation sounds ideal and beautiful Yvonne!! love love love Hawaii - in fact today, we went to an 80th birthday party for one of my close friend's Mom -- group up in the same neighborhood since we were 3 yrs old so of course I know Mom Josie very well - it was a fun party - Hawaiian theme - even tho' it was raining outside and it was COLD, the atmosphere inside the hall was warm and super fun - they had a Hawaiian band who sang mostly Brother Iz songs - plus all Hawaiian songs - it was an unforgettable party - Josie is very youthful and energetic so she was singing, dancing, and having the best time - as we all did -- there must have been about 150 at that party - all of us close friends, old neighbors, etc. .. and of course, lots and lots of hawaiian and filipino foods - a great time was had by all, esp me and hubby! carol

My cousin who was born in SF has never been to Alcatraz either - nor Angel Island -- but most of my relatives in Hawaii have been to both - ha!ha! I'll have to list it on my Must Do List!! Alcatraz or Bust!!

I take Bonines and Ginger pills EACH time I fly and EVERYDAY on any cruise I am on - cuz yes, I tend to get very sensitive - so please don't go by me - it's just that 3 times I have been on the northern route from SF to AK and yep, I got very sick - however, a couple of times on the Explorer coming back from the Caribbean to NJ, I was just fine and there were several who got seasick -- so, yes, it's just ME!! just can't tell when I get wacky!

Oh - your vacation sounds ideal and beautiful Yvonne!! love love love Hawaii - in fact today, we went to an 80th birthday party for one of my close friend's Mom -- group up in the same neighborhood since we were 3 yrs old so of course I know Mom Josie very well - it was a fun party - Hawaiian theme - even tho' it was raining outside and it was COLD, the atmosphere inside the hall was warm and super fun - they had a Hawaiian band who sang mostly Brother Iz songs - plus all Hawaiian songs - it was an unforgettable party - Josie is very youthful and energetic so she was singing, dancing, and having the best time - as we all did -- there must have been about 150 at that party - all of us close friends, old neighbors, etc. .. and of course, lots and lots of hawaiian and filipino foods - a great time was had by all, esp me and hubby! carol

Carol, I love the Hawaiian-themed parties and of course I love the food too. How wonderful that your friend's mom had such a memorable day and turnout of those celebrating her special day.

I was just catching up on the posts. We really love Hawaii too. We have a friend who lives on the big island. He always says there are no bad days in Hawaii, rain or shine. I agree 100%:)

Another big game for the Sharks tomorrow. Going to where our jerseys, and give Jetti some extra rubs for luck. Beat those Stars!!!!

I was just catching up on the posts. We really love Hawaii too. We have a friend who lives on the big island. He always says there are no bad days in Hawaii, rain or shine. I agree 100%:)

Another big game for the Sharks tomorrow. Going to where our jerseys, and give Jetti some extra rubs for luck. Beat those Stars!!!!

Carl, yes extra rubs for Jetti...we will be at Saturday's game which I think will be really critical. It's time for Logan, Ryane and Paddy to get hot!

GO SHARKS!

Yay! Sharks win!

Janice, I hope the Sharks win for you Saturday! My favorite game of the year, fan appreciation. I like at the end when they bring lucky fans on the ice and the players present there game jerseys to them.

Gotta beat those kings Thursday!