NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

I am keeping everything crossed that they continue this winning tradition and make it three out of three...they were on fire last night! IT was wonderful to see both Thornton and Marleau come up winners!

Karen has a teal sweater she's worn the last 2 games. She's afraid to wash it, might wash the wins out of it.:eek:

Karen has a teal sweater she's worn the last 2 games. She's afraid to wash it, might wash the wins out of it.:eek:

Carl, don't wash it!!! FYI, have you gone to a game at the Shark Tank yet? We are looking at the remaining games and deciding since that will be one of DH's presents this year.

Carl, don't wash it!!! FYI, have you gone to a game at the Shark Tank yet? We are looking at the remaining games and deciding since that will be one of DH's presents this year.

Only pre-season games. Our daughter went to the Dallas game week before last. You can get get tickets at face value on Yahoo group "Sharks Tickets". Another place I've bought tickets in the past is a web site "The Feeder.com, or craigslist. Just be careful of scam artists on craigslist.

Only pre-season games. Our daughter went to the Dallas game week before last. You can get get tickets at face value on Yahoo group "Sharks Tickets". Another place I've bought tickets in the past is a web site "The Feeder.com, or craigslist. Just be careful of scam artists on craigslist.

Carl, I have had success both selling and purchasing tickets on Craigslist. However, I know that the times are different now as Yvonne's son had a bad incident last year...I wonder where SJGAL is now? We miss you!

Merry Xmas everyone!

Just got home from San Diego. It was nice there. Karen's niece got married and had a party at Paradise Point. Had a great time, but nice to come home.

Patrick and I love that part of the world, it has been cold here. A holiday wedding is always special!

FYI, have you been watching our team? I am keeping everything crossed tonight!

Patrick and I love that part of the world, it has been cold here. A holiday wedding is always special!

FYI, have you been watching our team? I am keeping everything crossed tonight!

San Diego was nice! We want to go back and do some exploring.

Sharks didn't look so good last night until the third period.

San Diego was nice! We want to go back and do some exploring.

Sharks didn't look so good last night until the third period.

The San Diego area has lots of things to do and then there is beautiful LaJolla too. I cannot believe that the Ducks always seem to push our buttons and we come up short!

Edited by barnismom

I hope everyone had a wonderful NY Eve celebration...mine started out tragically but fortunately no one was hurt. My car malfunctioned and it repeatedly pushed into another car causing it to crash into the garage door...now I need to deal with the repair. I was the designated driver;the accident happened pre-party.

The incident did put a damper on the NY Eve festivities fortunately or unfortunately the other car and garage door belonged to my insurance agent...Carl, I started looking at the NHTSB reports and I have found similar issues but no-recall.

The positive spin is that it ended 2011 and didn't start off with the accident.

I hope everyone had a wonderful NY Eve celebration...mine started out tragically but fortunately no one was hurt. My car malfunctioned and it repeatedly pushed into another car causing it to crash into the garage door...now I need to deal with the repair. I was the designated driver;the accident happened pre-party.

The incident did put a damper on the NY Eve festivities fortunately or unfortunately the other car and garage door belonged to my insurance agent...Carl, I started looking at the NHTSB reports and I have found similar issues but no-recall.

The positive spin is that it ended 2011 and didn't start off with the accident.

That's terrible!

What kind of car do you have?

That's terrible!

What kind of car do you have?

Carl, I have a 2004 Honda Accord with a little over 95,000 miles...I am taking the car to South Bay Honda tomorrow morning. However, I don't expect much. DH said the car "turned" on me; I thought it was possessed. I am saddened that I now have one point on my record and have had a SUPERIOR record for decades. It will be interesting to see how much the insurance goes up in July.

Haven't been keeping up with the Sharks - hope they are doing well - esp while I am gone

Janice - how awful for you! but as you pointed out, at least it didn't happen at the start of 2012 and NO one was hurt - I know how you feel - hate it when stuff like that happens - I do try to think of the positive side - that no one was hurt.

take care everyone - will chat when I get back from vacation - land trip - Philippines and then Hawaii - carol

Haven't been keeping up with the Sharks - hope they are doing well - esp while I am gone

Janice - how awful for you! but as you pointed out, at least it didn't happen at the start of 2012 and NO one was hurt - I know how you feel - hate it when stuff like that happens - I do try to think of the positive side - that no one was hurt.

take care everyone - will chat when I get back from vacation - land trip - Philippines and then Hawaii - carol

Wow Carol!

Have a great trip!

Janice,

Let me know what the repair shop says about your Honda. Very interested.

As Jamie Baker said "They are ramping up", which is good.

Wow Carol!

Have a great trip!

Janice,

Let me know what the repair shop says about your Honda. Very interested.

As Jamie Baker said "They are ramping up", which is good.

Carl, I learned something new...cars have "little black box" type installations; of course you know that. The "Certified" Honda dealer told me that there were no codes so of course that means the incident is on me. However, he did say I could pay for a diagnostic which would cost around $150.

Onto a positive, our dear Sharks could not be getting hotter at a better time in the season; let the games begin!

Dear Carol and Narce!

Have a glorious time...you will be missed! Let's chat about dates for the Northern California get-together when you return!

• 2 weeks later...

Carl where are you? Hope you are staying warm...what did you think of last night's game?

Well I finally went and bought tickets for the Sharks...the last home game of the season! It should be interesting since they are playing the Kings.

Happy Thursday!

HI all! I'm new to cruisecritic and I live in Northern California so I thought I'd say hi :)

barnismom- given your record, if you go to court and ask, the judge will probably reduce your ticket to an infraction. You'll have to go to traffic school and pay the ticket, but it won't go on your record. I'm glad you are ok!!

HI all! I'm new to cruisecritic and I live in Northern California so I thought I'd say hi :)

barnismom- given your record, if you go to court and ask, the judge will probably reduce your ticket to an infraction. You'll have to go to traffic school and pay the ticket, but it won't go on your record. I'm glad you are ok!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! It is such a wonderful place to meet your fellow cruisers before you cruise and those who also live nearby. FYI, where do you live?

Unfortunately or fortunately my accident involved my insurance agent's vehicle and garage door it was in her driveway. I only have one point now but she said that there was no traffic school option for this incident. If I had gotten a speeding ticket or something I could clear my record via this option. However, thanks for the tip.

I hope that you come back again...the San Jose Sharks are coming on in a few minutes so I gotta go!

Edited by barnismom